• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you were a Pokemon Trainer...

Years
  • What 6 Pokemon would you have with you in your Pokemon journey? Without being silly and no legendary ones, and why? Also, who would be your most favourable (like Pikachu with Ash)?

My 6 would be:

Glalie
    Ludicolo
    Lucario
    Musharna
    Jumpluff
    Chandelure

These would be my 6 because I like to have a variety and a nice amount of uniqueness. Also, I love some of these Pokemon and I would enjoy being with them. In my mind Pokemon have personalities e.g Lucario being brave, Glalie being chill, Ludicolo being a bit of a joker etc.

As for my most loved Pokemon - Glalie. I am a big fan of Glalie and I see him (mine would be a boy) as a Pokemon with a fighting spirit along with a cute side, and I have always been a fan of Ice-types. Also, his size is always quite beneficial because you wouldn't have a Dragonite casually flying next to you as you walk from town to town and you wouldn't fancy a Dragon sitting on your shoulder. Another plus side is that he would cool me down when it's hot and when it's cold he can make me...even colder.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
  • Why no legendaries though? :P

Well alright, I can see why the big ones would be messed up. But say you could include a single of the lesser ones, in other words, at most 600 TBS (which is the strength of Tyranitar etc aynway), not event-only, and not important in a plot(Mesprit..). Those that are barely legendary ie Articuno, Regirock, Heatran, Tornadus...

of course these are still some of the rarest ever, so you'd have to really devote yourself to find just one, meaning you wouldn't have more than one on the team.

Anyways, thats the rules Ill play with :P

This is really tough for someone like me though. Because there is basically no pokemon I dislike and Ive paid enough attention to each one at some time for me to like them all in at least some way. Like, I'd really really wanna fit Galvantula somewhere but Id have to ditch Ampharos which I just cannot do D:
    Same for Torterra, Scolipede and so on... if there was room for a legendary, it'd be either Raikou or Heatran.

280.png
    179.png
    451.png
    345.png
    361.png
    328.png

282.png
    181.png
    452.png
    346.png
    478.png
    330.png

I think these are my biggest favs. I wold want so many other ones in there, but they don't beat the one thats holding their spot...
    I got a pretty awesome and nice diverse combination of types there :D
    If the team should have a good coverage, Id replace Gardevoir with Gallade, but Gardevoir is so lonely now when everyone uses him over it...
    psychic.png
    electric.png
    poison.png
    dark.png
    rock.png
    grass.png
    ice.png
    ghost.png
    ground.png
    dragon.png

But for a team of simply favs, its as good as it gets :B

Notice how I didnt pick a legendary anyway XD... its just what Id have included if I made the thread.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Going to kick this over to Pokemon Voting Polls since that's where it belongs. :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • My team would consist of Gallade, Lucario, Porygon-Z, Archeops, Excadrill and Empoleon. It may be chock-full of common weaknesses, but those 6 are 6 of my personal favorites.

_CruzaComplex

Steven Stone Fanatic
    Years
  • Oh goodness. I'd be lying if I said I'd never thought about this before.

Imma have to go with:
    Metagross (Hands down my favourite Pokemon. Why it's not everyone's is beyond me >.>)
    Gardevoir (Seems like Gardy would be handy if I ever felt down. Plus I just like 'em.)
    Eevee (I love potential. Eevee is fluffy potential -w- )
    Aggron (The steel type is the best type ^_^ If you can't tell, I'm a Hoenn sucker too.)
    Togekiss (It's fluffy. It can fly. It spreads happiness. <3 Togekiss)
    Swampert (It swims. It used to be Mudkip. It's got cool fin...things. I like him. I named my first "Kipper" -w- Heavy Nigel Thornberry influence there. But that was eons ago when R/S was released.)

