• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kingdom Hearts

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
Kingdom Hearts has to be my favorite game series.
my favorite KH game is possibly Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix.
I simply can't wait until 2.5 I'm already saving up for both Import and localization versions.
Right now Im focus on 1.5, Im getting ultima right now in Final Mix. :)
One of my favorite things about KH is the music, when i need to relax or in a mood, I put on my favorite tracks. Also KH's stories gets to me all the time. :)
But I am glad that KH exist. :)

Years
I've never played KH before but after watching a Let's Play of the first game it really made me want to try it. So I went out and purchased KH Dream Drop Distance, which I've enjoyed a lot but already got stuck. Go me and my bad gaming abilities. ;(

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
I've never played KH before but after watching a Let's Play of the first game it really made me want to try it. So I went out and purchased KH Dream Drop Distance, which I've enjoyed a lot but already got stuck. Go me and my bad gaming abilities. ;(
Where are you stuck at in Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance?

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
DDD has amazing gameplay and controls. BUT the world is dead and lifeless because the worlds aren't very populated. Disney has like 100 years of original characters to work with. But, the portable games do nothing with Disney as if they don't have permission to use those characters.

Each inch of the scene should be full of Disney and Square-Enix characters, because that was the whole point of the original.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
The first game used a lot of Disney and S-E characters in order to set up the original Kingdom Hearts characters, imo. In later games, once those characters are established, they don't need as much help from pre-existing characters to stand on their own. So the supporting Disney/S-E cast were used less in favour of featuring the original characters in the series.

However, the main difference between the handheld games and the big numbered games has mainly just been whether or not you have a party. And I definitely agree that it gets lonely without one--even in 3D where they give you monsters to raise up as your party, it's just not the same. I wish they could have given you actual Disney (or FF, I suppose) characters to fight with for more than just one random plot battle but it probably would have been too tough on the console. Or they wouldn't have fit the battle system in 3D, at least: I find it hard to imagine Mickey or Quasimodo/Gargoyles being able to keep up with Sora and Riku's flipping and gliding and all that jazz. It definitely would have been fairly tough on other handheld games, too--even BBS lags something fierce during that one battle you do as a group, not to mention the Mirage Arena.

If there's any reason I'm excited for KH3, it's... well, okay, it's to get Aqua back. Every reason after that, though, is more about getting a fleshed out party so that it won't feel so lonely when I'm battling.

Back