• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Internet-Pokemon moments outside of PC

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    I was on Yahoo! Answers (being bored... like I normally am) and I keep seeing constant threads about Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. Of course I click on them, trying to give the best advice I can. What used to come up were 'Omg Help, I'm such a n00b that I can't use google!!! D:...' questions, but now I've seen so many trade thread, most of which ask for Arceus/Shaymin/Darkrai (hacked, obviously).

Now I just shake my head and move on. There's a million things I want to say to the kid, but I now they wouldn't listen.

Another one was where a person was asking how to get off of the Sevii Islands and get back to Cinnabar. There are about 6 or 7 answers so I click on the thread to see what they were. The first person that posted (as first people normally do) said something along the lines of 'Idk dude, Gl man...' which made me so irritated, so enraged, so... MAD that I had to do the only thing I could at that moment. Give him a thumbs-down >(!! I move onto the next post and some Genius obviously knew the answer "u dont have anyone that know fly? fly or surf dude!!!11". I shake my head and move onto the 3rd post. Now, many people on Yahoo! like to copy others answers who they think are right. So, of course, they say "surf". The next one? "Ya, surf or fly", and the next, "Fly". Someone thought they could get the uber-awesome-apple-waffle 10 points by extending their answer, "Yeah, u use a pokemon that nows fly and it brings up the map thing and u use fly to get back to cinnamon island! i hope this helped =D". Ugh, those end tag lines make me sick =P... Finally I come across someone who knows SOMETHING about anything! "You have to get Loselle in the Berry Forest and clear the Bikers off the island." I was so happy that I must have given him at least 15 thumbs-ups! ... But I think that thread left a permanent scar...

What are some of your Pokemon-advice-giving-other-forum experiences that make you want to smack the person who posted. (If you have other experiences too, feel free to share them!)

Last edited:

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I used to be a big fan of Netbattle. I have been an admin in a server, then the guy made me a mod, then I left. I was really mad at that guy because I was with his server for a long time and at the end when the server got very popular he made me a mod and said that I didn't do much for the server. When there was not many people, he needed me. Well, the server disappeared like almost a year back (I think).

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    Yahoo Answers is an invitation to post false, rude or discriminating information most times. Not many give helpful answers, its pretty much the same as commenting on YouTube. Actually, I find the tone of a comment is more infuriating than the content itself.

I posted up a video that I made, and comments that I recieved that were negative were seemingly insensitive. I even got told to die. And that, my friends, is the drawback of letting anybody access such things. You get people posting with nothing better with their time than to post nonesense. This enrages me, because people can be so rude over the internet because they know they wont meet the person in real life and even if they did, they wouldnt even know about it unless the said website was brought up in conversation and usernames were exchanged.

Damn, it would be a real blow if you managed to get the same guy or girls number who posted incredibly blastphemus comments towards your video. What are the odds huh? :P

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Ugh, I hate those people on Youtube that do that >(! THEY are the ones who need to go DIE! ... Or at least therapy.

Well, here's another incident on Yahoo! Answers. This kid (I suppose around 10?) keeps posting questions like "Are I the only 1 who think Piplup an Chimchar is the only goo Starters in Sinnoh? Turtwig sux?" He's been keeping this up for the past few days, making numerous duplicate accounts, changing his mind every time (i.e. Started with liking Chimchar and Piplup, then Piplup and Turtwig, then all, then Turtwig and Chimchar), now I think there's at least 45 of those things on there >:(!

As for why I am posting on Yahoo! Answers, I feel like that if I don't give them the right information, then who will? Yeah there are SOME good posters there, but the rest have no common sense! (Or, at least act that way.) And some of the "Best Answers" I see are awful compared to my answer in that question...

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
  • I don't really mind the ignorant comments that go flying around on yahoo and youtube as much as comments made by the trolls.

'P0gEyMaN Iz tEh GaYeST'

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    "Ugh, I hate those people on Youtube that do that >(! THEY are the ones who need to go DIE! ... Or at least therapy."

lololol i concur :D

meh, they just need to grow up and find something better to do with their time.

Back