• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Keeping It In The Family Challenge

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Objective
The objective of the Keeping It In The Family Challenge is to defeat the game using pokemon either from the same evolution line, egg group or pokemon that are related to each other. For example, your team may consist of a ratatta, blastoise, snorlax and golem if a ditto is their father.

• You may use any pokemon game you wish, including fangames.
  • Hacks are permitted in easy and normal mode. However if you are using a gen I game, such as Blue, Yellow, Green or Red, then you may hack on the hard mode due to breeding not being available.
  • You may trade.
  • Breeding is encouraged. You can breed your team members to make other offspring during the challenge.
  • You may clone, but should be tagged as a twin when you sign up.
  • Rare candies are banned in all modes.
  • You may use roms.
  • You may use HM Slaves. In fact I suggest you have two or one HM slave. They do not have to be related to the family.
  • You may start the challenge anytime regardless of where you are in your game.
  • How your challenge will usually end with the elite four. Depending on which mode you chose, you may have to do this many more times.
  • You're free to try the challenge again in another family.

The three difficulty modes
Easy - You may hack to your heart's content. Please bare in mind that the no rare candy rule still applies. Challenge ends when all your family is at level 50 or over and enter the hall of fame once. Legendary pokemon are allowed.

Normal - Hacking allowed, but no instant egg codes, no more than one legendary is allowed and no rare candies. Challenge ends when all your family is at level 75 or over and you've entered the hall of fame twice.

Hard - Family must be fully legit unless breeding is not available to you. Strictly no legendary pokemon or rare candies. Hacking is only permitted in Gen 1. Challenge ends when family is at level 100 and you've entered the hall of fame three times.

Relatives
Spouce - This pokemon has produced eggs with your main pokemon.
Sibling - Pokemon who shares both the main pokemon's parents.
Twin - A clone of your main pokemon.
Half-sibling - pokemon shares one of the main pokemon's parents.
In law - related to the spouce of your main pokemon.
Child - offspring to your main pokemon.
Stepchild - Offspring from your spouce, but the mother of the child is not your main pokemon.
Uncle/Aunt - sibling of your main pokemon's parents.
Parent - mother or father to one of your main pokemon.
Nephew/neice - Male offspring to your main pokemon's sibllings
Cousin - Offspring to any of your main pokemon's Uncle or aunts.
Adoptive child/sibling - Not directly related to your main pokemon, but are in the same egg group or same evolution line.
Godfather/godmother - HM slaves.
Username:
Game:
Mode:
Main pokemon: - nickname
Pokemon 2 - nickname (relationship to pokemon 1)
Pokemon 3 - nickname (relationship to pokemon 1)
Pokemon 4 - nickname (relationship to pokemon 1)
Pokemon 5 - nickname (relationship to pokemon 1)
Pokemon 6 - nickname (relationship to pokemon 1)

Challengers
Username: Bewbs
Game: Black
Mode: Normal
Bellossom: - Orgasmique
Vileplume - Stinkie (Spouce)
Eggsecutor - Fluffy (Half-brother)
Chikorita - Chico (Nephew)
Liligant - Lilybaby (Half-sister)
Oddish - Sweet (Adopted Son)
Username:Lezza
Game:White
Mode: Normal
Garchomp: - Chompers
Aggron - IronOre (Spouce)
Dratini - Punchy (Half-Brother)
Dratini - Peter (Half-Brother)
Mareep - Fluffums (StepChild)
Bagon - Draco (Adopted Child)

Username: TheFifthAlice
Game: Touhoumon World Link
Mode: Hard
Main Pokemon: EMeiling - China
EReimu - Punishment - Child
FRemilia - Remi - Spouse
ERemilia - BadassLoli - Child
EKoakuma - Koa - Adopted Sibling
EFlandre - Flan - Adoptive Child
Also: SSAlice - Arisu - Godmother

Username: DarkChibimon
Game: Heart Gold
Ditto: - Bubblegum
Luxray - Star Spouce
Luxray - Fang Child
Floatzel - Cuddles Child
Furret - Mr Fuzzy Child
Absol - Blade Child

Hope you enjoy the challenge don't hesitate to ask any questions or share your progress.

Last edited:

Lezza

The Guy who loves Braviarys
Years
Sounds Really Cool,
Username:Lezza
Game:White
Mode:Normal( Opting for Hard, but maybe after this)
Garchomp: - Chompers
Aggron - IronOre (Spouce)
Dratini - Punchy (Half-Brother)
Dratini - Peter (Half-Brother)
Mareep - Fluffums (StepChild)
Bagon - Draco (Adopted Child)
Question for 5th Gen, When you say reach hall of fame, is that beat Alder or beat N? So normal Beat N then Alder etc.

