• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oh, you gotta be freaking kidding me!

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
  • Ugh.

I got my copy of Call of Duty Ghosts the day it came out. And since day freaking one, randomly, and only during non campaign stuff, the xbox menu would pop up saying the disc was unreadable.

I'd gotten a bad burn of the game.

I had to install the game on my xbox in order to play, it hasn't done that since, but that was really really annoying.

Things like this ever happen to you? Hardware issues that you had to find a way around?

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    No, not yet on my new Xbox. I've been lucky with things like this, normally it doesn't happen to me. If it does, normally I know the problem and can get things fixed quickly. for example, my Wii makes a really loud buzzing noise. I know that it's the disc drive acting up. If it starts not reading games, then I can just send it into Nintendo.

Years
  • It's happened to me with a number of used PS2 games (including THREE copies of the original God of War), although to be frank I should've seen it coming as I got them for a few bucks apiece.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
  • Sometimes, my 3DS tells me that there's "no game card inserted" even though I have one in the game slot. I generally shut my system off, take the game out, and firmly re-insert it. It always works. My guess is that the connectors on my system may not connect to the game card's connectors sometimes, even when I press it in until the device clicks. Otherwise, I've never had major issues with gaming hardware.

Back