• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen May CoroCoro! Four New Pokémon Revealed!!

Which Pokemon do you like the best?

• Elikiteru

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • Gogoat

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • Yayakoma

Votes: 20 16.4%
  • Yamchan

Votes: 48 39.3%

• Total voters

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
Years
The new battle animations are going to look amazing. Just look at the bird using Flame Charge. (Small image next to the bird's right foot)

Spoiler:

I.T.

The Pokémon Cartel
Years
These new Pokémon have grown to me since they were revealed earlier today. Gen 6 may shape up to have some the best Pokémon design wise (except that Slyveon).

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
I'm a little more reserved on the idea of riding Pokémon. Not that I think it's a bad idea, but it's just that Gogoat is called the Riding Pokémon so there's always the chance that we may be only able to ride it and not other Pokémon.

Although, if I'm wrong, then this would totally make up for not having the follow-me feature.

I'm hoping that this leads into having Pokemon use their bodies for overworld abilities instead of using HMs.

For example, you should be able to ride a water Pokemon of a certain size on the water without teaching it surf. Pokemon with sharp claws or incisors should be able to cut down small trees. Pokemon with hard heads should be able to headbutt. Basically any Pokemon that would be able to learn the HM moves should be able to perform the actions in the overworld *without* wasting a move slot.

This leak has really restored my hope for this generation. So much new stuff we've never had before!

I made a video about it in case anyone wants to hear my thoughts.

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2018
I am so pleased with the reveal! I really love the look of Elikiteru and Yayakoma, and it's really great that the latter will be compatible with at least one fire type move. Judging by the other screenshots the 3D graphics look impressive and as mentioned already, the Karos region seems to be quite rural and full of greenery and lush forests. I cannot wait to see what comes next!

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I'm guessing these are fake?

Spoiler:

Just spotted them on tumblr. The final form of Chespin being split between the two pages seems pretty off to me. The two pictures don't look like they're related or have the same art style either. So it likely means both are fake.

Those're fakes made by Pokemon-Diamond on DeviantArt

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I posted my thoughts on that elsewhere, but basically - don't read too much into those rumours.

All that happened was that a piece of info this source stated occurred in there being a new electric type move. Which isn't very remarkable - we get multiple new moves for each typing every gen as it is!

Or look at it this way - that source gives nine different points as far as we know. The chance of just one point being proven correct if it is a guess is low. The chance of one from that whole list being right though is much higher, and certainly not insignificant.

I'd only worry about new fairy types and whatnot only when more info from that turns out to be true. And even then, history has had many instances of sources being only partially correct.

Btw, the first screenshot you posted is rumour, the second is separate info from coro coro and has naught to do with that rumour source. =p

Blue Emerald

One of life's great mysteries
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 15, 2022
Elikiteru's seems to be receiving a lot of flak on other sites, but I think it's cute, and kinda fantastical. Never seen a lizard with ears before; nice to see Game Freak getting creative with this kinda stuff.

Really like Yayakoma and his Fire attacks; so hoping he becomes a Fire/Flying-type; he could end up being an awesome regional bird if it happened.

I wanna bet on the English translations before we get them, 'cause I got some good ones (and sometimes I even get them right!):

Yancham -> Pandit (panda/bandit); I'll be surprised if this guy doesn't evolve into a Fighting/Dark-type named Panderado. I mean, he's called the Naughty Pokemon; it just seems so perfect for him. =P
Yayakoma -> Roblin (robin/warbling); the birds in our games typically have such quick and simple names (Pidgey, Starly, Taillow, Pidove), so I don't see that changing this gen.
Elikiteru -> Genecko (generator/gecko); those ears on his head have got to behave like some sort of solar generator, and it's better than putting "electric" in the name like his Japanese name. We already have so many Electric Pokemon with "electric" somewhere in their name; I assume Pokemon USA is aware of that. =P The ears may even be a play on how some gecko's frills, when folded, look kind of like floppy ears.
Gogoat will probably keep his name (go-go/goat); you couldn't ask for a better English name for this guy.

As for attack translations, I predict:

Parabola Charge -> Arc Absorb
Parting Remark -> Last Laugh

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
What are the English names for the 4 new ones?
Unknown as of yet. Maybe they will be revealed on the English Pokemon site in a while, but don't hold your breathe.

