• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Golden Dragon Tournament

Xandrite

Jack's Rival
Years
  • Due to Golden Warrior's internet having issues, he asked me to post the topic on his behalf.
    Here are a few words from him.

"Awhile back I had an idea to make a tournament for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. At first I was going to make it based on Smogon rules, but then I thought "What if we had our own rules?" Since then, I've had my friend Xandrite/Arim helping me think up rules and provide prizes for this competition and thus, the Golden Dragon Tournament was born. Quite simply, this will be a large-scale test of many a player's skill in Pokémon given the circumstance that virtually any Pokémon may be used. Hardly anything is banned but there are still guidelines so that chaos can be avoided. This tournament will very likely be held across a variety of forums and will very likely have many contestants join in. Registration is closed on the 18th of April, no one may join after or on that day.
    So, without further ado... Let the games begin!"

2nd place 2 Hidden Ability Pokemon, 2 5iv Dragon type Pokemon, and one starter Pokemon
    3rd Place 1 Hidden Ability Pokemon and 1 5Iv Dragon type pokemon

If at least 20 Participants.
    1st place 1 Hidden ability Legendary, 3 Hidden Ability Non Legendaries, 3 5Iv Dragon Type Pokemon, and one of each starter pokemon
    2nd Place 3 Hidden Ability Pokemon, 3 5Iv Dragon Type Pokemon, and 3 Starter Pokemon
    3rd Place 2 Hidden Ability Pokemon, 2 5Iv Dragon type Pokemon, and one Starter Pokemon
    4th Place 1 Hidden Ability Pokemon

If at least 30 Participants
    1st Place $15 1 Event Legendary, 1 Hidden ability Legendary, 3 Hidden Ability Non Legendaries, 3 5Iv Dragon Type Pokemon, and one of each Starter Pokemon
    2nd place $10 2 Hidden Ability Legendaries, 3 Hidden Ability Non Legendaries, 3 5Iv Dragon type Pokemon, and 5 Starter Pokemon
    3rd place $5 1 Hidden Ability Legendary, 2 Hidden Ability non legendaries, 2 5Iv Dragon Type Pokemon, and one Starter Pokemon
    4th Place 1 Hidden Ability Legendary, 1 Hidden Ability Pokemon

If at least 40 participants
    1st place $25 3 Event Legendaries, 3 Hidden Ability Legendaries, 5 Hidden Ability Non-Legendaries, 5 5Iv Dragon type Pokemon, and one of each starter Pokemon
    2nd place $15 1 Event Legendary, 1 Hidden Ability Legendary, 3 Hidden Ability Non Legendaries, 3 5Iv Dragon Type Pokemon, and 6 Starter Pokemon
    3rd Place $10 2 Hidden Ability Legendaries, 3 Hidden Ability non Legendaries, 3 5Iv Dragon Type Pokemon, and 3 Starter Pokemon
    4th Place 1 Hidden Ability Legendary, 3 Hidden Ability non-legendaries, and 1 starter Pokemon
    5th Place 2 Hidden Ability Pokemon, and 1 Starter Pokemon
    6th-12th place 1 Hidden Ability Pokemon, and 1 Starter Pokemon

Everyone who enters will receive a consolation prize of a starter Pokemon, a Rotom, A baby dragon, or Larvitar. This is unnaffected by the number of participants.

Participants must have a registered Paypal Account in order to receive Prize Money.

_______

List of Event Legends Available-

Nobunaga's Rayquaza
    Surfing Pikachu
    Flying Pikachu
    10th Anniversary Charizard
    10th Anniversary Latios
    10th Anniversary Latias
    World Championship Lucario
    Summer2013 Shiny Dialga
    Summer2013 Shiny Palkia
    Summer2013 Shiny Giratina
    Gamestop Raikou
    Gamestop Suicune
    Gamestop Entei
    Gamestop Celebi
    Toys R' Us Arceus
    Movie Victini
    Pokemon Game Generations Rayquaza
    Spring2013 Meloetta
    Winter2013 Keldeo
    Team Plasma Gensect
    Team Plasma Deoxys
    May2012 Darkrai
    Spring 2012 Zekrom
    Spring 2012 Reshiram
    Strongest Mewtwo

List of Hidden Ability Legends Available-

Mewtwo
    Ho-Oh
    Lugia
    Dialga
    Palkia
    Giratina
    Tornadus
    Thundurus
    Landorus

List of 5Iv Dragons Available -

Gible
    Ekans
    Horsea
    Dratini
    Swablu
    Bagon
    Axew
    Druddigon
    Deino
    Tyrunt
    Skrelp
    Goomy

Rules-

All battles will take place on Pokemon X and Y versions.

Pariticipants must register the pokemon they use(movesets, held items, natures, abilities) on their team and their held items.

Participants can register 2 teams.

Participants can swap teams between battles. So both teams must be the same, but you may use both of them. (Example, if team A consists of Lucario, Charmander, and Gallade; and team B consists of Infernape, Froakie, and Blitzle. You can switch Teams between matches, but you cannot switch pokemon between teams.)

Participants' teams may contain 1 Legendary and 1 Mega Evolution per team.

Registering Mega Mewtwo will count as both your Legendary and your Mega Evolution, and you will only be allowed to have a team of 5 pokemon.

Certain Legendaries do not use up your Legendary Pokemon slot; list is below for clarification.

If a participant uses an unregistered Pokemon, they will be disqualified.

If a participant uses an unregistrered Move, they will be disqualified.

If a participant uses an unregistered item, they will be disqualified.

