• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen E.V. Training help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2013
    Hi everybody, I've never ev trained any of my pokemon ever. But I think I'm grasping the idea, isn't it when you defeat a certain pokemon that pokemon gives off an E.V. point which ups a certain stat.

I'm thinking of E.V. training my Excadrill in attack, what pokemon should I kill to up his attack stats? And are there other factors I am unaware of? Help!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The ideal place to EV train for Attack is Floccesy Ranch; there's a 40% chance you'll encounter Lillipup, a 5% chance to encounter Riolu, a 5% chance to encounter Pidove and a 10% chance to encounter Patrat. All four give Attack EVs.

http://www.smogon.com/bw/articles/bw_ev Read this guide for more.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    The same list on Bulbapedia.

Keep in mind that, if you tag an Exp. Share onto someone, that it will also collect EVs from the battle (and the game gives two, plus any you import from another game in the same generation, meaning you can EV train an entire party at once if you want to). This is useful for EV training a Lv.1 Pokémon (which will likely not battle much, at first) as it doesn't have to be on the battlefield to get its training in, but it can be used on any Pokémon; even Lv.100. You can also use certain held items (it's late here, they escape my mind right now) with the Pokémon battling to double the yield. Further, if you are fortunate enough to encounter a Pokémon with Pokérus, you can quickly spread the infection to all Pokémon you own (look up the disease article if you want to know more about it) and thus double the yield any time they EV train (keep in mind Pokérus DOES heal and you want to keep at least one in your PC at all times for future infections once you have it).

If you have an Action Replay, you can use an IV/EV code to check how far along your EV training is. I won't talk about it here as that's something you can look up yourself if you have the device. However, you can set to see the numbers for each Pokémon you're training and thus EV train exactly how you want to.

Cyclone

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Fifth Generation's FAQ also has something on this too :) However, in the future, just ask in either Quick Questions threads, and if you want to ask about what to EV train the Pokemon in, then Competitive Team Questions would be the place to go. Good luck!
    EkvQs.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back