• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sandstorm team for Subway

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
  • My Subway team is a Tyranitar, Exedrill combo. I'm having trouble with finding a third man. Exedrill is amazing but the shared weaknesses with Ttar are killing me. What is the best third man for this combo? Needs to hit Water type, Dragon Type, and idealy resist Earthquake.

Garchomp was strong but the shared weaknesses were too much. Reuniclus is preety good, but I'm not 100% on the moveset. I need a third man that can KO water and dragon pokemon.

Tyranitar@ Lum Berry
    Adamant - 252 atk, 252 speed
    Crunch
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake
    Fire Punch

Exedrill@ Air Balloon (to swich in to EQs aimed at Ttar)
    Adamant
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Sword Dance
    Rapid Spin

Reuniclus @ Toxic Orb
    Bashfull 252 Hp, 252 SpDef
    Psychic
    Focus Blast
    Energy Ball
    Recover

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    (note: Garchomp doesn't share a weakness with either Tyranitar or Excadrill - it still has difficulty beating things that beat those two, though)

I'd suggest Virizion as your potential partner. While it does lack a bit as far as physical defense (meaning you can't really switch it in on Earthquakes all the time), it's very fast and gets decent coverage with its moves. At the very least, it smacks the two types of Pokemon you want gone.

Virizion @ Life Orb/Leftovers
    nature: Timid
    evs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    ~ Giga Drain
    ~ Focus Blast
    ~ Hidden Power [Ice]
    ~ Calm Mind

If you can't RNG for Hidden Power or soft-reset or simply search the forums for one, then you might have to run something like Haxorus - it smacks everything really hard with its Outrage (even steel-types), though it is outsped by Salamence, Flygon, Garchomp, Lati@s (though I don't think they're allowed but idk) and Hydreigon. You could possibly run a Choice Scarf Haxorus if you would want. However, Outrage hits so hard that it can 3HKO Ferrothorn counting Leech Seed recovery (with Choice Band) - which is an amazing feat.

Back