• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your suggestions for Essentials

KajiVenator

The Flame Huntzman
Years
It was suggested earlier, probably, but I'd really like to see an implementation of Triple Battles in the game, as well as Horde Battles. These are features in the main games and, while one is gimmicky, the other is a very important feature which will probably become a mainstay in the series. Although Triples are gimmicky, I'd really like to see it done because I have an idea for a game which will have all battles be Triple Battles.

Years
I think how smart the AI is should be decided by a"Difficulty Number" for their trainer type rather than how much money they give.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I think how smart the AI is should be decided by a"Difficulty Number" for their trainer type rather than how much money they give.
It already is. It just happens that the number (AI level and money rewarded) are the same for most trainer types.

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
It was suggested earlier, probably, but I'd really like to see an implementation of Triple Battles in the game, as well as Horde Battles. These are features in the main games and, while one is gimmicky, the other is a very important feature which will probably become a mainstay in the series. Although Triples are gimmicky, I'd really like to see it done because I have an idea for a game which will have all battles be Triple Battles.

I honestly don't think it is possible, and if it is then it won't be an easy job at all. The whole battle system would have to be reworked. I know a scripter who said that you would have to redefine so many things that it would basically be a new battle system. Honestly, I don't even think triple battles are worth it. Horde Battle's actually have a unique purpose (EV Training), but triple's are just there. Although I guess it would still be a cool feature to have, I don't consider triple battles at all important. I would say Horde Battle's are more important.

If anything, I would like to see an implementation of Sky Battle's. I think they are a cool idea, and I don't think it would be too hard to script either. All you would need to do is define which pokemon are allowed in Sky Battle's, and which moves are prohibited. Also you would need to make a message for when Metronome/Sleep Talk selects a prohibited move that says "But this move won't work well in a Sky Battle."

Years
Sugesting new features for pokemon essentials

Hello, everybody!

I'm a pokemon fan and i'm making my pokemon fan game too.

I created this thread to sugest new features for pokemon essentials project so we can add more features and to improve more and more.

Note: I'm not a scripter or programer, I only do a few things in this matter, but I can provide some ideas or graphics.

Here I have a few ideas:

Vs seeker system to battle like in pokemon fire red;
New type of weather: Fog;
Pokémon navigator like in pokemon emerald;
Fame checker like in pokemon fire red;
Teaching TV like in pokemon fire red;
That's all for now...

What do you all think?

Years
I only know a few things, but i want to help to improve the pokemon essentials, i can provide graphics if you want, soon i will post here a script based in Unown words here for everyone. Sorry for anything else and for my bad english, i'm portuguese.

Note: If this thread is useless, please delete it. Thanks

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Fix the "Trainers' Pokémon not attacking" bug in Essentials 15. This is serious. Pokémon should use attacks!

I can tell because Kricketune isn't using ANY attacks. Is it because the Level exceeds 10? Is it the moveset? Seriously, I can't have games work like this! At least prove a challenge. Fix the "Opponent not attacking" problem in Essentials v15.

Savordez

It's time to end fangames.
Years
Fix the "Trainers' Pokémon not attacking" bug in Essentials 15. This is serious. Pokémon should use attacks!

I can tell because Kricketune isn't using ANY attacks. Is it because the Level exceeds 10? Is it the moveset? Seriously, I can't have games work like this! At least prove a challenge. Fix the "Opponent not attacking" problem in Essentials v15.

*v14

The culprit should be its moveset. You should check out the bug & error reporting topic, there might be some solutions for you (heck, your complain should belong there). If there aren't, try to figure things out.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
  1. Put the four battle debug commands (Wild Battle/Double Wild Battle/Trainer Battle/Double Trainer Battle) at a submenu like you did with Day Care.
  2. A system for Mega Forms that doesn't use forms, since it's can mess with pokémon that have several forms (no one yet, but think about custom pokémon).
  3. At particle engine, change 'setParameters' method to use a Hash as parameter, since it has too many parameters to handle.
  4. Allow script switches at conditional branch (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8518381#8518381).
  5. A function that allow to put a pokémon in middle of a Regional Pokédex, like the Steelix at a New Kanto Dex, shifting all positions after Onix with +1. Also, make a similar thing for removing a pokémon.
  6. Regional Dex type statistics.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
  1. Put the four battle debug commands (Wild Battle/Double Wild Battle/Trainer Battle/Double Trainer Battle) at a submenu like you did with Day Care.
  2. A system for Mega Forms that doesn't use forms, since it's can mess with pokémon that have several forms (no one yet, but think about custom pokémon).
  3. At particle engine, change 'setParameters' method to use a Hash as parameter, since it has too many parameters to handle.
  4. Allow script switches at conditional branch (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8518381#8518381).
  5. A function that allow to put a pokémon in middle of a Regional Pokédex, like the Steelix at a New Kanto Dex, shifting all positions after Onix with +1. Also, make a similar thing for removing a pokémon.
  6. Regional Dex type statistics.

