• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon X&Y App

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2013
    Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum, so hopefully I'm not breaking any rules here (I did look at the rules beforehand to check). Basically, I'm an iOS and Android app developer who's interested in making a Pokemon X&Y guide app, but I wanted to get some feedback from you guys about what you'd actually want from an app like this.

I've actually already made a guide app for Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and by getting the AC community involved and getting suggestions and feedback from them, it really helped to make a decent app. Since I'm also a huge fan of Pokemon, I'd like to try and do the same thing for X&Y.

Preferably I'd like to make the app act as a replacement for the official guidebook, I'd try and provide most of the important information but put it into an easy to use way. Things like a list of all of the Pokemon and their attacks, what they evolve into etc. There could be a list of gym leaders, with the app providing advice on how to beat them, etc. You get the point.

The more feedback I get on this better, so it'd be great to hear from you guys before I start it :)

Thanks!
    Jake

The Local Joke

Trubbish in the Classroom
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    A really thorough walkthrough basically, maybe with a database of Pokemon builds (like Smogon, but for a playthrough rather than online)? I'd dig that app.

ShiningLust

Gym Leader of Ground Oden
    Years
  • what I would like out of a app like that easy to use make more less like a pokedex and and have it show u what u need to do to find serten item or pokemon or what u need to do to get to a serten place and my main about a app I want is it has to be FREE!!!! LOL. but that's it lol

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • I'm just wondering how do you design you apps? As a android user I've enjoyed the ease of the Holo design. I would like the ease of a slid out to switch between a walkthrough, pokedex, Maybe keep a friends list, a badge checklist, also being able to checklist your pokedex. And hopefully be able to set reminders for events.
    I don't know I would just like a nice easy, in depth app that I can ease through and hopefully use often.

~Found your Animal crossing app, looks great, love what you did.

Moist

other in a month When you,
    Years
  • A pokedex with a feature to mark off pokemon you've caught, a badge list and you can mark off your badges that you have, maybe a guide for each gym leader/Elite 4 member/champion/Special trainer?

Back