• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sprite gender issues, male invisible, female visible [4thGen]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Im editing a pokemon diamond rom currently, i am replacing smoochum and jynx (mainly because they interest me the least) with my custom 6th gen sprites, bergmite and avalugg. Everything has been sorted stats/names/description wise however the issue im having is this.

Both male versions of the pokemon ive added display as an invisible sprite with a shadow below it when met in the wild, when caught or attempted to catch; both display a glitched image of the background palette, no sign of the actual image of the pokemon.

However, both the FEMALE versions display perfectly, well as far as i can tell, both in party/pokedex etc etc.

Why is this?? Is something going on that is pulling a different sprite for the male version as opposed to the female version? I know both pokemon ive changed are 100% female, but why would gender effect the display of the sprite, or am i missing something really obvious?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
    Years
  • This better fits the ROM Hacking forum. Pixel Art is a place to showcase your own pixel work and gain feedback on it from the community. Please read the rules. Here's a link to the ROM Hacking forums.

Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back