If a participant uses an unregistered ability, they will be disqualified.

If anything on a participant's team does not match what they registered, they will be disqualified.

Participants will be randomly paired up for battle.

Matches will be decided best 2 out of 3. If a match ends with one win, one loss, and one draw, then the match itself ends in a draw.

Endless battle will be considered a draw.

If a match ends in a draw, the match must be redone.

Participants must send the battle video to one of the overseers to have the winner decided. The overseers are Xandrite and Golden Warrior.

Registration Form-

Areas marked with * must be filled.

Paypal Email(This is for prize money purposes. If you do not wish to fill this out, but still wish to enter, you may leave it blank. However, you will not be able to receive prize money unless you provide one.) -
    *Ingame Trainer Name -
    *Friend Code -

*Team 1 -
    *Pokemon 1 - Name: Nickname: Moveset: Nature: Ability: Held Item:
    Pokemon 2 - Name: Nickname: Moveset: Nature: Ability: Held Item:
    Pokemon 3 - Name: Nickname: Moveset: Nature: Ability: Held Item:
    Pokemon 4 - Name: Nickname: Moveset: Nature: Ability: Held Item:
    Pokemon 5 - Name: Nickname: Moveset: Nature: Ability: Held Item:
    Pokemon 6 - Name: Nickname: Moveset: Nature: Ability: Held Item:

Team 2 -
    Pokemon 1 - Name: Nickname: Moveset: Nature: Ability: Held Item:
    Pokemon 2 - Name: Nickname: Moveset: Nature: Ability: Held Item:
    Pokemon 3 - Name: Nickname: Moveset: Nature: Ability: Held Item:
    Pokemon 4 - Name: Nickname: Moveset: Nature: Ability: Held Item:
    Pokemon 5 - Name: Nickname: Moveset: Nature: Ability: Held Item:
    Pokemon 6 - Name: Nickname: Moveset: Nature: Ability: Held Item:

List of Legendaries that use up your one legendary slot -

Arceus(All Forms)
    Darkrai
    Deoxys(All Forms)
    Dialga
    Genesect(All Forms)
    Giratina(Both Forms)
    Groudon
    Ho-Oh
    Kyogre
    Kyurem-White
    Kyurem-Black
    Lugia
    Mewtwo
    Palkia
    Rayquaza
    Reshiram
    Zekrom
    Kyurem
    Xearneas
    Shaymin-Sky Forme
    Xearneas
    Yveltal
    Latios
    Latias
    Zygarde
    Any legendary not mentioned above does not use your legend spot.

The reason why only the first team's first pokemon is necessary for registration is because that is the mimimum needed to compete. You must fill out all six categories for a Pokemon to be registered. If your pokemon has no held item, simply register "No Held Item".
    If you want to use it in a battle, register it here. If you do not register it, you will be disqualified for using it.

By Registering, you agree to the terms and conditions of the tournament.

You may also contact the overseers by sending an email to [email protected]

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • My internet decided it wanted to be a working thing now, so just to help you guys understand registration, here's an example. (These must be PM'd to either Xandrite or myself and are not to be posted here. You wouldn't want to reveal your hand in a game of poker, would you?)

Paypal Email - [email protected]
    Ingame Trainer Name - Nico
    Friend Code - 5467-3556-4449

Team 1 -
    Pokemon 1 - Scizor Nickname: Garrus Moveset: Bullet Punch, Roost, Pursuit, Bug Bite
    Nature: Jolly Ability: Technician Held Item: Life Orb

Pokemon 2 - Blaziken Nickname: Flarechick Moveset: Blaze Kick, Sky Uppercut, Mirror Move, Hi-Jump Kick
    Nature: Adamant Ability: Blaze Held Item: Choice Band

Pokemon 3 - Lucario Nickname: Lucar Moveset: Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, Earthquake, Extreme Speed
    Nature: Bold Ability: Inner Focus Held Item: Lucarionite

Pokemon 4 - Gallade Nickname: Zero Moveset: Bulk Up, Leaf Blade, Zen Headbutt, Night Slash
    Nature: Adamant Ability: Justified Held Item: Leftovers

Pokemon 5 - Caturn Nickname: Haider Moveset: Spikes, Destiny Bond, Sucker Punch, Seed Bomb
    Nature: Jolly Ability: Water Absorb Held Item: Focus Sash

Pokemon 6 - Arceus-Bug Nickname: GOD Moveset: Judgement, Calm Mind, Recover, Ice Beam
    Nature: Timid Ability: Multitype Held Item: Insect Plate

Team 2 -
    Same Layout, just don't have any of the same Pokemon as on the last team. Same items are allowed.

I hope you guys get the idea. Battle hard and have fun!

EDIT: If you want to discuss the PayPal prize, message Xandrite, not myself. He is the one managing those. Any other issues can be directed to either of us via PM. Thank you.

Last edited:

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • I apologize for the double post, however I simply wanted to bump this topic so more people would have a chance to join this. (Even though you are PM'ing registration to us, please post here that you're joining so we can try and keep this thread alive.)

Oh, and with this I simply wanted to add: Hacked Pokemon aren't allowed. Not sure why that's in the rules. Anyhow, if we detect any hacked Pokemon during registration, you will be unable to register. IF the Pokemon are legal, we won't detect them in which case I suppose genned Pokemon are alright but...

Ah, you guys get the idea.

Last edited:

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • Well, check this out. A triple post. Well, can't neglect this, however, this competition cannot go on unless more people sign up. Deadline is tomorrow! Sign in now!

Back