• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Colosseum (for GBA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Best hacks ever? Sorry to disappoint you, but this is my first hack ever, it may be a good idea, but expectations need to be tempered a little XD .

@Varion: How would you propose having a field map anyways? Right now towns are connected by routes as is standard.

Couldn't you manipulate the Fly routine so that it's usable without a HM and accessibly by leaving one of the cities? That's my idea, good luck with actually implementing it. xD

It's not the first Colosseum remake I've seen, but props for having a go at it for your first hack. :) As mentioned, the maps nee d to be improved a little so I'd recommend reading up on some tutorials and looking at pre-existing maps. Best of luck to you! :D

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
I had recently looked at that when people said my maps sucked, didn't realize that was yours. Its great so far, if I have any questions can I give you a shout? Thanks for both the links!

No problem and yes if you need any help just send me a PM and I'll be glad to help.

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
Years
Great idea! Will definately play if you make some progress. Looking forward to watching the progression of your creation!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 7, 2014
Welcome to the team, Spice_Orange and Turtles! Can't wait for whats to come.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Work on the maps is reqired! Good Idea and story! and the hiker in pokemon centre screenshots looks like he is eating the table! Mapping is Terrible! Good Game

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 7, 2014
I have improved the mapping a lot. Will get new screen shots probably by Wednesday.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
I think you can never finish this hack. It's too hard to make this hack. Because the Shadow Pokémon, the 3D style in GBA style... But i wish you good luck, and when a bèta version is released, i will play it.

Sorry for my bad english

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 7, 2014
Updated the screenshots again. Shadow starters are up, and new Phenac city screenies as well. Having a friend work on the catching other trainers pokemon, so we can actually nab ourselves a starter. Over Christmas holiday I will be working tirelessly on the game, expect a new city completed as well as a lot of the game mechanics done as well.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
The mapping (like Phenac City) still isn't quite up to par, but you're showing progress. The shadow starters seem kinda iffy (they're just the regular Pokemon with a blue-ish outline :/) but I'm sure the hack will improve as time goes by.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 7, 2014
Which would you all prefer for the shadow starters.
This
FAFd9bL.png

Or This
jehaSfg.png

~Shy

Excuse my grammar I'm Filipino
Years
I think the second look better but I don't like the shadow color try change it to dark~ish purple

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
This
FAFd9bL.png

Or This
jehaSfg.png

The shadow itself doesn't blend with the Pokemon :/ It looks awful, tbh.
I suggest you change the color and texture of the Pokemon too. So it
would blend somehow. Because light color to a dark color is a no go.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
This
FAFd9bL.png

Or This
jehaSfg.png

Tbh you should try to recolor Pokemon into their shadow forms instead of a dark outline. Gamer2020 has a good version of what I mean in his signature with a shadow Makuhita.

Years
Morning,

I'm trying to start hacking too and I like the idea. Got Colosseum in my house and the needs for gba-hacking (advance-map, advancetext). I'd like to help, though I'm not the perfect partner either (short on time as well, litle experience, pretty old experience as well). I was just wondering if you're gonna add a park as well to catch or train other pokemon, or just snatching pokemon and training them in collosea? Looking forward to hear from you more! :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 7, 2014
Will be adding pokespots at the end of the game like in XD:Gale of Darkness. The primary catching will be in snagging, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back