• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I like Eelektross [NU RMT]

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    GEN 5 NU RMT

Recently I decided "OU still sucks so let's get back into battling by playing NU"! And that is what I have been doing! n_n This team is pretty much 5/6 from what I had in May or so, and while originally the purpose was an offensive team, now it turned into... stall sort of? It's centred around getting SR up, then stopping opponents from setting up and sweeping (through clear smog/taunt/roar/dragon tail), and then through dragon tail and roar, to build up residual damage to the opponents. I've won most of the matches I've played with it but I keep noticing a few issues I seem to not be able to get over (which are usually bulky opposing Pokemon) and I figured WHY NOT POST? because I really like this team but there's some things I'm having issues with that I want to overcome so I can be champion and all dat! Definitely my main issues are probably Regigigas, Haunter, Amonguss, Cinccino can present an issue occasionally, Alomomola a bit, Skuntank kinda, Misdreavus, and PSYCHIC TYPES. Opposing teams with any of the first three especially I tend not to win against. With that, time to see my team, ya?
    Zz312.png

Camerupt (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Solid Rock
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earth Power
    - Fire Blast
    - Roar

Camerupt I usually don't send out first, because most teams tend to have a water or ground type that'll just spoil Camerupt for later. Its purpose is to set up SR for me, Roar away opponents and then be useful towards the end of the game. tbh the thing that seems to kill it most is switching into SR, or the fact that Fire Blast runs out of PP. However, I don't think I really need a spinner because hazards only affect 2/6, and one can heal its damage straight off, anyway. Either way, mostly used against electric types, Amoonguss and just whatever else it faces. Kinda considering replacing it because Amoonguss has been presenting me issues and Fire Blast is unreliable, but the ground typing is useful, and Eelektross usually dies early on so if I were replacing I'd rather have something fire/ground in two other Pokemon.
    FgKXa.png

Amoonguss (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 Def / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
    Bold Nature
    - Spore
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Giga Drain
    - Clear Smog

Amoonguss is definitely useful! It's pretty much one of my last few Pokemon left, thanks to Regenerator, and Sludge Bomb/Spore has so many uses. Giga Drain I rarely find myself using tbh so I'd be more open to replacing that with something else that may be of use to me. Clear Smog is useful and I'd rather keep it because stopping things that set up is great (plus Eelektross dies early, and Camerupt can't be relied on to Roar away stuff because usually they're strong physical attackers). Things that give it issues? Gardevoir can be annoying, I haven't faced that many fire types or ice types, so it's usually psychic that's causing me the issue, which is why I brought in Murkrow. Fun thing is it barely ever dies, which is useful for me and not so useful when I'm playing others and it's in basically every team. Also, while it can't do anything to Amoonguss, even worse is it can't really do anything to Haunter - nothing in the team really can! Unless I predict it (which I usually don't) then from then on I can't do much at ALL to it. But yeah, sub disable really hurts.
    efrv9.png

Eelektross (F) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SDef
    Impish Nature
    - Dragon Tail
    - Coil
    - Drain Punch
    - Wild Charge

I love Eelektross so much. It's the main thing I don't really want to replace. I send it out early and either Coil or Drain Punch (though Coil more often because I don't think anything is OHKO'd by Drain Punch lool). Dragon Tail is to get rid of Golurk and things like that, which it can't do anything to, and Golurk can't do that much to it because it usually heals up next turn with Drain Punch. Wild Charge is used rarely, but sometimes it comes in handy against flying/water types that aren't expecting it to use it (idk why???). Lum berry is because Miltank and Amoonguss (yeah Amoonguss presents an issue for even THIS) either Spore or Body Slam and I want to set up. If allowed to set up in the right conditions I can usually take out 2-3 Pokemon generally. I was considering maybe going mixed and Flamethrower over Wild Charge but I'm not sure how useful that would be overall especially when I have nothing else to help me with flying types other than Toxic stalling them with Alomomola. I'd also rather have the specific EVs for both stats rather than HP because I'm not using Substitute and most of the fun in this is that it's very defensive? n_n OH but one flaw, this is my only fighting attack on a Pokemon and things like Regigigas oh my GOD are annoying. I replaced my other fighting type before because psychic types were creating an issue for me with two weak to it, but now Gothitelle is BL that gets one out of the way but there's still a whole lot more I have to deal with SIGH.
    p9iE4.png