As for my thoughts on the Pokemon: Goat riding seems.... interesting and I wonder if that mechanic will extend beyond it. I like the bird and imo it looks better than Pidove already (who I was pretty disappointed by in the end). Lizard I'm a bit undecided upon but its typing is something different. That panda is my favourite of the bunch though. It looks pretty mean, heh.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
A thought occurred to me just now.

We can probably consider the robin to be the regional bird......but do you think Erikiteru might be considered the regional rodent? I know it doesn't seem to be a rodent but it is part normal type.

I hope not though, it looks too cool to end up with a weak evolution.

I'm thinking Erik is the Pikachu of the region. Since its an electric type and so far the only non Electric Pikachu clone is Marill.

Gogoat looks more likely to have a pre-evolution than an evolution I think. I would love if the lizard evolved into an Electric/Dark type pokemon.

It's annoying how some of the pictures on the magazine are so tiny....even if the scans were crystal clear it would be hard to make them out.

Lastly I find it a bit suspicious that they so openly gave out the types of these pokemon while keeping Sylveon's type a secret.

Not really something suspicious. Sylveon's type may not be revealed until July since its part of a movie. Which is the only reason as to why I can see it not being revealed yet. The Movie Pokemon tend to be shrouded in mystery until their movies air.

Unknown as of yet. Maybe they will be revealed on the English Pokemon site in a while, but don't hold your breathe.

As for my thoughts on the Pokemon: Goat riding seems.... interesting and I wonder if that mechanic will extend beyond it. I like the bird and imo it looks better than Pidove already (who I was pretty disappointed by in the end). Lizard I'm a bit undecided upon but its typing is something different. That panda is my favourite of the bunch though. It looks pretty mean, heh.

I'm seeing the riding thing as a new HM. Would make sense in a way.

Guy

just a guy
Years
About the English names, the earliest day we might get them would be on the 14th. This is just an assumption based on previous X/Y news releases from the official site from the last few months.

I'm hoping that this leads into having Pokemon use their bodies for overworld abilities instead of using HMs.

For example, you should be able to ride a water Pokemon of a certain size on the water without teaching it surf. Pokemon with sharp claws or incisors should be able to cut down small trees. Pokemon with hard heads should be able to headbutt. Basically any Pokemon that would be able to learn the HM moves should be able to perform the actions in the overworld *without* wasting a move slot.

This leak has really restored my hope for this generation. So much new stuff we've never had before!
I think this is a pretty good assumption. Although, it would still restrict players to using certain types of Pokémon, albeit probably a bit less restricting than having HM slaves. I like the idea that it might be GameFreak finally recognizing that HMs are an old system that has worn out its welcome. Hopefully.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Hey guys take a look at this

Spoiler:

Seems Legit... I hope, if it's true, the English version of Fairy is Light...

Elikiteru's seems to be receiving a lot of flak on other sites, but I think it's cute, and kinda fantastical. Never seen a lizard with ears before; nice to see Game Freak getting creative with this kinda stuff.

Really like Yayakoma and his Fire attacks; so hoping he becomes a Fire/Flying-type; he could end up being an awesome regional bird if it happened.

I wanna bet on the English translations before we get them, 'cause I got some good ones (and sometimes I even get them right!):

Yancham -> Pandit (panda/bandit); I'll be surprised if this guy doesn't evolve into a Fighting/Dark-type named Panderado. I mean, he's called the Naughty Pokemon; it just seems so perfect for him. =P
Yayakoma -> Roblin (robin/warbling); the birds in our games typically have such quick and simple names (Pidgey, Starly, Taillow, Pidove), so I don't see that changing this gen.
Elikiteru -> Enguana (engine/iguana); those ears on his head have got to behave like some sort of solar generator, and it's better than putting "electric" in the name like his Japanese name. We already have so many Electric Pokemon with "electric" somewhere in their name; I assume Pokemon USA is aware of that. =P
Gogoat will probably keep his name (go-go/goat); you couldn't ask for a better English name for this guy.

As for attack translations, I predict:

Parabola Charge -> Arc Absorb
Parting Remark -> Last Laugh
I really like your names, but if Gogoat's name isn't changed I'm going to be super pissed... If The Panda does become Fighting/Dark , which he should, unless it's Fighting/Grass bamboo fighter, I'm naming him Pandamonium...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 18, 2023
I like all of the new Pokemon, however I think more work could have been done on the bird Pokemon. Hopefully it's evolutions look a bit better. The Panda Pokemon is awesome, and I'm probably going to use it on my team. I heard about the Trainer Customization too, it may not be much, but at least it's a step further. :D

Back