• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] The Evolution of a Scyther

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
Years
  • My entry for both Scyther and Scizor for the Writer's Dex. Since I've been wanting to submit a fanfic of decent length, this was the perfect project for a little warm-up.

The Evolution of a Scyther

I don't need this stupid thing. Iron Jacket, or whatever it was called, I couldn't care less. My trainer gave it to me to power up my steel-type moves, but my Steel Wing technique is strong enough. As for my other attacks, there's nothing to worry about. My Quick Attack strikes faster than an Arcanine's Extremespeed, and my X-Scissor packs more punch than Metagross's Meteor Mash. You could say I take some damage from rock-type attacks, but my Steel Wing will crush any chance of that happening.

One might argue that my trainer's main Pokemon would be his Typhlosion, and you could be right on that one. But consider Typhlosion more of a poster-boy than anything else. When my trainer really needs to win a battle that Typhlosion can't handle, I'm pick number one!

Wait, what's this? Is my trainer trading me away? What a fool! What could he do without me – now what's happening? My body is glowing a pure-white! I can't even look at the scythes on my arms without being blinded. But wait – they're changing shape! They're becoming round, now. And the light... the light is fading. Whoa, don't even tell me I'm red.

It's true. I'm totally red now. My scythes have vanished and were replaced with these heavy, iron claws. Although, I feel like they could really do some damage if they landed a hit. Speaking of heavy, my entire body feels weighted down with this armor I'm wearing. My wings flap almost invisibly fast, but I can't get into the air anymore. Hey look, the other trainer is trading me back. Was this the point of trading me away? To change what I look like? I've seen my trainer's other Pokemon evolve, perhaps that's what happened. Of course, it makes sense now. I'm a Scizor, not a Scyther anymore. I'm even more powerful than I was before, although at the cost of my speed. I don't mind, though. Typhlosion is the fast Pokemon of the team, but a glass cannon. If my trainer wants a Pokemon to tank hits, I'm the Pokemon he needs.

Say, what happened to that Metal Coat I was holding onto a minute ago..?​

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Nice little piece! The thoughts of a pokémon being evolved through trading and an item. I'd imagine the pokémon feels more than just a light when evolving. I mean, their whole body is changing appearance and their powers are changing. But we all have our different ideas and theories on that.

I have nothing negative to comment on, haha, so sorry if I'm not giving constructive critique here ;) You've got a good handle on the English language, hm, I should check out if you've written something more on here.

Years
  • I thoroughly enjoyed this, Scyther has often been one of my favourite pokemon, and evolving it to scizor left me strangely unfulfilled.
    What I liked in particular is the range of emotions displayed, providing a deeper insight into the feelings of all Pokemon who are traded for evolution.
    Also the length of the piece fits perfectly for what it was written for

Lowstah.

Back