• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Movie Since You've Been Alive?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
  • What movie do you personally think is the best since you have been alive? And what movie do you think the general populous has regarded as the best since that time?

What movie do you personally think is the best since you have been alive?
    I would have to go with Forrest Gump. I liked how Robert Zemeckis depicted the events of America from the 50s to present through the eyes of Forrest, it was quite a unique perspective. Not only that but the character of Forrest Gump is one of the most interesting characters I have ever seen in Cinema, and Tom Hanks does a great job in portraying him. After this I'd say The Departed and Lord of the Rings Return of the King.

And what movie do you think the general populous has regarded as the best since that time?
    I can remember back to 1998 when Titanic getting major hype and rightfully so. I think James Cameron did a hell of a job with that movie. I also remember not too long ago The Dark Knight was getting crazy hype, especially after Heath Ledger died, great movie, but Maggie Gyllenhaal I'll pass. I have been hearing Inception is a really good movie even though I have yet to see it. I am sure it's great cause Leo is one hell of an actor. I know HP, Starwars, LOTR have a huge fanbase and attracted a lot of others but too me those series weren't the best too me or I think to the general public. Maybe if it was New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi that may be different xD.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • More topics like this, please! :D

Personally, I think the best film to have been made while I've been alive is Adaptation. I actually watched it a few nights ago and was amazed by pretty much everything in it: the performances - a reigned-in Nick Cage, a career-best Meryl Streep and an unrecognisable Chris Cooper - the script, the direction, the cinematography. It's just a brilliant piece of art all around and improves upon each watch.

As for popular opinion, probs something like Shawshank or Dark Knight. They're the few films that seem to have real cross-over appeal with the masses (as well as the IMDb Top 250).

Houndour2005

Banned
    Years
  • Haunting in Connecticut

2009 horror movie based upon true events.

Ice Age 3

The best of all Ice Age movies and best movie of 2009.

South Park Bigger, Longer & Uncut

One of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

liza2010

Online Games
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    Mine best movie seen from "Tokyo Drift", when they drift the car on the road...

Pym

atomic!
    Years
  • What movie do you personally think is the best since you have been alive?

it's really a tie between iron man (the first one) and the dark knight. both of which are fantastic movies of this decade. i really hope that a lot of people see how great they are, and appreciate them the way i do. they really do deserve it.

And what movie do you think the general populous has regarded as the best since that time?

either titanic or the toy story series. they both are extremely good movies, and deserve the love and respect that they get.

- // Pym​

Back