• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen RNG Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psiiionic

RNG please ^-^
Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2017
    Hey I hope this is the right part of the forum I am posting in. I have successfully checked my DS parameters as well I have also captured two stationery Pokes using the Standard method on RNG reporter. I did have trouble getting the nature even with a synchronizer and I ended up using a different seed to get the legend with a Jolly nature. As for wild Pokes in Victory Road I am trying to capture a Fraxure but when I save and then input the seed followed by sweet scent all I keep getting is Vullaby. If I capture this Vullaby it has all the Ivs but it is not the right Poke. I tried saving again and it is not helping, any suggestions please.

PS. I'm a Newbie at RNG.

No help :( I feel like crying now.

Last edited:

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
  • Good day Psiiionic. It seems that you have hit the correct IVRNG but not the correct PIDRNG. There may be some wandering NPC's around that mess up your frames. What you should do is capture a Chatot and record a Chatter (will be explained later; two Chatots will be the best).

First, try to locate the exact frame of your PIDRNG through verifying it in RNGReporter's main page.

Method is Gen 5 PIDRNG
    Encounter Type is Wild Pokemon
    Choose the nature you are using for Synchronize (if you are using one)
    Input seed in Seed (Hex) window/label/option then click Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame

Suppose that you have used Sweet Scent immediately right after loading the game, capture the Vullaby and take note of its Nature, Gender, Ability and Encounter Slot. After that, verify the PIDRNG frame using the said parameters through RNG Reporter.
    Suppose that you have your WANTED frame at 60 (meaning you that you will capture your Fraxure at this frame with the correct nature, ability, or even gender), but the frame that you landed in was 55 (where you captured a Vullaby), you should restart the process of loading up your game and immediately do 5 Chatot calls.

Chatot calls are the recorded Chatters and you hear the call by viewing the status of Chatot. It doesn't matter how long or short you view your Chatot, as long as you view its status page. So to sum up, 1 Chatot View/Call advances your PIDRNG frame by 1. The formula is

Number of Chatot Views = (Wanted/Target Frame Number) - (Initial/Starting Frame Number)

For an advanced and more helpful use of RNG Reporter, you can actually try to listen to the pitch of your Chatot calls. It is displayed as High, Mid-High, Mid, Mid-Low and Low. With the trained ear, you can use this to your advantage and make RNG Abuse more easy.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yeah this isn't really the right forum, however, I see you've already received help regarding this so I'll close it. If you still want help or if that explanation confuses you, I'm sure Musica wouldn't mind if you sent him them a message - or ask in the Trade Corner DCC, which you were the last poster in. If you have any future questions about Black and White gameplay, though, Quick Questions would be the appropriate thread for that!
    EkvQs.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back