• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*Unova Only* UK Competition

Phototoxin

Lord of Darkness
Years
There's a local Pokemon competition this summer and I want to enter. I'm currently running an almost nazi like eugenic/breeding program to get my pokes.

Rules:Its essentially 4 pokes and 2 out at a time. Cannot have duplicate pokes and only Unova pokes

Long Rules:
Spoiler:

I'm Planning on the following team. I'm usure about items. We can take 6 and swap them around between games.

Excadrill - Jolly (+A/-SA) EVs: 4HP 252Atk 252Sped
Rock Slide, Earthquake, X-Scissor, Focus Energy

Essentially he can dump rocks, or earthquake with eelektross around.

Eelektross - Modest (+SA/-A) EVs: 252HP, 252SAtk 4 Def
Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Acid Spray, Volt Switch (or hidden power ice but that's even more breeding madness!)

Tough and after using acid spray can lay the smack down on stuff. In addition he synergies with Excadrill. Also enables me to fire off excadrills earthquake then volt switch out if necessary

Zoroark - Modest (+SA/-A) or Timid (+Spd/-A) EVs:252 Sped, 252 SAtk, 4HP
Flamethrower, Dark Pulse, Protect, Focus Blast

She poses as chandelure (who'll hit it with fighting?)Should a fighting type manifest I can switch to actual chandelure or for dark to Conkledurr

Conkeldurr - Adamant(+A/-SA) EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 252HP, 4 Sped
Drain Punch, Mach Punch, Rock Slide, Protect

Heavy hitter and can hit multiple things with rock slide. Protect enables me to block any psychic type moves and switch out to chandelure or zoroark

Chandelure - Modest (+SA/-A) EVs:252 Sped, 252 SAtk, 4HP
Heatwave, Protect, Shadowball, Psychic

to lay the hurt on, heatwave is being bred in and basically the idea is to sweep once any threats have been dealt with

Haxorus - Jolly (+A/-SA) EVs: 252Atk, 252 Sped, 4 HP
Dragon Claw, Outrage, Rock Slide, Brick Break

General anti-dragon (anti-hydrageon) smasher of stuff

Any thoughts as I'm totally new to competitive? My only thoughts are lack of water and ice moves should I be facing Landorus (the legendary trios aren't banned)

My other thought is Hydrageon - it could provide surf, dragon moves, fire moves and it has levitate so teams with excadrill.

I could also use Volcarona as I think its a fast and good pokemon without too many weaknesses. But I'm open to suggestions for any pokemon that might improve the team.

Last edited:

shinx12345

Aquilla
Years
Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Everyone and their nan will be using Haxorous, so make your decision on whether you want more power, and a bigger Haxorous weakness, or whether you want a weaker Pokemon that is very versatile.
As for Zoroark, why didn't you give it night daze, or is that just an event pokemon move?
My thought on it is make a max speed Hydreigon to replace your own Haxorous.
It's up to you though.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Scarf Hydreigon to outspeed Haxorus / Timid Sazandora would be good. Maybe something like this:

Sazandora (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 136 Atk / 252 SAtk / 120 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Dark Pulse
- Surf

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Focus Energy is a waste of a moveslot on Excadrill. Protect or Swords Dance replaces it; the former for protecting against multi-target attacks or the latter for a bigger boost in power.

Phototoxin

Lord of Darkness
Years
That sounds like a plan - Max spd Hydrageon/Sazandora. My only reluctance is that haxorus has rock slide which hits both targets. Also why will everyone be using Haxorus as opposed to Hydrageon?

I could, as suggested replace electross with Hydrageon - he'd be good at going first out and would team with excadrill.

And yes Excadrill should have swords dance (although I am thinking that protect may be better)

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Hydreigon is better then Haxorus, since it has a higher Base Speed (by one point) I just put Scarf on it since it can out speed other Hydreigons and basically outspeed the metagame (barring other Scarf users)

I also sudgest Imprison + Trick Room Shandera, to block Trick Room users, because TR is a nail in the coffin for your team.

Phototoxin

Lord of Darkness
Years
That would mean throwing out Chandelure first against trick room teams + imprisoning. That leaves me with heat wave and shadowball?

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Fire + Ghost coverage is good enough, it is only resisted by Hydreigon (Gen V Only Wise)

Phototoxin

Lord of Darkness
Years
That is true and a good point. Online I was against a trick-roomer. I managed to hold out until it faded and then KOed his porygon (as online its all gens not just gen V!)

Years
RE: Pokemon Team

Hiya,

It looks as though you've got a good team. I'm assuming your going to the Southampton qualifier on 16th July?

Would be good to see you in the national finals :)

Back