• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon - 2Awesome Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    CLICK THIS THREAD. STOP HOVERING YOUR MOUSE OVER THE TITLE AND BEING LAZY
    And I also have pictures that girl you stare at in math class. You know, that really cute girl who you know doesn't belong in the advanced math class, but you don't really care because she's pretty to look at except for that one time she caught you staring and it was really awkward so you stopped but then next week you were bored again and glanced over and she glared at you, and thinks you were staring, but you can't exactly shout out "Stop giving me that look, I wasn't staring at you!" in the middle of class and so you're angry and embarrassed and have to wait until after class, but then you decide not to bring it up because then it will show that you kept thinking about it the entire period.

All of that was just a clever fabrication to get you here. And it worked because you are a pervert, you pervert. Oh and your mom saw the tabs you left open last night, too. Remember that Google Search you felt guilty about? She saw it.

Pokemon 2Awesome Version is a sort of sequel to Pokemon Awesome Version, which I never showcased here 'cause didn't have 10 screenshots.

For those wondering, Pokemon Awesome Version is this:

ANYWAY...

Pokemon 2Awesome Version is meant to be comical, full of references, and also have a neat storyline. And it has all these things. And they're done very well. Because I did them. And I do things well, mostly.
    Sometimes.

Some notes:
    The game is full of references you might know. It references video games, movies, real life things, and television shows.

The storyline is as follows:

You are the typical Trainer, who wants to beat the 4 Gyms of the Empire region, while constantly beating your extremely salty and HUGE douchebag of a rival, who goes by the name of Fatal.

Along the way, you see/hear about Pokemon being murdered. You don't know who is doing it, and you don't care. It just so happens that you and the "bad people" cross paths. (I mean, you're a kid. What kid says "Oh! I think I'll stop an evil syndicate today!")

And as you beat the Gyms, more and more problems arise, and you see how people are starting to get really scared, while civilians know nothing about what the army is trying to hide. (No, it's not meant to be a political game. At all. But that's what they're doing, essentially, is covering up past ideas.)

Features:

-All new storyline
    -All new scripts/events
    -All new maps
    -Some side events
    -All new Gyms
    -All new Gym Leaders/Elite 4
    -All new random NPCs/Trainers

Pictures:

2.png
    Screen7.jpg
    Screen4.jpg
    Screen3.jpg
    SS2.jpg
    Pokemon-2AwesomeVersion-3.png
    camp.png
    Screen5-1.jpg
    Screen2.jpg
    Screen8.jpg
    Screen9.jpg
    Screen10.jpg
    Screen11.jpg

OMG VIDEO PREVIEW:

Known bugs:

I'm hoping to call this a complete gamma release, I had it tested by 4 different people including myself. We found 99% of the bugs, but I'm sure there will be some more. However, if they aren't gamebreaking, there really isn't a need for another release, imo. There are some problems, though.

-Some songs have corrupted instruments. Emerald does this. (At least in the 2011 version of Advancemap. WHICH IS BUGGY AS HELL SOMETIMES.) If I fixed the corrupted songs, it would overwrite other data that I changed. And the beeps are kind of funny to hear after a while. It's like the music is "special."
    -On that note, Sceptile's cry is known to have HORRIBLE SOUNDS which are practically the equivalent of white noise. But most anyone speeds up battles anyway.
    -Upon starting the game, your house shakes and there are tile errors. (Because normally you're in the truck.) I never bothered couldn't figure out how to remove that.

These are all the problems I know of.

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tbpckdodc9bku7v

Please note that this is a .ups file and not an .ips file. To patch it, you will need the program "tsukuyomi UPS",
    which can easily be found through Google.

Credits:

hinkage: Mapping, Scripting, Tileset Editing, General Text and Trainer Editing, Debugging, Buzzword Using

Mikeray4: Storyline, Alpha Testing

Fats: Beta Testing

Bloodcross: Beta Testing

Luigi-San: Always reliably pointing out my dumbass-ness

And yeah, it's a short game, I know. But I hope it will be fun to play. I put much more work into this game than Pokemon Awesome Version.

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    You've changed some things like 'Wild XXXXXXX appeared' message and the sending pokemon out message.
    What was the point in that. It makes me for some reason not want to go into a battle.
    And the grammar could be improved, and you have overcrossing overworld styles, which is never good.
    How did this get to the Hacks Showcase without entering Progressing Hacks

hinkage

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    You've changed some things like 'Wild XXXXXXX appeared' message and the sending pokemon out message.
    What was the point in that. It makes me for some reason not want to go into a battle.
    And the grammar could be improved, and you have overcrossing overworld styles, which is never good.
    How did this get to the Hacks Showcase without entering Progressing Hacks

1. Because Pokemon Vietnamese Crystal is amazing.
    2. Grammar seems fine to me. I DID write a lot late at night though. But I wanted to finish before I had to go back to school. The OW styles are fine. It's a GAME after all, and I like what I did with the game I made. I like to have deserts with tree borders, for example. It's fun to have a desert like that, in some cases.
    3. Because it's a finished game, and you aren't required to post your hack there before releasing it.

leews24

ha
    Years
  • 1. Because Pokemon Vietnamese Crystal is amazing.
    2. Grammar seems fine to me. I DID write a lot late at night though. But I wanted to finish before I had to go back to school. The OW styles are fine. It's a GAME after all, and I like what I did with the game I made. I like to have deserts with tree borders, for example. It's fun to have a desert like that, in some cases.
    3. Because it's a finished game, and you aren't required to post your hack there before releasing it.

