• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hard and Aggravating/Annoying Boss Fights

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
As the title suggests, do you remember the hardest boss fight(s) you ever fought in? What were they? Do you still fight those bosses today? Are those boss fights still as hard and aggravating as you remember back then? Did you enjoy the challenge? Feel free to post any other thoughts here.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Oh god MGS is notorious for this. Not they are hard (maybe they are the first time?), but annoying, challenging to figure out and frustrating (and awesome)? Hell yes. I'm already dreading what I'm gonna find in MGS1.

Spoiler:

Muani

miau
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
I remember.. in Persona 4, Yukiko shadow was really tough for me.

Another was Eirin in Touhou : Imperishable Night.. 3:<

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
In Dante's Inferno I had some trouble against Lucifer since his cross spamming attacks kept me from getting close, also Orphan from Final Fantasy 13 really made my blood boil due to how long it took to kill that thing and by the end of the fight its attacks were stupidly strong to say the least.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I remember.. in Persona 4, Yukiko shadow was really tough for me.

Another was Eirin in Touhou : Imperishable Night.. 3:<

I've had rough times with Shadow Yukiko too. D:

Another boss I've had trouble with was Smog from Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, only because I didn't figure out his "pattern" first, nor did I realize that you can only hurt him by putting him back together. When I try to, it's a real pain; he certainly doesn't make it easy.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I almost always have trouble with Experiment 626 in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep... the electric thing that Terra fights in Deep Space. Usually the fights that gave me trouble in my regular playthroughs became really easy (since I already knew the strategy) in my level 1 playthrough of that game but that one stayed infuriating, haha. Didn't have any trouble with it in my most recent playthrough a few weeks ago. (Hardest fight in my LV1 play was probably Ven's boss in the same world because it was timed.)

Last boss fight I got frustrated with was the last Ansem battle in Kingdom Hearts Final Mix the other night. I forgot to get Curaga because I'm an idiot and had also faced poorly against the previous Ansem, using all my items... so I must've tried about 50 times before my roommate pointed out that I was still using Cura and that all I had to do for Curaga was talk to something. I nearly cried at my mistake and decided to go get it. Had no problems after that. <_<;;;

I'm generally pretty good with bosses. If I'm finding them too frustrating, I'll just go level up (since I mostly play JRPGs). I struggle a fair bit with bosses in shooters and whatnot since there isn't a level-up system but I can't think of any bosses that absolutely infuriated me or anything. It's usually parts of the levels that are aggravating for me in those kinds of games rather than any particular boss.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
Dunno if many of you have played this but in Yu gi oh world championship 2009 Alpha,Beta,Gamma,Delta aka your clones were extremely hard.
You had only 8000 HP while they had a combined of 32000.
I ended up beating them with arcana force deck(For those who dont know Arcana Force is a deck solely based on luck)

I also have to say Lavos from Chrono Trigger.

Last edited:

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
The first boss, Demid Panfilov, in Infinite Space.

Mainly because the in-game tutorial doesn't explain **** about the battle system. This guy was the bane of a lot of first time IS players.

Additionally, the stock random encounters in area right after beating Panfilov. Depending on how (un)lucky you are, you could be facing a fleet of three armed pirate vessels... With one ship which is little more then a cargo vessel with a couple of guns welded to it.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Surprised no-one has said this yet...

In Majora's Mask Gyorg is the reason I hate playing the gain Temple bay temple. I hate it if he catches you he can take four hearts at once. That happen quite a lot of the time, and today I still find him tricky to beat. He still annoys me today if you can tell.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I've had rough times with Shadow Yukiko too. D:
You gotta love wake-up call bosses ;D

Let's see...I guess I could list off a plethora of bosses from Touhou Project, but of the ones I've fought...
Spoiler:
...Actually, if I listed them all, I'd be here all day. Just play the games, you'll see.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016

This boss is still the hardest boss I've ever faced because his attacks can be so unpredictable. The falling and moving rocks are the hardest to dodge.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
The last boss of Ninja Gaiden I... You have to defeat all 3 of his forms without even dying anyways you restart the level. I always hated that game because of it's extremely difficult levels. Last boss didn't even help much..

Muani

miau
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
I always have trouble with Tatara Kogasa for some reason on lunatic mode. Even though she's only the second stage boss..

Touhou : Unidentified Fantastic Object.

Last edited:
Back