• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Castform!

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
  • When you thwart Team Magma/Aqua in the Weather Institute on Route 119, the chief professor bestows upon you a rare, otherwise unobtainable Pokémon… Castform.

What did you do with Castform? Did you box it? Train it? Make it a team member? Migrate it to a Gen IV game? Discuss!~

Years
  • I did obtain this Castform during my Pokemon Ruby playthrough, male with Careful nature. He's currently in his 40s level-wise and sitting in the PC. I did take him out for a while and played around with his weather strategy and all, plus it's so cute!

And I know a certain someone who adores this thing... (yes, it's Michonne lol)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Castform is not that great when it comes to battling, as its stats are quite low. I really like its concept and design, though. This Pokémon's got such a cute-looking face, and its size and shape make it very easy to hug. n__n And it's pretty creative how it changes its form depending on the weather. My favorite form would definitely have to be sun. After getting a hold of Castform, I didn't do much things with it, unfortunately. I've leveled it up by two - three stages by battling against a few NPCs, and put it into my PC box after that. Like I said, Castform is just not a good Pokémon to battle with. If its stats were a bit higher or perhaps if it had a wider range of attacks in its movepool, then maybe it would have been.

Nomine

サトセレ
    Years
  • On my first playthrough of Emerald, I got Castform, dropped it off in the PC, and that was the end of it. On my second go-around, though, I decided to use it on my team. It actually was a pretty solid team member! I remember using its weather-manipulating moves to my advantage in gym battles and with the Elite Four. I think it ended up at level 72 by the end of the game. That same Castform was transferred to Platinum, then Black/White, and to X/Y next!

Back