• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Corroded silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Tch.. Enter the expert...
    Fine, I didn't word my opinion correctly. It can't be denied that we've had our share of GSC remakes. And since they keep on coming, I'm suggesting that it would be nice to see a reference to HGSS, if only graphically. I was saying that, obviously remakes aren't original, especially since Nintendo's done it themselves, but amongst the hacking community, it'd be a change. That's all. It wouldn't actually be the end of the world, you know.
    I'm glad it's Silver you've chosen, though, because Gold and Crystal have already been done, almost fully. Perhaps give Lugia a bigger role? I dunno. Do what you want... Good luck, I look forward to seeing more progress.
    Expert? That's laughable.
    I get what you mean, but that still isn't more original. Just because it is less common as of now to premake HGSS doesn't make it more original. At the same time, MANY MANY hacks and projects are starting/already have picked up HGSS graphics. Not remakes or anything, but the style blends in with the crowd. Remaking a remake is less original than remaking the original GSC, because there's less room to work with. You're limiting yourself to what the official remake has that way, and not a new way, exclusive to you.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • Honestly, I don't see the appeal to this hack.

First of all, the whole G/S/C remake thing has been done to death, and though I hate hearing this myself, HGSS is coming to the states and Europe in a couple of months.

Judging by your screenshots, you lack a basic grasp of the English language. What makes it worse is all of the correct text is already written for you if you just pop G/S/C into your Gameboy or grab a ROM. Your maps of New Bark Town are... well... let's just say you need some practice, to put it lightly.

The fact that you've restarted signals me that perhaps this doesn't belong in the Progressing Hacks section, because as far as your posts are concerned, it seems that from the time you've started over, you haven't made enough progress to stay in this section. Honestly, I can't see any serious reason to play this, other than chuckling at the bad grammar or seeing the Silver Version we all know and love slaughtered.

I'd read a mapping tutorial, put some effort into your grammar (which like I said before was done for you if you had cared to look), and learn some more advanced scripting before even attempting to ruin a Nintendo game. I believe this belongs back in the Scrapbox with the other "crap or scrap", as you so delicately put it in one of your posts, to be phased-out with the rest of the products of this "Hacking Dark Age".

Omega Zero

Is back...
    Years
  • Honestly, I don't see the appeal to this hack.

First of all, the whole G/S/C remake thing has been done to death, and though I hate hearing this myself, HGSS is coming to the states and Europe in a couple of months.

Judging by your screenshots, you lack a basic grasp of the English language. What makes it worse is all of the correct text is already written for you if you just pop G/S/C into your Gameboy or grab a ROM. Your maps of New Bark Town are... well... let's just say you need some practice, to put it lightly.

The fact that you've restarted signals me that perhaps this doesn't belong in the Progressing Hacks section, because as far as your posts are concerned, it seems that from the time you've started over, you haven't made enough progress to stay in this section. Honestly, I can't see any serious reason to play this, other than chuckling at the bad grammar or seeing the Silver Version we all know and love slaughtered.

I'd read a mapping tutorial, put some effort into your grammar (which like I said before was done for you if you had cared to look), and learn some more advanced scripting before even attempting to ruin a Nintendo game. I believe this belongs back in the Scrapbox with the other "crap or scrap", as you so delicately put it in one of your posts, to be phased-out with the rest of the products of this "Hacking Dark Age".
    Well i am working on my grammar and if you don't like the hack then don't play it which you probally won't play it anyways

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Honestly, I don't see the appeal to this hack.

I love you. Sorry, but I agree with that and couldn't have put it better. :3

Omega Zero

Is back...
    Years
  • I love you. Sorry, but I agree with that and couldn't have put it better. :3
    I don't care what you guys say about my hack. nothing is gonna stop me no matter what! this hack is not going down that easy!
    EDIT: Guys you wanna see progress WELL I'LL GIVE YOU PROGRESS! I am working on this Really fast now! i am gonna make this thread worth viewing in a couple days!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2016
    Does this mean you have a lot of members helping you now? Or does this mean you will just work on it very fast no matter how glitchy it is?

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    no that means he likes the idea of a silver remake and is gonna make it for personal reasons, if others gain because of this well good for him :)

And please don't prejudge this hack just because it's a silver remake....

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2011
    It's nice to finally see a silver remake after all this time, we already have gold and crystal remakes, but nobody has yet to do a silver remake of any worth. Silver was my personal favorite from the GSC days and as much as I love Liquid Crystal, it just doesn't have that nostalgic feel to it that a silver remake would. I hope that you keep working on this because I honestly thought that I would have to learn to romhack in order to see a silver remake rom hack.

Omega Zero

Is back...
    Years
  • It's nice to finally see a silver remake after all this time, we already have gold and crystal remakes, but nobody has yet to do a silver remake of any worth. Silver was my personal favorite from the GSC days and as much as I love Liquid Crystal, it just doesn't have that nostalgic feel to it that a silver remake would. I hope that you keep working on this because I honestly thought that I would have to learn to romhack in order to see a silver remake rom hack.
    Thanks thats one of the most best posts in this thread

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    OH NOES ANOTHER SILVER REMAKE
    Exactly what I'm thinking...

2rm1vgy.png

Your titlescreen looks horrible with the letters, I would improve that.

And sorry If I sounded harsh, I needed to point that out.

Good luck, though.;)

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2011
    I keep hearing about all these Silver remakes, but I have yet to see any other Silver remake aside from this one, and trust me, I have looked for them.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    I love the fact we'd have almost-complete GBA fan-made remakes for each of the Johto games now.
    Could be awesome if anyone could complete ShinyGold so we'd actually have 3 complete remakes.

Good luck! Looking forward to see your new extras and different mapping, as opposed to LiquidCrystal and ShinyGold. You have some really tough "challenge" here, yet every single remake of GSC wins to me, so you already have a supporter/fan XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back