• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
I've been hunting really sporadically with no luck so I thought, why not put that to good use?

I figured, why not have an unofficial easter egg contest thing?

Basically there are three categories

1. Pokemon shaped like eggs. Use your best judgement, kabuto will work but koffing won't. Basically, oval pokemon

2. Masuda methoded pokemon, or shinies hatched from eggs

3. Pokemon with easter egg patterns. Zig-zags, stripes, spots, dots etc. Once again, use your best judgement

The winner gets... brownie points?

Bunnies and chickens get you more brownie points, but this is an easter EGG contest

I hope this doesn't tread on any rules....
Feel free to join or not, and have fun!
I'll do: kabuto, slugma and whatever I can think of for the last one.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
I've been hunting really sporadically with no luck so I thought, why not put that to good use?

I figured, why not have an unofficial easter egg contest thing?

Basically there are three categories

1. Pokemon shaped like eggs. Use your best judgement, kabuto will work but koffing won't. Basically, oval pokemon

2. Masuda methoded pokemon, or shinies hatched from eggs

3. Pokemon with easter egg patterns. Zig-zags, stripes, spots, dots etc. Once again, use your best judgement

The winner gets... brownie points?

Bunnies and chickens get you more brownie points, but this is an easter EGG contest

I hope this doesn't tread on any rules....
Feel free to join or not, and have fun!
I'll do: kabuto, slugma and whatever I can think of for the last one.

Happiny, try for that one. It is an egg bearer, after all

hey! look who it is! No, i havent died, im still alive, i just havent had a shiny show since my 4 in three days. im still hunting, just nothing is showing

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Hi there, remember me? I got a shiny Skorupi on February 14th . Since then, I have been MMing Bulbasaur and just hatched my 100th egg :) but still, no shiny :(

Years
WOOHOO! FI-NAL-LY!!!!!!! SHINY LITWICK HAS FINALLY HATCHED!!! * Er-hmm... Excuse me for that outbreak... After a whole week of nonstop 15 hrs per day of hatching... This li'l Litwick finally decided to show her face to me!

Well, that Lonely Nature's not all great, so I guess Everstone failed, but at least she has Heat Wave, right?

Well, I'd honestly try to add a link to the video I uploaded on Youtube, but I'm not sure if Pokecommunity allows that sort of thing... Either way, I am absolutely happy with this shiny... Woohoo! *FF Fanfare theme plays in the background*

EDIT: I tried to have a pic here, but it's too large... I don't quite know how to upload images here, I guess...

Last edited:

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Hi there, remember me? I got a shiny Skorupi on February 14th . Since then, I have been MMing Bulbasaur and just hatched my 100th egg :) but still, no shiny :(
Good luck!
Congrats on the shiny NightOfRemorse!

As for me, hatching the Slugmas seems so slow, it didn't take nearly this long to hatch my shiny Cyndaquil. Meh... well they are slugs... *laughs*
Good luck!
WOOHOO! FI-NAL-LY!!!!!!! SHINY LITWICK HAS FINALLY HATCHED!!! * Er-hmm... Excuse me for that outbreak... After a whole week of nonstop 15 hrs per day of hatching... This li'l Litwick finally decided to show her face to me!

Well, that Lonely Nature's not all great, so I guess Everstone failed, but at least she has Heat Wave, right?

Well, I'd honestly try to add a link to the video I uploaded on Youtube, but I'm not sure if Pokecommunity allows that sort of thing... Either way, I am absolutely happy with this shiny... Woohoo! *FF Fanfare theme plays in the background*

EDIT: I tried to have a pic here, but it's too large... I don't quite know how to upload images here, I guess...

Congrats!!! I think you may have had the longest MM hunt in the club, LOL.
If you embed the video in the post, then it's fine, you just can't put a link :(

As for my own hunts:
SoulSilver: Viridian Forest, 3500 REs
Black: Eevee, unknown egg count
Platinum: Giratina, 389 SRs
FireRed/LeafGreen: don't have it yet, when I do I'll either get to Power Plant and start dual hunting Pikachu, or SR Charmander, I don't know.