Alomomola (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Scald
    - Toxic

I love Alomomola so much. It's basically always my last one left and it's SO USEFUL. Physical attackers just get stalled out and special attackers get to be switched to Hypno (lucky them, right?!). But yeah, generally with this guy I tend to just Toxic stall out the opponents, or if they're steel then aim for a burn. Generally if there's no steels, electric types or Amoonguss, then Alomomola does amazing (and tends to take out opposing Pokemon the most after Eelektross, tbh). Kinda don't want to replace it because it's been so useful to me and idk what else could be equally as useful as this.
    cpMYT.png

Murkrow @ Eviolite
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
    Careful Nature
    - Brave Bird
    - Sucker Punch
    - Roost
    - Taunt

Yeah this is kinda useless. In the last few matches I've been toying around with the idea of different Pokemon to fit my issues (psychic/ghost) and then in the shower last night I thought MURKROW ! But the only issue is Haunter ain't going to be taunted, stay in and then attack (so Sucker Punch is rendered useless). On the other side, too, Amoonguss won't stay in to be hit by Brave Bird. So while this is meant to solve all my issues ever, it isn't really. tbh I tried Golurk and it didn't really do much for me, or maybe I was using it wrong, Skuntank didn't do much either and I saw comments on the main PS server about Absol moving up so then I'm like "while Absol is amazing I'd... rather not get used to something I'd have to lose soon :(". Unless ofc those comments were unsubstantiated but I feel they aren't. So yeah, this is basically the "LET'S COVER MY ISSUES" spot and it tends to work out terribly, lmao.
    pRqlS.png

Hypno @ Leftovers
    Trait: Insomnia
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature
    - Shadow Ball
    - Calm Mind
    - Psychic
    - Thunder Wave

Hypno is nice, kinda. I wish it had Regenerator though, but it is useful against switching into Amoonguss. It does well in general but the issue is dark types and most teams tend to have dark types which means Hypno can't perform as well as I'd want it to. Generally I just t-wave on the predicted switch then switch out myself, which isn't really that much use. It works against the annoying psychic types, yeah, but that's all it can really manage to do (and be good at helping with sdef). In that spot before I tried Articuno but I felt the SR weakness got too annoying to really be of much use to me and I didn't really want to use a spinner. If replacing that I'd like something specially defensive that may help me out against those things that mostly provide me with issues, but isn't part flying, lol :( Dunno it can't really switch into that much either so it isn't the greatest ever.

SUMMARY/THREATS CLARIFIED
    To summarise, definitely want to keep Eelektross/Alomomola as they are, fine with readjusting Amoonguss, fine with replacing the other three if needed. Threats are usually psychic types, Regigigas, Haunter, Amonguss, Cinccino, Alomomola, Skuntank, Misdreavus and... that's generally most tbh. Kinda considering replacing Murkrow with a ghost type but that doesn't really help out that much against Haunter and Amoonguss, idk. On the positive side though, overall other than those few issues I seem to do well against most other teams so it isn't all negative! Anyway, share your thoughts go. :3

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Wouldn't it be a better idea to max out Amoonguss' HP and Defense and put the remaining into Special Defense? That's just not a good way to utilize bulky EVs, IMO, unless the Pokemon's defenses are way lower than the HP.

Eelektross is better off with a Careful nature with 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SDef because Coil will already take care of its Attack and Defense.

Hypno's kinda...outclassed by loads of stuff because of its lackluster offenses. Musharna can do the same thing Hypno can, only better:
    -Calm Mind
    -Psychic/Stored Power
    -Moonlight
    -Heal Bell/Signal Beam/Hidden Power (Fighting)
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 240 HP/252 Def/16 Spe
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Synchronize

or
    -Psychic
    -Signal Beam
    -Hidden Power (Ground)/Trick Room
    -Moonlight
    Nature: Modest/Quiet
    EVs: 252 HP/252 SAtk/4 SDef
    Item: Life Orb

or
    -Psychic
    -Signal Beam
    -Hidden Power (Ground)
    -Trick/Sleep Talk
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 252 HP/252 SAtk/4 Spe
    Item: Choice Specs

or
    -Psychic
    -Moonlight
    -Thunder Wave/Baton Pass
    -Heal Bell/Baton Pass
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 240 HP/252 Def/16 Spe
    Item: Leftovers

While Scald can spread burns around, Alomomola won't be doing too much damage with it because of its bad Special Attack. Generally, Waterfall is the better option; you already have Toxic for a status move.

