• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Show ya moves!(Favorite move animation)

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
  • With the 3DS and X & Y, moves have become more lively and some even start to make sense(IDK how Gen 5 Wring Out looks like what it's suppose to -_-) and some look very epic. Anyway, What's your favorite move animation?

I love Phantom Force's animation. I love how the Pokemon simply disappears the reappears behind it's opponent to ambush. I also love Hyper Beam's animation and also to how it sounds.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Best move animation in the game has to be Retaliate, in fact Marriland even acknowledged that after a Sawk used Retaliate on his Pokemon he said he wanted to teach a Pokemon the move solely because of the animation. Really funny, but yeah the animation is a huge step up to what it was in 5th Generation.

Also, Brave Bird. It got way cooler in this game. So did Flash Cannon and Dragon Pulse.

Energy Ball gets a mention as well, the sound effect accompanying it is even better than in the last two generations.

Years
  • to me the funniest animation would have to be gyro ball on steelix. also Oblivion Wing is just awesome in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2014
    Dragon pulse or Hyper beam for sure.

Dragon pulse alone looks overpowered .... even if in certain cases its not.

Crady

It ain't even bright in here
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2016
    Explosion beats everything.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I kind of like Grass Knot. The whip sound is amusing.

"I don't think so, opponent!" *cracks grass whip* "Take that!"

kirbasaur

Human-Ivasaur hybrid
    Years
  • i have not seen many because i have neglected to get x or y yet but i have seen some and so far oblivion wing is my favorite

Somma

The PokéGambler
    Years
  • Retaliate is my favorite. That samurai feel is just epic~ And Subtitute. When my friend first used it against me, I couldnt help but laugh so hard at the giant version of the usual dino doll used xDD Too cute~ But Hawlucha's Flying Press animation just takes the cake.... xDDD TOO FUNNY

Frokage

The legendary curse
    Years
  • Retaliate - Reminds me of Kill Bill for some reason, and I really love that. Haha

Dragon Pulse - Especially from Hydreigon. This thing looks so, so, so BEAST!

Fissure - YOUR OPPONENT EVEN FALLS THROUGH THE GIANT GAPS IN THE FLOOR! THAT'S AWESOME!

Eheheh, sorry for the caps on the last one, but yeah, those are definitely my top three of favourite move animations in no specific order. ^^

Years
  • And Subtitute. When my friend first used it against me, I couldnt help but laugh so hard at the giant version of the usual dino doll used xDD

I had a feeling they were going to make the Substitute doll appear big in X/Y since they did that in the 3D console games like Battle Revolution, although I have yet to see it being used in X/Y. It's funny that I once thought the doll was going to be small again like in the pre-3DS era games.

Also, Venoshock's new animation is really epic. Way cooler than its old animation imo. I love how Earthquake now actually shows the rocky ground shaking, Bulldoze even has a similar animation.

Last edited:

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    Thunder is one of my favorites. I also like Gyro Ball because it looks so stupid on Pokemon like Steelix.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
    Years
  • I really like Power Whip, Retaliate, Calm Mind, Flash Cannon, and Gyro Ball.

The silhouette thing with Power Whip looks really cool, especially against that fresh green background.

Retaliate, as mentioned earlier in the thread, looks awesome with that samurai effect.

Calm Mind is very serene-looking, and perfectly captures what I imagine the attack to be like.

Something about Flash Cannon just looks really cool. I don't know, the thin beam of gathered light just looks cool to me.

And Gyro Ball is silly! I love the spinning, haha! I guess I can say the same for Whirlpool and Sand Tomb, though I don't think the spinning was as fast as Gyro Ball.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • Seismic Toss and Draco Meteor are awesome. I freaked out when I saw my Pokémon get thrown over the Earth ahah.
    Brave Bird is sick too. It's so intense to watch your Poke fly at super speed to annihilate the opposition.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2018
    I'm still not very far into either my X or Y version (5th gym in Y) but Calm Mind and Lava Plume stand out to me so far. Some of the move animations look a little "rough around the edges", though - namely ones like Agility.

Back