• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Study says SUVs not safer

Years
  • SUVs have a higher center of gravity, which means that they have a great chance of tilting and falling. And they're expensive, product, maintaining, and gas-wise. No sense calling them safe... D:

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Roll over rates make them safer, there's a higher chance of living through a crash in one than a normal car.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • They are safer. Let me put it this way.

A normal size SUV going down the road gets hit by a Cadillac running a red light.
    A small 2 door Geo going down the road gets hit by a Cadillac running a red light.
    Which do you think is safer? Would you like to be in the small Geo, or the SUV?

Sure they got a larger chance to roll over, but so do Mini-Vans.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I don't think the article is implying that they're not safer, but that they're not as drastically safer by comparison.

Guest123_x1

Study says SUVs not safer

Which do you think is safer? Would you like to be in the small Geo, or the SUV?
    Whatever. Like I could afford to spend $100 daily at the gas pumps for something that only gets 15 miles per gallon or less on the highway, runs on all four wheels with no capability to switch to 2WD mode (usually RWD). I know about someone who bought a AWD SUV and is afraid to drive it because it slips to the side. So much for better handling. I'd just get 2WD if I could or have the option to switch between 2 and 4WD, (not forced full-time 4WD). or even just full time rear wheel drive.

WidowMaker

Horizons
    Years
  • One thing I dont get is why it seems almost every Texan buys an SUV. I think its kinda dumb (No offence to Texans). You've seen the consiquences.

Shiny Meganium

Meganium trainer
    Years
  • Many people buy them now because they're 'cool', like the Hummers and Rangies. I think they are environmental disasters but they are much safer for the driver and passengers. But nobody thinks of the pedestrian's safety as usual. People have a greater chance of surviving when they git hit by, let's say a VW Golf, than a big, mean Range Rover.

WidowMaker

Horizons
    Years
  • If you mean a "Land Rover" then your right. A Range Rover is a Land Rover but its much smaller. My dad drives a Range Rover and it gets like 46 miles to the galan and its very safe.

Back