• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Full BW2 Anime ... ?

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I'm sure many of you have seen the epic BW2 Promo Animated Trailers for the new Release of Black and White 2?

I'm wondering, Do you think it'd be best for the anime to lose it's current characters and start afresh with the BW2 heroes and rival in the new unova region?

Just think how epic it'd be?! D:

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2013
[SIZE="a"]Yes I would love it. But... I dought nintendo will do that[/SIZE]

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Nintendo doesn't control the Anime and plays no part in the Anime. Its ran by TPC. Ash is a staple to the Anime and plays too much of a central role. They tried to push Ash off in the past and it didn't end up too well rating wise so the idea was pretty much scrapped, though we got to see them as the Special Anime with the Johto Characters.

I don't believe they'd get rid of Ash or Pikachu since they are pretty much the embodiment of the anime.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
We see this idea everytime something new is made =D
We wanted anime with Wes, we wanted anime with Ranger, heck, we even wanted Conquest to be animated =D
And Xander mentioned... main series won't be changed... and since we had this special, nothing more will be done...

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Nintendo doesn't control the Anime and plays no part in the Anime. Its ran by TPC. Ash is a staple to the Anime and plays too much of a central role. They tried to push Ash off in the past and it didn't end up too well rating wise so the idea was pretty much scrapped, though we got to see them as the Special Anime with the Johto Characters.

I don't believe they'd get rid of Ash or Pikachu since they are pretty much the embodiment of the anime.

Or, what if they did a spin off series? Like many popular shows tend to do, and who knows, occasionally have the shows crossover?
Like The hero of BW2 vs Ash? (Everyone knows who'd win).

We see this idea everytime something new is made =D
We wanted anime with Wes, we wanted anime with Ranger, heck, we even wanted Conquest to be animated =D
And Xander mentioned... main series won't be changed... and since we had this special, nothing more will be done...

I only mentioned this because they released full anime trailers for BW2.
I don't believe those mentioned games did?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Or, what if they did a spin off series? Like many popular shows tend to do, and who knows, occasionally have the shows crossover?
Like The hero of BW2 vs Ash? (Everyone knows who'd win).

The Main Protags from B2W2 will most likely just make Cameos in the current Pokemon series. Lyra appeared and they usually have one of the mains in with the story. Best Wishes Season 2 is supposed to show a new Rival at some point according to the pre-release scan info from forever ago. If he doesn't then he will make Movie Cameo like Brendan, Jimmy, and the Crystal look alike that became a model or something from the same minisode with Jimmy.

I forgot to mention that they DID try to do a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. I only know 2 episodes aired before it was taken off. So I mean nothing seems to do any good if Ash isn't the main character.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
There is always a possibility if Japanese fans demand it. But they obviously won't replace the current one. And for Black and White 2 anime to be better than the current show, they'll probably need a new studio with different staff. Maybe Bones or Sunrise lol.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
If they're going to just continue using Ash and Pikachu, the least they could do is amp it up a bit. I mean, they kind of did that with the new season, but I think it just become more childish than it already was since season one. Maybe they could try an episode similar to how those trailers were made; improve the animation, add slightly darker themes, yet still make it suitable for children. The movies do it, and the anime used to, so why can't they bring it back?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but animating the episode itself costs a ton of money, too, right? Maybe if they can't make the animation look like how the trailer's was, at least add the slightly darker/mature themes. That's just my opinion, though - I feel like if they did this, the anime wouldn't have as much hate as it does now.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I don't see a Full Anime out of it. And even if we did I think it would be monthly, so there would be few and far between.

As for scrapping the current anime that is not going to happen. The backlash would be quite far reaching. Until I get a resolution and a definite ending from Ash and Co. I wouldn't be satisfied with them ending it. So first work on the product you have now and trying to increase its quality before you take a shot at something else and in this instance leave the other series for dead.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Like other people said, fans won't like it when Ash is scrapped from the show in favor of a totally new anime, since they've been showing Ash's adventures since the late 90s. But on the other hand, a mini spin-off series with the B2/W2 characters isn't a bad idea, IMO, with a slightly older Ash cameoing here and there.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Ranger Signs had 2 5 minutes episodes showing the first mission.
PMDs had 2 or 3 episodes about the beggining and the end of gameplay.
Conquest has Japanese historical figures so they were in many anime, most notably Sengoku Basara which is about Masamune's and Yukimura's quest to beat Nobunaga.

droomph

weeb
Years
TPCi...goodness.

Anyways, why would you get rid of Ash and Pikachu? It's not a matter of change but the fact that you've built up 14 years of closeness to Ash and then you're going to rip him out?

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
Err, maybe it's a finale for Giovanni, and he finally retires like in the games? The season has just started.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
That or the eventual finale of Team Rocket as a whole. I don't see the series as a finale and even if it was they would still need to go through the league. And if we are piecing them wanting a BW2 anime I think they would have implemented it by now.

Years
I would love to see a new anime featuring Kyouhei, Mei and Hugh as main characters but given how popular Ash is I don't see the writers dumping him anytime soon.

And I agree with what Kenshin and Xander said. If they were to appear it would most likely be a cameo.

Droomph is also right, Ash and Pikachu aren't going anywhere due to the influence they have on the younger audience the anime is targeted at.

I also agree with PlatinumDude, retiring Ash would be a mistake due to the fact he's been the main star since the 90's.

If the B2/W2 trailer was made into an anime, I guess a cameo of Ash would be nice.

MidiMasterShiro

Music Hacker/Composer
Years
Seeing an anime of Black 2 and White 2 would be amazing to see, but replacing the anime would probably won't get the producers a good response from the fans.

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2012
Well, many players will think that's a good idea too. I'm not an exception, but XanderO is correct that Ash and Pikachu won't be replaced, they've existed for too many years.

And do you think making extra stuffs is that easy? That require costs and resources and staffs, and a long time too. Maybe if they really want Kyouhei to be a part of the anime, they'll put it in the introduction of the next Pokemon movie, like Ethan using his Donphan and Brendan using his Swampert. Well, we all like to see that , right?

Well, many players will think that's a good idea too. I'm not an exception, but XanderO is correct that Ash and Pikachu won't be replaced, they've existed for too many years.

And do you think making extra stuffs is that easy? That require costs and resources and staffs, and a long time too. Maybe if they really want Kyouhei to be a part of the anime, they'll put it in the introduction of the next Pokemon movie, like Ethan using his Donphan and Brendan using his Swampert. Well, we all like to see that , right?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Nah, I'm not seeing it. Not only are Ash and Pikachu pretty much staples of the Pokemon anime adaptation by now, Ash works pretty much perfectly with the tone the anime is going for right now. If you wanted to change him out, either you'd likely end up with a Ash clone, in which case there was no point in having a new protagonist anyway, or you have to actually change the entire show to work with a new character type for the lead, which would probably alienate more fans than it'd attract. So, uh, yeah, not much to gain by changing gears any time soon.

Besides, that trailer is overrated :P

rageahollic33

Roserade is the best
Years
about the Givovanni pick. I think Team Rocket ends and Team Plasma will be the main villain group. I think that would happen. and about the anime i would love to see a spinoff but it wont happen because well $$$$$$

Back