Since you said that Murkrow is dead weight here, Skuntank is a better option over it as a Psychic/Ghost trapper because of its better defensive typing:
    -Pursuit
    -Sucker Punch
    -Taunt
    -Crunch/Poison Jab
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk/220 SDef/36 Spe
    Item: Leftovers/Dread Plate/BlackGlasses
    Ability: Stench/Aftermath

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Okay I changed up those smaller things you said, but as for replacing Pokemon, I swapped Camerupt for Probopass, I tried Skuntank for a little while just then and honestly it didn't really help me that much, and Musharna was way too slow for my liking. After battling a bit I put Emboar > Skuntank/Murkrow, and Gardevoir > Musharna because it was slow and Gardevoir generally is fast. With four slower/defensive Pokemon, that can help out Emboar and Gardevoir, both scarved, take out the opponents easier (so around 5 or so battles with this and have won pretty comfortably). Oh and I kept Scald on Alomomola because that's come in handy so often and I pretty much never want to attack with that Pokemon, lol. Something still feels out of place, though.

Sets V
    Emboar (F) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Blaze
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Flare Blitz
    - Superpower
    - Wild Charge

Probopass @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
    Calm Nature
    - Volt Switch
    - Stealth Rock
    - Thunder Wave
    - Earth Power

Gardevoir @ Leftovers
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
    Bold Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Wish
    - Psychic
    - Shadow Ball

edit: I swapped the Gardevoir set to the defensive one, and tbh I have only lost one battle since (only lost due to hax critting and poisoning at 2% which'd otherwise have lived and I'd have easily swept). Ursaring has been presenting a bit of an issue since then, though! Golurk can be an issue but Alomomola seems to handle it.

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    hlo nica,

only rating because you asked! firstly, don't use defensive cm gardevoir - that's honestly misusing it, imo. it's not going to be taking any physical abuse well (sawk still 2HKOes it with close combat after SR, among many other things) and it's generally not as useful in the long run because gardevoir can't simply sit there and boost up while people try to break it down. if you want to use a set like that, you should be using musharna, but you already said you don't want to. use subcm offensive gardevoir (4 hp / 252 spa / 252 spe) instead with signal beam > shadow ball. signal beam lets you hit both dark and psychic-types for super-effective damage although it does leave you with nothing for steel-types.

i actually really really dislike coil eelektross but if it's working for you, then that's fine. i wouldn't say that you're weak to regigigas (because regigigas is garbage) but instead shoot the underlying issue: bulky substitute users. they set up on alomomoongus and probopass and emboar locked into the wrong move and then just go to town on the rest of your team. it's something that's next to impossible to fix without replacing half of your team, but be wary.

amoonguss's ev spread should be 252 hp / 252 def. there's very little reason for it to invest in spD when you're still 2hkoed by stuff like gorebyss ice beam without the hp investment. don't use clear smog; amoong is a very poor user of it because it's so slow, and everything can hit it with a boosted attack before it gets the chance to haze away the boosts. i'd use stun spore or synthesis instead, depending on your preference. you could even use hp ice if you wanted.

not sure why you didn't use skuntank (although i wouldn't use that ev spread), especially if you're having trouble with psychic-types. instead you added another pokemon that has difficulty with psychic-types, which is somewhat mind-boggling for me, but okie dokie then. i'd like you to give skuntank another go with a spread of 20 hp / 252 atk / 232 spe @ adamant and pjab > crunch. it's easily the best way to deal with psychic-types in the tier, and actually somewhat reliably deals with haunter, cinccino, misdreavus, and opposing amoonguss with taunt + sucker punch + pursuit. also, always use leftovers on it. to help against amoonguss, you can replace dragon tail on eel with substitute - amoong will never break your sub with a 252 hp / 252 spD careful spread, and you can boost up to your heart's content. you are walled by golurk though, but that can be killed with skuntank.

Back