Good luck everybody!

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years

So for the first time in over a year, I decided to pick up White again and play through that (I had only made it past the third gym and then stopped playing). I played until I passed the sixth gym and then surfed to that place where you can get a Larvesta egg. So, once I had the Larvesta for faster egg hatching, I got a Japanese Pokémon on the GTS and began hatching. Then, 280 eggs later, I got this:

Spoiler:

I named him "Emalkay" after the dubstep producer :3 ain't he beautiful? xD

Congrats to everyone else for their shinies and good luck to us all.
Congrats to both of you =D and to anyone I missed

As for myself
My Hunts:
Ho-oh - 2271 SRs
Axew - 25 eggs

Probably am just going to SR Ho-oh all day, maybe hatch a few eggs but I also wanted to start a Leafgreen Badge Quest, but I want to get ho-oh first.
Anyway if I start a Badge Quest I already decided to get Bulbasaur since I already have charmander.

Years

Congratulations indeed! What was the final egg count? I hope your next hunt is much faster, and I'd love to see the video! Congrats again :D

Congrats to both of you =D and to anyone I missed

As for myself
My Hunts:
Ho-oh - 2271 SRs
Axew - 25 eggs

Probably am just going to SR Ho-oh all day, maybe hatch a few eggs but I also wanted to start a Leafgreen Badge Quest, but I want to get ho-oh first.
Anyway if I start a Badge Quest I already decided to get Bulbasaur since I already have charmander.

Your Ho-oh hunt is certainly going strong! Hope that golden Phoenix shines for us both soon ;D

My own hunts:

Over 16k total D:

Giratina: 4191
Ho-oh: 7235
Treecko: 524
Kyurem: 4474

EDIT: Finishing tonight at 16,685! Making good headway, but I'd like something before 20,000 (Please?)

EDIT II: Finishing on April 7th at 18,075. Updating like crazy! xD

EDIT III: I thought my luck might possibly be holding out until Easter to give me a specially-dated shiny, but nope. Ending off April 8th (Easter) at 19,265. Looks like we'll go over 20k without a sparkle to be seen! I don't mind too much though. 3 days until this counts for my first 1 month drought haha! if I could get something before the end of my Easter Break that'd be wonderful, though.

EDIT IIII: 19,855.
Haha.
*Insanity invading mind*

Last edited:

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
Years
this is being posted a little late afterwards but while trying to register every pokemon in the Unova dex on pokemon white and a shiny Throh appeared No cheats. I don't have any pictures to prove it sadley. Thats my first shiny since joining the club.:classic:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Zorua, NightOfRemorse!

Congrats on the shiny Litwick, and on winning the race, miloticfan54! That's the highest number I've ever seen for a MM hunt. You deserved to get a shiny.

Congrats on the shiny Throh, Spritingyoshi22!

@GolurkIsDaBomb: I'm fine with the unofficial contest. Just to be safe, you should PM G-Money first the next time you have an idea for a contest.

I decided to skip Horsea, Deino, and Starly, and just hatch Litwick for now. Although, I think I might hatch some Buneary for Easter.

Years
hello while ive been in school waiting for the days of shiny hunting you guys have been busy, congrats on the shiny litwick miotic :)
well any way hers my update:
Ponyta Route 206: 262 REs and still going strong
and now im being sidetracted by another game got Xenoblade Chonicles :P

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Agh! Ran into a shiny voltorb while playing crystal and of course it used self-destruct
Sorry to hear that. Get another one fast!

this is being posted a little late afterwards but while trying to register every pokemon in the Unova dex on pokemon white and a shiny Throh appeared No cheats. I don't have any pictures to prove it sadley. Thats my first shiny since joining the club.:classic:
Congrats!