1. Eh.
  2. The current system doesn't mess up Pokémon with forms. Rather than setting the form to a specific value when it Mega Evolves, just add/subtract some amount from the form number instead. A few tweaks to other scripts would need to be done, but they're easy enough.
  3. If you're fiddling with something like that, surely you can cope with a slew of parameters.
  4. Already have done.
  5. You can already do that in the Regional Dex editor in the External Editor. It's the "insert" and "delete" options.
  6. What do you mean? Like the number of seen/owned Pokémon in each Regional Dex? You can already get that with code like $Trainer.pokedexSeen(0) where 0 is the first Regional Dex. The Pokédex uses this.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
  1. Eh.
  2. The current system doesn't mess up Pokémon with forms. Rather than setting the form to a specific value when it Mega Evolves, just add/subtract some amount from the form number instead. A few tweaks to other scripts would need to be done, but they're easy enough.
  3. If you're fiddling with something like that, surely you can cope with a slew of parameters.
  4. Already have done.
  5. You can already do that in the Regional Dex editor in the External Editor. It's the "insert" and "delete" options.
  6. What do you mean? Like the number of seen/owned Pokémon in each Regional Dex? You can already get that with code like $Trainer.pokedexSeen(0) where 0 is the first Regional Dex. The Pokédex uses this.
  1. Ah.
  2. Ok I guess.
  3. This make a certain confusion, so I need to put labels before each paramether.

Old code:

Code:
    setParameters([0,0,1,20,0,1,-64,
           Graphics.height,-64,Graphics.width,2,2,-5,-13,30,0])

My suggestion:

Code:
    setParameters({
      "randomhue" => 0,
      "leftright" => 0,
      "fade" => 1,
      "maxparticless" => 20,
      "hue" => 0,
      "slowdown" => 1,
      "ytop" => -64,
      "ybottom" => Graphics.height,
      "xleft" => -64,
      "xright" => Graphics.width,
      "xgravity" => 2,
      "ygravity" => 2,
      "xoffset" => -5,
      "yoffset" => -13,
      "opacityvar" => 30,
      "originalopacity" => 0
    })
    It's very more clear, isn't? If you wish, I can do this for you.
  4. Nice!
  5. I can't belive that I didn't notice this!
  6. I mean something for the dev know how many pokémon the dex have for each type. It's a way of balancing the types. Example:
    16 Normal
    15 Water
    12 Grass
    5 Fire
    (in descending order, preferably)

Years
  • I mean something for the dev know how many pokémon the dex have for each type. It's a way of balancing the types. Example:
    16 Normal
    15 Water
    12 Grass
    5 Fire
    (in descending order, preferably)

Couldn't you just use something like this:

Code:
def pbCountSpeciesType(typeID)
  count = 0
  for i in 0...PBSpecies.maxValue
    # get pokemon primary type
    count += 1 if type == typeID
  end
  return count
end

Getting all the type counts at once and ordering them from ascending to descending wouldn't be too hard to implement.

Years
Couldn't you just use something like this:

Code:
def pbCountSpeciesType(typeID)
  count = 0
  for i in 0...PBSpecies.maxValue
    # get pokemon primary type
    count += 1 if type == typeID
  end
  return count
end

Getting all the type counts at once and ordering them from ascending to descending wouldn't be too hard to implement.

Wrote it for fun

Code:
def pbTypeCount
   typecount=[]
    for i in 0..PBTypes.maxValue #for each type
    count=0
        for j in 1..PBSpecies.maxValue
              dexdata=pbOpenDexData
              pbDexDataOffset(dexdata,j,8)
              type1=dexdata.fgetb
              #pbDexDataOffset(dexdata,j,9)
              #type2=dexdata.fgetb
              dexdata.close
              #only checking primary type
              count += 1 if type1 == i #|| type2== i
        end
        typecount[i]=count
      end
      for i in 0...typecount.length
        Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("Type: {1}  Count {2}",PBTypes.getName(i),typecount[i]))
      end
  return typecount
end

This doesn't display in order, but I figure FL can do that if he wants :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2020
It would be nice have a zoom panel for the map connection editor.
The window and the maps inside are too smaller.

Years
Something I thought of that could make for a better AI. Moves and abilities can be revealed to the AI, and it can make decisions based on that. For the abilities, it starts off with a array of the possible abilities each pokemon has, and if something causes them to display a message ({1} is exerting it's pressure!) that ability is revealed, and it can make decisions using that instead of just by the skill level of the opponent. If the ability isn't revealed, it can either pick arbitrarily, or we can hardcode in which ones are generally competitive. Same goes with moves. If you use Ice Beam, the AI won't want to switch into Salamance, but if you don't use that move it won't know you have it and switch Salamance in.

I'll look more into the actual coding of this in a bit, this was just something I thought of.

Years
A fixed version of Pokemon Summary, so that you can scroll move descriptions up/down for move selection and move replacement. Changes highlighted in red

Spoiler:

Years
Hello.
I'm KaiserYoshi of the CSP community (a french community about Pokemon making but also general making)
I propose a suggestion about music part : the "looping" of music (allows to a music to repeat indefinitely)

For guide in this idea, i propose with the autorisation of the author of the script (GiraPrimal)

Spoiler:

and

Spoiler:

I know the huge amount of work for adapt this script but i think that option will be nice to essentials
Regards KaiserYoshi

Back