EDIT: No worries PlatinumDude. In the Anime/Manga we see a LOT of mono-typing. *coughEVERYGYMcough* >.> My selections aren't exactly bullet-proof either. If Swampert were to go down, I'd be screwed by a fire-type, and I can't set up Stealth Rock with this team. The only real similarity between this team and my competitive one is the use of Metagross. If Pokemon were real (give it time) I'd be that mono-typer. Steel, baby, steel. Steven Stone has nothing on me...except fame, fortune, awesome rock collection, travel experience, wisdom, and a snazzy outfit.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I know that if I were really a Pokemon trainer, I would battle moreso with my favorites rather than worrying too much about weakness/resistance (although I'd stll try to keep a somewhat balanced team).

If I were to choose right now, my team would be:
    Butterfree, Ninetales, Aggron, Empoleon, Froslass and Eevee (which I would eventually evolve into either an Umbreon or Espeon).

The Legend of Zorra

La Leyenda de la Zorra
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2013
    I'd have to say my own team would be Honchkrow, Flareon, Golem, Serperior, maybe Lapras, and a Miltank would be helpful because we'd never be thirsty 8D

Honestly though, this is a tough decision. There are so many favorites.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • The same team that my self created trainer character Lisa has (and the same ones I have on Platinum for wi-fi battles):

Persian
    Jolteon
    Weezing
    Metagross
    Walrein
    Flygon

This is a very type diverse group of Pokemon who mix it up between special and physical attacks. They're all final form Pokemon, and they're among the more attractive ones, IMO (yes, even Weezing).

Of course, I would only journey under the condition that I have a seventh partner... one with (at least) four wheels and an engine. This seventh, motorized partner (preferably manufactured by the Buick division of General Motors) would also be the one that I would be the most attached to.

No car (or truck, or van, or luxury motorcoach), no journey. That's my policy.

Renegade1

#1 Noob!
    Years
  • Hrm, never really thought about it like that

However of the top of my head;

Munchlax (being my much loved favourite)
    Treecko > Grovyle
    Torchic > Combusken
    Scyther
    Slakoth > Vigoroth > Slaking
    Onyx > Steelix

I'd stop evolving them at their evolutionary stages listed above. I also don't care about how battle worthy they are. They'd what I'd have so ner.

Can i just say, I enjoyed posting here :D I actually looked up and spent 15 minutes laying around deciding. Good job.

This list is subject to change

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
    Years
  • I'd have...

A Gengar. Simply the best pokemon ever, if you know how to troll right.

Ninetails. Ninetails is one of my favorite fire pokemon. She just looks awesome. Also because momtails.

Gardevoir. A good psychic type, and I like her design.

Luxray. Possibly the coolest D/P pokemon, and my favorite 4th genner.

Eevee/Umbreon. Another one of my favorites. This would be my fav.

Lastly, I'd have a Salamence. It's always good to have a powerhouse and flyer on the team.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
  • I would have...

Pidgeot/Atricuno
    Nidoqueen
    Lapras
    Ninetales
    Meganium

and my special partner would be Jolteon.

Nomine

サトセレ
    Years
  • I'd love to leave small innuendos so as to make you guess, but I'll just tell you all straight out. (Haha!) My six would be:

Manectric
    Ludicolo
    Walrein
    Sceptile
    Pikachu
    Snorlax

My "notable" Pokémon would by Snorlax, well... for obvious reasons! (LET'S HAVE A BOUNCING PARTY!!!) Nah, not really. Snorlax would be my favorite because he's lax and care-free.
    I have an atypical attachment to the classic Pokémon, especially those native to the Hoenn region. (As you can probably see from the Pokémon I've chosen.) Hoenn is my favorite region out of all of them, by far. I don't really have a fondness for the Pokémon native to the region in the incumbent games. (Isshu/Unova)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Chandelure, Braviary, Electivire, Tyranitar, Kingdra & Scizor.