Don't know about that man, no offense but I CAN see some grammer stuff
    Wild EKAN jump out? Doesnt that seem a little off?
    or Are you planning to buy?
    or You take forever! Like a month getting ready!

It's not really grammar stuff, but really really awkward english.

It's a great idea and everything, but it does need to go into the Progressing Hacks section and fix alot of stuff.

hinkage

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    The patch doesn't seem to work...

Fixed. I'm really sorry, I used .ips and not .ups

It worked for me, so try it now.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tezy6hpelb8aecg

Don't know about that man, no offense but I CAN see some grammer stuff

It's a great idea and everything, but it does need to go into the Progressing Hacks section and fix alot of stuff.

No, I assure you it's done. They're people, not robots; and moreover, the people are given "teenager" and "immature" personas. And "really really awkward English" is really really awkward English.

Last edited:

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • I agree with Leews24 and nintendork about the errors, and to me,the story is alright but kinda not really thought out, I mean, what hack has all this really dark stuff about death and the grammar is okay but really is not correct english.And a complete hack full of refferences might tick some people off.Cuterline did it but he had it very hidden which made his hack extremely good You might want to see some more tutorials or have a hacking team help you if your really commited to it.And even though it is a full hack it should be in the progressing hacks section,Pokemon Advance Adventure was mostly fully complete but never got into the hacks showcase that quick.And the titlescreen needs a bit of...fixing.No offence

Last edited:

hinkage

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Maybe you should play it and see how you like it first.

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2012
    it's based Emerald?
    how many find legendary in this pokemon,,,??

hinkage

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024

I soooo think he's not gonna like this xD

Anyways I don't know why everyone try to make parody hacks... If they keep on coming, no one's going to want to play them... Not to mention serious hacks in which hackers put lot of effort are always better.

Actually, I put a lot of work into this. Also, "parody" isn't really the right word here... I'm not making fun of anything.

I did try to make a serious story, too.

leews24

ha
    Years
  • Actually, I put a lot of work into this. Also, "parody" isn't really the right word here... I'm not making fun of anything.

I did try to make a serious story, too.

Well, Tell ya what.
    Make the game Appealing to us.
    If you want to get the people to play it, you need to get somewhat a positive impression.
    We understand that you put alot of work and time onto you work.
    But like when you advertise something, most ppl wont buy stuff just since making it was a hard process.

For example, organize your intro post.
    Compared with any other threads,it looks messy and seems to lack information. Even if you do not know basic HTML, I highly suggest you organize and add more info.

However, adding this sort of info is minus.
    Pokemon 2Awesome Version is a sort of sequel to Pokemon Awesome Version, which I never showcased here 'cause didn't have 10 screenshots.
    Then does anyone actually know about Pokemon Awesome Version?
    Most ppl wont when it was never showcased.
    In that case, just don't write about it. Most ppl who don't know of Pokemon Awesome Version might end up going "wha the heck"
    If you want to write about it, go ahead and tell us more about it, or give us a link.

No offense, but some serious skills besides hacking are needed here.

E.C.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2021
    This is interesting, it's good to have a hack that is meant to be funny (most hacks are about saving the world n stuff) so this will give me a break from those other hacks, hope it's as good as snakewood (which IMO is by far the best hack that includes comedy while still being serious,) maybe this hack might beat it :D

hinkage

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    @Leews24. You do have great suggestions, especially including how almost everyone won't understand Pokemon Awesome Version references.

But as for the thread itself, it shouldn't really need much more than screenies and a video. I mean, how many times does the actually fanciness of a thread influence someone playing? Personally, I judge whether I like it or not based on what I actually see in game.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    nintendo dork

D:< FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Anyway when I said overworld crossing
    I meant in one of those screens you have a Fr/Lg Overworld. Where the rest of the game is R/S/E Graphics. It's best to stick with one graphic style.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • I soooo think he's not gonna like this xD
    D:< FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    I'm not good with names xDD
    But as for the thread itself, it shouldn't really need much more than screenies and a video. I mean, how many times does the actually fanciness of a thread influence someone playing? Personally, I judge whether I like it or not based on what I actually see in game.
    Actually the fanciness of the thread actually does help boost more people into playing this.And like I said, try to recruit members for your team.

hinkage

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Pokemon-2AwesomeVersion-3.png

just caught this, this map needs some fixing, since it makes no sense why there are stairs in that place.

Yes it does, it's because you're going down a slope. If there were tiles to show water leaking down, I would have used them. But there aren't, so I couldn't. (And I'm terrible at drawing.) I think it looks neat.

leews24

ha
    Years
  • @Leews24. You do have great suggestions, especially including how almost everyone won't understand Pokemon Awesome Version references.

Okay, maybe you don't judge a book by it's cover. Of course, you shouldnt. I mostly don't(I'm not the world's biggest gbc hack fan.) People should actually play it, then judge it.
    But I'm sorry, That just isn't the case. At least half the people just come here, and never comment. Most don't even look at this game, due to it's number if replies or somethin. I'm sorry, that's just the way it is.

It got long, so I wrapped it inside
    Spoiler:

PS: Really? SLOPES IN WATER????

Zetsubou Johnny

He once drank an entire bottle of windex
    Years
  • Don't know about that man, no offense but I CAN see some grammer stuff

Thats all on purpose, he's referencing something. There a famous lets play of people playing a twice translated verson of pokemon crystal. "Wild Ekan jump out", "GO AWAY" when throwing out a pokemon. It's all tributes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back