• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The meaning of Ai no Uta

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
  • Anypony recognize that popular, cute Japanese song from Pikmin? (Or more specifically, the Pikmin commercials) I decided to look up the translation to find out what this cute song actually means, and was I surprised:

Pulled out again, we'll follow you alone.
    Today once again we'll carry, fight, multiply and be consumed.
    Left alone again, we'll meet again and be thrown around again.
    But we'll follow you forever.

I guess it's time to play.
    Maybe we'll go out quietly.
    Ah..., ah... falling in love...
    Under that sky...

On this planet, where so many life forms live,
    Today once again we'll carry, fight, multiply and then be consumed.
    Uprooted, we'll gather, and be thrown.
    But we won't ask you to love us.

I guess it's time to play.
    Maybe we'll try harder.
    Ah..., ah... falling in love...
    Under that sky...

We'll work together, fight, and be consumed,
    But we'll follow you forever.
    We'll fight, be silent, and follow you,
    But we won't ask you to love us.

I didn't realize that it was so sad...T_T

Does this make anyone else treat Pikmin with more love and care like I have?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Might not have anything to do with the song, but if you play Pikmin without worrying about losing one of your Pikmin you're a very sadistic person, and you're awful. :(

Can't wait for Pikmin 3.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Well, the title means Love Song... and the lyrics are a pretty accurate summary of what playing the game is like... it's actually a really depressing game if you think about it too hard. lol

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    My sister and I tend to always do playthroughs while trying not to lose a single Pikmin because it's just so depressing when you do. :(

The song itself is so cute but depressing at the same time because it makes you realize just how much the Pikmin are willing to do for you.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    That's the thing about Pikmin though. The stress at the though of losing your Pikmin and how you end up playing slowly, strategically and carefully because of that is what makes Pikmin...well, Pikmin. If you don't get stressed from that then I can't imagine the games being as enjoyable. Pikmin 1 especially added to the stress with the time limit, which was great.

Screw that Pikmin Lost counter at the results though. Just as you finish a level while thinking you didn't lose a single one, you end up finding out one died, and all you could do is scream NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO because it's already too late to restart.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I think that's in part why it was so popular in Japan (besides the fact Pikmin as a game was also popular there); it summed up the game well and plays into the 'lose one, gone forever' deal.

Back