• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Heracross, Pinsir or Scyther

Which is the Best?

• Heracross

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • Pinsir

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Scyther

Votes: 44 55.0%

• Total voters

Arcknight316

left pc
Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2008
    Heracross has better Attack,while Scyther is stronger in Special Attack. Obviously if you're wanting a nice Bug type, you'll want to go with the one with stats that most compliment the area. Heracross learns Megahorn and its all around movepool is better than Scyther's. And Pinsir is worst of the three.

since when does special atk come into play? NEVER use pinsir scyther heracross w/ special atks

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • The only downside of Pinsir is that in GBC games, he can't learn any Bug-type moves except Fury Cutter and most of his moves are 100% resisted against Ghost-types. Regardless, I'd still stick with him.

If you're playing Crystal, get Scizor for his awesome animation

Edit: Oh, Scyther / Scizor can't learn Bug-type moves either... But they can learn Reversal, Steel Wing, Wing Attack, Swords Dance, Slash, Pursuit, and Quick Attack :o

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2010
    I like Pinsir myself. Scyther is worthless unless you evolve it, and then it is too slow. Pinsir is faster than both Scizor and Heracross, and for that I'm willing to give up the 5 or 10 base attack. Pinsir is also better on defense than Heracross.

Scyther is obviously the worst of the three, thats why they had to have it evolve.

Just because a pokemon isn't the strongest of the three doesn't mean it can't be the best. When you play pokemon, you got to add a little bit of flair to your team right? I mean, it would be boring if everyone used the same pokemon....
    Oh wait, they kind of do. :D

One of the neat parts about heracross though is that it is part fighting type. Heracross is usually the only bug or fighting pokemon I'll ever use, so it can definatly help out my team in some situations...

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Scyther is definetely the best among those three.
    Its been one of my fave's since forever!!!!!!!!!!

~Celebi

Years
  • hey everyone i have started playing through pokemon crystal again and i am now in need of a grass/bug type pokemon and im stuck between Heracross, Pinsir and Scyther and want to know which is the best one in crystal.

Scyther is the coolest.

Heracross most powerful.

Scyther much easier to get though.

Your choice.

~ 1,500 Posts ~

MissMegano

not-so innocent saint
    Years
  • Scyther's good just because he has great speed, but if you enjoy knocking other furry little creatures out... brutally, Heracross is the way to go. Personally, I'd choose Scyther because he looks cool. The game's easy enough anyway. :p

joangaes

BANNER MAKER
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2013
    I think that heracross is the best because you can beat everyone for his speed!

Yoshi318

PokePhotographer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2008
    yes, i recommend either Pinsir, or Heracross(leaning more towards Heracross)...even if the idea of having a Scyther for the later advantages of having a steel pokemon does sound nice....its still not worth it...

joangaes

BANNER MAKER
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2013
    yes, i recommend either Pinsir, or Heracross(leaning more towards Heracross)...even if the idea of having a Scyther for the later advantages of having a steel pokemon does sound nice....its still not worth it...

and it doesn't has good speed to.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    Pinsir is the coolest, IMO, but probably the weakest until DP (maybe even still).
    The best is obviously Heracross, but the thing is way too OU for my taste.

Back