Last edited:

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
For 5th gen, defeating N after the elite four will class as one of the hall of fame entries, so it would be either.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
You say fan games are allowed? Time to check the Touhoumon egg groups :P
Username: TheFifthAlice
Game: Touhoumon Another World
Mode: Lunatic Hard.
Main Pokemon: EMeiling - China
EReimu - Punishment - Child
FRemilia - Remi - Spouse
ERemilia - BadassLoli - Child
EKoakuma - Koa - Adopted Sibling
EFlandre - Flan - Adoptive Child
Also: SSAlice - Arisu - Godmother(Yeah I know this is 7 but I will train all of them. All 7. 'Sides, of all I chose, SSAlice is the only one who can learn Surf.)
Does this work?

EDIT: I realized there's no reason for ESakuya to be a spouse. Changed that to EReimu instead.

Last edited:

Lezza

Years
Update on my game,
Got all my pokemon, Aron lv.10, Gible lv.10 and the rest are eggs,

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Great job guys. All my pokemon are at level 100 apart from Sweet and Chico. Sweet evolved into a gloom and Chico evolved into a meganium. If I recall correctly, Sweet is at level 42 and Chico is at level 39. After I've finished the normal mode, I'll let Orgasmique and Stinkie have some children of their own.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
Actually, can I change my game to Touhoumon World Link? I don't think I can breed 'till pretty late in Another World...

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Sure, that's fine. :)

I'm currently putting Sweet (Gloom) into Dream World. Chico is still in my part with the rest of the family. I'm planning on giving Orgasmique and Stinkie some of their own children at some point. Probably one or two.

Lezza

Years
Sure, that's fine. :)

I'm currently putting Sweet (Gloom) into Dream World. Chico is still in my part with the rest of the family. I'm planning on giving Orgasmique and Stinkie some of their own children at some point. Probably one or two.

cool, reached castelia City,
Gabite lv.24
Flaaffy lv.18
Aron lv.17
Dratinis lv.17
Bagon lv.18

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
Ugh. My god. I am absolutely SURE I typed my update up a minute ago and posted it, but I must have accidentally X'ed out of the thing too early... I'm so NOT going to post that long update again, so instead I'll just post a screenshot of my team.
Touhoumon%20World%20Link_Jul15%2018_34_02.png

My team is a CMeiling, CAlice, and CFlandre. And I also have a CReimu. I'm at the point just before the second gym, and by the way, this game begins set in Hoenn. But I went to Kanto to get CFlandre, CAlice, and CReimu.

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Looks like you guys are all having fun. :)

Here's my team so far.
Orgasmique - Level 100
Stinkie - Level 100
Fluffy - Level 100
Chico - Level 81
Lilybaby - Level 100
Sweet - Level 73

Orgasmique and Stinkie had five oddishes. I did say one or two but got a little carried away. They're names are David, Monica, Blue, Plum and Sage. Sweet evolved into vileplume.
Lilybaby had a daughter named Petunia.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
UPDATE

I found a Chibi Koakuma in the cave at Dewford, but I forgot what I was supposed to name it and ended up naming it "Devil". When I get to the Name Rater I'll change that. I also trained up Flan a bit, the weak little thing. The "Flan learned Astonish" didn't help. But when I found Steven I taught her Steel Wings, so she doesn't suck now. Her moveset is Leech Life, Leer, Astonish and Steel Wings for cryin' out loud. After Flan learns Ember I'll train Koakuma till she learns Confusion, and Arisu idk I'll just train to some level close to the others. I have no idea when I'm going to find a CRemilia though.

Lezza

Years
Update 2- Im at Iccirus City, just encountered N in Dragonsprial tower, my team is-
Gabite Lv.45
Shelgon Lv.43
Dragonair's Lv.42
Aggron Lv.45
Ampharos Lv.46

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 15, 2023
Username: DarkChibimon
Game: Heart Gold
Ditto: - Bubblegum
Luxray - Star Spouce
Luxray - Fang Child
Floatzel - Cuddles Child
Furret - Mr Fuzzy Child
Absol - Blade Child

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Wow I should come on here more often. Thanks for taking part, Darkchibimon. Hope Bubblegum excels with his children. :D I finished my challenge and I think I'm going to go with the hard challenge. I just need to plan a new family.

Stodd

Dragon Tamer
Years
Username: Stodd
Game: Crystal
Mode: Normail (to start)
Main pokemon: - Raticate
Pokemon 2 - Raticate2 (adoptive child)
Pokemon 3 - Raticate3 (adoptive child)
Pokemon 4 - Raticate4 (adoptive child)
Pokemon 5 - Raticate5 (adoptive child)
Pokemon 6 - Raticate6 (adoptive child)

This challenge seems interesting. Sounds fun. I will not be hacking or using codes. playin it oldschool. i'll update soon.

Back