• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Rival Name MkII: English Edition

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I named him さぼてん (Saboten) in my Japanese Black 2. The translation, Cactus, would be kind of random so I think I'll be naming my rival Sabby in my ENG version of White 2.

SetheKing

"Ignore him, for he...Yeah, he's dumb."
Years
I might name my Rival after Enter, a villain from Tokumei Sentai Gobusters, or just name him Chris, after my middle name, which is oddly the same name as one of my best friends, to try and parallel my character's name (which will be my first name).

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
After seeing the dubbed B2/W2 trailer, I have this strong urge to name the rival "Goku" because Sean Schemmel, who's the original voice of Goku in Dragonball, voiced Hugh in the trailer.

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
I will probably name my rival something random, such as Seven or Shift. I do that all the time.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Um...

Sooty

You know, after that bear puppet thing. Seems like an amusing name but which is not too silly.

Last edited:
Years
I'm going to name him Hugh, even if I'm not too fond of the name. I always just stick with the Rival's default name, and don't plan on changing that trend right now.

Back