• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I like that idea, but personally I don't like the idea of my Pokemon getting dumped when they faint, I find it cruel to the Pokemon and to the trainer who has a hard time with the Elite 4 without Revives and Full Restores :(

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

I like that idea, but personally I don't like the idea of my Pokemon getting dumped when they faint, I find it cruel to the Pokemon and to the trainer who has a hard time with the Elite 4 without Revives and Full Restores :(
Well, good news to you. There's an option to "deselect" a few rules you don't want to be generated (Maximum of 6-10 is fair enough, I suppose, you can re-generate anyways. lol) I actually had a "sample interface" written in notepad (ASCII art), showing the primary features - like what appears on screen and whatnot. But power came down and well, I didn't save, and everything went to hell.

But, yeah, I've been thinking of more stuff to make it more fair and useable for everyone. Once I finish listing down my first set of features/notes (hopefully, by tonight), I'm surely gonna post them up here.

So far, i've only gathered up 30 rules to include... which is around 60-70% of the whole Challenge section >_<

Last edited:
Years
Ooh, sounds fun. I'm in! I'd have to finish my current challenges first before I would sign up, though >_< GT has taken a lot of time off my hands XD

Speaking of the GT, grats for winning in the drawing contest! I'm betting for that poodle, too. Great stuff. Love those pixel arts.

Anyway, onto another concern of mine: I was planning to make a program...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Oooh that looks cute. That's the first time i'm seeing that cute 'n fluffy piece of win.

And yeah, I am. Thanks. You can think of it as my way of reviewing what I've long forgotten, lol. I'll need quite some practice again on the basics... and this would cover almost everything.

Anyway, I'll probably end my planning with the file attached. I can probably come up with more as I start. Also, don't mind the filename XD just noticed it too.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
If Fennekin winds up with Fire Psychic evos, I might do a Psychic mono just so I can use the new squid mon too, lol.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I thought I read that Fennekin was going to be Fire/Psychic, or it's still rumored. I dunno, I 'check' Serebii every day, but I try not to commit the details to memory. I'd like to play a new generation not knowing most of the Pokemon. I'll try to play blind as best as I can rather than pre-plan a team or sign up under a challenge... if I get XY

Years
I thought I read that Fennekin was going to be Fire/Psychic, or it's still rumored. I dunno, I 'check' Serebii every day, but I try not to commit the details to memory. I'd like to play a new generation not knowing most of the Pokemon. I'll try to play blind as best as I can rather than pre-plan a team or sign up under a challenge... if I get XY

The rumor that was started in may has been corraborated by recent information.
Spoiler:

The rumor also states that Fennekin's final evo will be a fire/psychic. Therefore, it is highly likely to be true, but who knows, the rumor creator may be mistaken on some of the claims.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
So I'm thinking of going back in the challenges :)

And first thing I'm gonna do is Syd's TCG challenge :D
Now I gotta buy a booster pack and hoping I get good Gen III stuffs since I'll play with my Ruby cartridge xD

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Good luck with that since the common booster packs you can buy are gen V, so that's two generations of Pokemon you may get in the pack that you can't get in-game. :x

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
If you don't wanna buy a booster pack, you can always download the tgc online game and open a pack there. You get a new pack every couple of days so it's a good thing.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Well then, let's hope I pull something good and that I won't pull only one single Pokemon from gen III and then realizing it was a Luvdisc 8D

Years
I was thinking that it might be cool to do two challenges simultaneously with all restrictions from both in place (where possible), but after looking around it seems that some of the challenges already implement this in the form of additional options, which may lead to a seperate thread being redundant.

I was wondering firstly if there would be interest in this and secondly if it could work given the reason above?

some examples - NFE solo
- First Badge Mono Species
- Mono colour mono type (understandably may not work all the time but I'm sure there would be some interesting type/colour cobinations)

Last edited:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

I was thinking that it might be cool to do two challenges simultaneously with all restrictions from both in place (where possible), but after looking around it seems that some of the challenges already implement this in the form of additional options, which may lead to a seperate thread being redundant.

I was wondering firstly if there would be interest in this and secondly if it could work given the reason above?

some examples - NFE solo
- First Badge Mono Species
- Mono colour mono type (understandably may not work all the time but I'm sure there would be some interesting type/colour cobinations)
There's actually a ["Pick your Rules" Challenge thread], where you could basically do what you mentioned in there. Simply input your selected rules, and you're good to go. I think you must notify the other thread owners though, if you want your challenges to be "credited" simultaneously. And by notify, i mean asking eachof the thread owners in charge of the First Badge challenge, Ultimate Solo Challenge, Monocolour Challenge, and Monotype Challenges... simply post in their threads.

I was also trying to support the thread I linked with this (WIP) "Challenge Generator": [link] (check spoiler)

...and here's a screenshot of what it (currently) looks like:
Spoiler:

and my current progress is: Not even nearly halfway done >_<
1) I'm still trying to debug a few stuff regarding the Challenge Generator's coding (I might even have to rewrite everything from scratch, on another programming language... cause i messed up so bad in this one lol); and
2) I haven't even touched the team generator just yet - which is longer to code D':
3) I've also been busy with other stuff such as studies, gaming and watching movies... lmao. So this might take more than a week or two to finish.

Last edited:

11wildy

Me!
Years
I'm currently working on the challenge that gives you a different set of rules after every gym, taken from popular challenges.

So far I have: Monotype, Monocolor, No item, NFE, Solo and Nuzlocke.

Any other suggestions for challenges? Maybe a popular one I forgot about?

And a name would be nice too :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Interesting idea, it sounds very interesting to keep swapping challenge - I usually end up getting bored of the ones I do because they're all the same haha. You could add in a random team challenge where someone generates you a team and you have to ditch your team to use the new one?

11wildy

Me!
Years
Well, that would require a lot of effort in both hacking or catching the team, randomizing, being dependant of other people. My aim is to make it playable on cartridge, without needing other people to play.

Thanks for the input though! :D

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

@wildy every gym huh? from what i've collected so far in the whole challenge forum, you could probably add...
- Petit (non-evolved pokemon with a total of 330 stats or below)
- may only use pokemon owned by a certain Trainer Class (obviously, you gotta randomize a trainer class)
- May not use Dual-types (e.g Normal/Flying)
- Wedlocke/Must pair your pokemon
- must start again with lv5 pokemon (this could be harsh for late game though)
- change battle style to SET
- must use pokemon from your name's initials (well, PC name, cause someone might just name themselves "AAA" in-game)
- Gender-lock (may not use Male, or may not use female; again, randomized)
- Double-Trouble (my idea...not in any challenge yet) which forces one to use two of the same pokemon. lol. Might sound kinda boring, but it's fascinating to have two of the same Pokemon but with different movesets/roles.
- Type-locke ([link] explains it better)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back