@GolurkIsDaBomb: I'm fine with the unofficial contest. Just to be safe, you should PM G-Money first the next time you have an idea for a contest.
This guy's been here for 8 years. When he says stuff, you'd better listen. ;)

Giratina: 4191
Ho-oh: 7235
Treecko: 524
Kyurem: 4474

EDIT: Finishing tonight at 16,685! Making good headway, but I'd like something before 20,000 (Please?)

EDIT II: Finishing on April 7th at 18,075. Updating like crazy! xD

EDIT III: I thought my luck might possibly be holding out until Easter to give me a specially-dated shiny, but nope. Ending off April 8th (Easter) at 19,265. Looks like we'll go over 20k without a sparkle to be seen! I don't mind too much though. 3 days until this counts for my first 1 month drought haha! if I could get something before the end of my Easter Break that'd be wonderful, though.

Oh my God that's a lot of resets. Hope you get something soon!

My own hunts:

Pikachu: 3555
Giratina: 389

I really want that dang Pikachu soon so I can SR starters, but oh well.

Good luck everybody!

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Agh! Ran into a shiny voltorb while playing crystal and of course it used self-destruct

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you're able to catch another one soon.

This has been happening way too often lately. :(

This week's random hunt is... Buizel! Sorry for being late again.

I didn't get around to hatching Buneary for Easter. I only hatched some Litwick.

I hope everyone had a good Easter!

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
Hi! I'm new to the forums, and I've started searching for shinies. I've played the Pokemon games a LOT in my life, and have caught many shinies without looking for them. Only now have I started activly searching for them, and so far I haven't found anything. But I thought I'd list the shinies I've found before I started searching for them. Sadly I don't have any photographic proof, as all of those files have been either erased or traded in, so I'm currently at 0 shinies again.

My first Shiny that wasn't the Red Gyarados was a shiny Murkrow in Gold. Caught it in the wild next to Celedon City.

Then I got a Shiny Magby from the Egg in Crystal

After that I don't quite recall the order I found the others in, but I also caught a Shiny Voltorb in "New Mauville" in Sapphire (which I evolved to electrode) I caught a shiny Oddish in the Safari Zone in ruby (which I evolved to Bellosom) I caught a shiny Steelix in Victory Road in Platinum, I caught a shiny Caterpie in HeartGold right at the start of the game (Which was a childhood dream crushing experience when I found out that Shiny Butterfree are not actually pink, and that the show lied to me) I caught a shiny Bannette in Platinum, I caught a shiny Mankey in LeafGreen while EV training, (evolved to primeapre) and I kid you not, about ten battles later I caught a shiny Spearow. It was the most bizarre thing ever.

The only Pokemon games I still have are boxed copies of Ruby and Sapphire. I'm currently hunting a Shiny Chimecho, though I'm not sure if I should look for it in the wild, or just hatch eggs. I'd assume with something with such a low encounter AND catch rate, it'd probably be better to try and get it by egg. What do you think?

Anyways, glad to be here, and I wish all of you luck in your hunts for shinies. : )

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Hi! I'm new to the forums, and I've started searching for shinies. I've played the Pokemon games a LOT in my life, and have caught many shinies without looking for them. Only now have I started activly searching for them, and so far I haven't found anything. But I thought I'd list the shinies I've found before I started searching for them. Sadly I don't have any photographic proof, as all of those files have been either erased or traded in, so I'm currently at 0 shinies again.

My first Shiny that wasn't the Red Gyarados was a shiny Murkrow in Gold. Caught it in the wild next to Celedon City.

After that I don't quite recall the order I found the others in, but I also caught a Shiny Voltorb in "New Mauville" in Sapphire (which I evolved to electrode) I caught a shiny Oddish in the Safari Zone in ruby (which I evolved to Bellosom) I caught a shiny Steelix in Victory Road in Platinum, I caught a shiny Caterpie in HeartGold right at the start of the game (Which was a childhood dream crushing experience when I found out that Shiny Butterfree are not actually pink, and that the show lied to me) I caught a shiny Bannette in Platinum, I caught a shiny Mankey in LeafGreen while EV training, (evolved to primeapre) and I kid you not, about ten battles later I caught a shiny Spearow. It was the most bizarre thing ever.

