• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

After BW2 then what?

brholdan

pokehelper
Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2012
    They Started yet again another installment in the unova region. THe question is is there another remake like HGSS or there will be another region or installment from the last regions. If you have some information or Guesses just post here.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    This thread doesn't belong in B2W2 Forums as its to discuss games to come after B2W2. Moved to the appropriate Forum.

Years
  • I believe that as long as they are turning revenue from the franchise, which I'm sure they will for years to come, they will continue to proceed to the creation of new Pokémon games and additional generations. If you put it in to terms that relate to the real world it would make sense for them to create seven regions. That's just an unoriginal thought. Truth be told, who knows what they will do. As far as I'm concerned though, they don't seem like they'll be slowing down with the game releases anytime soon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • My guess is that remakes will follow then we will proably get Generation VI around late 2013 (if they speed up the releases) or 2014. I do wonder what theme they will use for it though...they used Nature, Sun-Moon-Stars, Earth-Sea-Sky, Time-Space-Antimatter, Yin-Yang-Wuji, so what follows? Artificial Mascots?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Game Freak will keep churning out games until they stop selling like gangbusters. As that has no chance of happening for the foreseeable future, it looks like Gen VI will be on the way in a matter of years. It'd be nice to see a little bit more experimentation with the games - the sequel idea is novel enough to pique my interest - but I'll still probably get them even if they turn out to be the same as always. I'm just too invested at this point in time! :D

blue

gucci
    Years
  • My theory is RS Remakes = 2013, Generation VI = 2014 and the pattern will follow on as per. Whether there will be Diamond & Pearl remakes I don't know, it really depends on graphics, features etc in the later years.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
  • My guess would be RSE remakes in mid 2013, and then maybe 6th gen in early 2014.
    And later on, DP remakes would be based on what all has changed from 2007 until then, which hopefully, a lot will change.

WasSollDas

Fighting / Psychic ROOLZ!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    My only hope is that after making RSE remakes, Gamefreak still has some ideas and can actually come up with more good stuff. Seriously, I'm starting to wonder; where is the limit of these people's ideas, imaginations, etc.?

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2012
    RSE remakes?
    Or perhaps a more serious storyline that is directed to teenagers, which combines several characters from different regions

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Seriously, I'm starting to wonder; where is the limit of these people's ideas, imaginations, etc.?

There is no limit to the mind.

I think RS remakes would be next, then gen VI...generic, I know. But then again, with B2W2 being the "third game" for BW, GameFreak has gotten a little unpredictable so...you never know!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • ^Who knows, perhaps this is the end...Pokemon started with Red and ends with White? (Pokeball colors) If so than we might not get our remakes :(
    Perhaps Remakes or sequels to the Hoenn games (strange bjt consideing B2W2...) by the end of the year in Japan and get them by March or April of 2013, so that way they can release Gen VI by September 2013 if they wanna rush Gen V to an end... 2014/2015 Third version(s) 2015/ 2016 Sinnoh remakes. 2017 Gen VII 2018/2019 third version(s) 2019/20 BW remakes 2020 B2W2 remakes (so many two's xD) or 2021.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I thought the Unova Region was the final region. I can see Pokemon coming to an end soon. ;o; But don't quote me on it.

I don't think they'll just stop after Black2 and White2. Or at least I hope not. :/ Could be a rumor.They're still making millions of dollars off the franchise so they wouldn't end it now. Black and White sold over one million copies the first day of sale. As long as Game Freak is making big bucks off of Pokemon, I think they'll keep coming out with games. I honestly don't see that happening in the near future.
    I think Gen V might be a little shorter than the others since we're not even 2 years in the generation and we already have our third versions.Or sequels in this case. I think RSE remakes will come first or maybe a few spinoffs. Then they'll start promoting and bringing out Gen VI. They're probably developing the games right now and working out the graphics and such. I think they'll announce them in about 2013 or 2014 and we'll get them around early or late 2014 , maybe early 2015. You never know with GameFreak anymore. B2W2 came by surprise.

PokeLordAndrew

Emulation Noob
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2013
    The main consensus is that Gamefreak will make revamped versions of Emerald, Sapphire and Ruby for the newer consoles.
    Then the likely thing to do would be make a game series that follows the adventure series. So, kanto, Orange Islands, Sevii Islands. For what they were meant for.
    The sevii islands were actually made for the "Deoxys saga" so to speak, so I'm interested if they'll make a game that follows that series of even the cartoons.

Then new versions, with Pokemon that may likely make us all cringe. I did a little with the new gen. However a quick search on YouTube will give you the most promising sprites for new Pokemon ideas you'll ever see.

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
  • People have come to know the pattern of Pokémon games so well that the speculation isn't even there. That said, I think it's very possible that Game Freak may have something new up their sleeves as they did with Black and White 2. My hopes are held high!

Years
  • RSE remakes most likely. Although, they have broken the predictable pattern by creating BW2, so it could really be anything.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2012
    R/S/E remakes.

Or, Pokemon Grey for the 3DS?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2012
    My guess is that remakes will follow then we will proably get Generation VI around late 2013 (if they speed up the releases) or 2014. I do wonder what theme they will use for it though...they used Nature, Sun-Moon-Stars, Earth-Sea-Sky, Time-Space-Antimatter, Yin-Yang-Wuji, so what follows? Artificial Mascots?

Sky/Overworld/Underworld? Tho it is similar to R/S/E.......
    It is a good question,however.

Back