Spr_5b_609.png
    Spr_5b_628.png
    Spr_5b_466.png
    Spr_5b_248.png
    Spr_5b_230.png
    Spr_5b_212_m.png

Some hard choices, I love waaaaaay too many Pokemon. And I tried really hard not to repeat types. My Partner would be Braviary.

With a team this powerful I could be the League Champion

Last edited:
    Years
  • I agree with everyone saying this is hard to narrow down cause it really is lol :)

Ninetales - (would be my top partner, it's just so elegant)
    Vaporeon - (everything about it intrigues me, like the way it melts into water)
    Venomoth - (it's pretty yet deadly which is an awesome combo haha)
    Swellow - (my all time favourite bird and I'd use it to Fly)
    Manectric - (my favourite electric pokémon)
    Hitmonlee - (I do Taekwondo so it could train in all the kicks with me haha)

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2020
    My team would probably have to be:
    Swampert, Blaziken, Roserade, Luxray, Togekiss

260.png
    257.png
    407.png
    405.png
    468.png

And my main Pokemon would have to be Gardevoir
    282.png

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    My team would consist of Cyndaquil, Delcatty, Gallade, Staraptor, Zoroark and...
    155.gif
    301.gif
    475.gif
    398f.gif
    571.gif

...the Pokemon that I would favor would be Beedrill. I love Beedrill. I don't care if he's crap in game, its BEEDRILL.

015.gif

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • Now everybody knows that certain Pokemon may suck in game but it's a different game when it comes to (real life) "Pokemon will never be real I'm just trying to make a point."
    Plasmette is correct, Beedrill may suck in game but if trained right it could be a beast. Now my pokemon would be.
    Umbreon, Flygon, Swampert, Raichu, Shiftry, and Typhlosion.

197.gif
    330.gif
    260.gif
    275.gif
    026.gif
    157.gif

Years
  • Being a fan of Ghost-types, I'd probably use at least a couple Ghost Pokemon.

Froslass
    Gengar
    Alakazam
    Mandibuzz
    Golurk
    Shiny Steelix

Obviously the Steelix would be my favorite/ace, being shiny and all.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    My team would probably consist of Honchkrow, Arbok, Venomoth, Seviper, Vileplume, and Skuntank.
    Spr_5b_430.png
    Spr_5b_024.png
    Spr_5b_049.png
    Spr_4d_336.png
    Spr_4d_045_m.png
    Spr_5b_435.png

Not really a balanced team at all, but hey, I go with the ones I like.

And of course Honchkrow would be my most favored Pokemon. He'd be my paly partner. xD

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
    Years
  • Meh, I'd stay in school and live near home.

I'd have
    005.gif

A Charmeleon as my partner Pokemon, most likely named Reddin.

328.gif

A Tranpinch (Since I'll probably find one since I live in the desert) named Snippy.

129.gif

Mr. Fish my Magikarp, since I'd be lazy.

443.gif

And a Gible, since it's also typically a Pokemon that hangs around deserts or desert like areas.

As for my Pokemon if I go out on a journey? Well, I don't know...
    You can say that you want something, but if Pokemon were real, you'd have to follow the real world rules, and in the real world, you never know what might happen, but I'd definitely be with Reddin.

However, this is the team that I'd most likely have by the end of my journey:

006.gif

Reddin won't be a Charmeleon forever.

445.gif

I'd definitely keep the Gible.

128.gif

Tons of cattle around my area, I'm bound to eventually run into a Tauros that escaped and has gone feral.

130.gif

It'll take dedication, but I'd work hard to get a Gyarados!

405.gif

Hmm.. I keep getting the feeling that I'd find a Shinx somewhere..

034.gif

(Or Nidoqueen)
    I also keep getting the feeling that I'd find a Nidoran somewhere around as well.

As for the Trapinch, I'd probably keep it home.
    This is based on enviroment around my area. I live in the desert, but not too far off there are mountains with plenty of caves for Gibles, forests for Shinx and Nidoran, and ranches for possible feral Tauros.

Last edited:
    Back