The only Pokemon games I still have are boxed copies of Ruby and Sapphire. I'm currently hunting a Shiny Chimecho, though I'm not sure if I should look for it in the wild, or just hatch eggs. I'd assume with something with such a low encounter AND catch rate, it'd probably be better to try and get it by egg. What do you think?

Anyways, glad to be here, and I wish all of you luck in your hunts for shinies. : )

Welcome to the insanity!!!

For Chimecho, i'd say hatch it. that thing has an incredibly low encounter rate at Mt. Pyre summit at a whopping 2% (Serebii.net is your friend). You could also try for a Chingling in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.

for your Mankey/Spearow double shiny, ive had that happen to me, once. I had, ironically, found myself a Shiny Spearow, and while looking for a new place to hunt, i got lost and went into Pattern Brush by accident. the FIRST encounter in the Brush was a shiny Heracross (and yes, i was still encountering on my way to the Brush, so that, to me, was just really, really strange and unique)

again, welcome to the obsession!!

it's dead here, isnt it?

HyperKiller

What if..?
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 26, 2023
May i join? ive been a fan of shinies, so far i caught a shiny machop in LG:Victory Road. In Emerald while finding a regular ralts i found a shiny wurmple too, but my brother pressed my shedinja's Cut when i intended to use false swipe.. so that kinda makes 1 catch so far...

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
I decided to restart my save file on Sapphire, and try and get a Shiny Treecko. Shiny Treecko looks pretty dang awesome, and I've never actually finished a playthrough of Sapphire with Treecko before, so having a shiny one would be enough reason to do it. So far I've done 400 soft resets, but I haven't found it yet. Still early days in the hunt.

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016

I decided to restart my save file on Sapphire, and try and get a Shiny Treecko. Shiny Treecko looks pretty dang awesome, and I've never actually finished a playthrough of Sapphire with Treecko before, so having a shiny one would be enough reason to do it. So far I've done 400 soft resets, but I haven't found it yet. Still early days in the hunt.

May i join? ive been a fan of shinies, so far i caught a shiny machop in LG:Victory Road. In Emerald while finding a regular ralts i found a shiny wurmple too, but my brother pressed my shedinja's Cut when i intended to use false swipe.. so that kinda makes 1 catch so far...
Welcome, good luck, and welcome! PekoponTAS, for the record, we don't have
a running dex at the moment, which means we're kinda lax right now on requirements, but shinies lost from restarted save files are definitely okay. MetalMario's working on a website dex thing, but then again MM probably won't log in again for months, soooo you'll be waiting a while.

Welcome to the insanity!!!

For Chimecho, i'd say hatch it. that thing has an incredibly low encounter rate at Mt. Pyre summit at a whopping 2% (Serebii.net is your friend). You could also try for a Chingling in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.

for your Mankey/Spearow double shiny, ive had that happen to me, once. I had, ironically, found myself a Shiny Spearow, and while looking for a new place to hunt, i got lost and went into Pattern Brush by accident. the FIRST encounter in the Brush was a shiny Heracross (and yes, i was still encountering on my way to the Brush, so that, to me, was just really, really strange and unique)

again, welcome to the obsession!!

it's dead here, isnt it?
We thought you died :o

And yes, it's very dead :( Still trying to make the chat more active, which [Hint]can conveniently be found here![/Hint]
But it seems everybody's stopped coming on, and it's been deader than dead lately. :(

I'm at 3748 Pikachu. When I get to 4000 I think I'll pause and move to Kanto 28, since by then I'll have lost all motivation.

Good luck everybody, and see you on the chat! Yeah, right. :/

Last edited:
Back