• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Feature In A Hack?

Ty2

New Hacker and Working Hard
Years
  • What would be the best feature to be in a Pokemon Hack?

I have seen great features in hacks and Pokemon games.

So, what would be the best feature in your opinion to be in a hack?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    a lot of pipz, especially new ones aim to look at hacks at how well their graphics look.
    so if you wanna get newbie's attention, aim for graphics...
    some pipz aim to look at the story and the scripts.
    so if you wanna get their attention, do well in your story and execute them well in your scripts...

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    Best feature is definitely the scripting :D
    Cause thats what makes the difference really, well thats my opinion maybe mapping, and cool graphics :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2011
    Well, since my thread seems to not be getting approval from the moderators, I'll suggest a feature I was planning for my own hack (which I may not be doing).

To me, it is a bit boring how you always get the same choice of starters. I know, the idea is to make sure that the Rival has an equivalent starter (usually with a type advantage), but it's just so dull. I would like to see (and was planning to make) a hack where you get your starting pokemon by playing the Safari Game, or a similar process of hunting your own down. As for the Rival (if you even need one), I say give him Evee for multiple possibilities, or Sableye and have no weakness.

Of course, really any time the game departs from the traditional formula makes it more interesting. For instance, I love hacks with branching storylines!

Bolens

Soul Hacker
    Years
    • Age 30
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    I would have to say the graphics/scripting combo. The storyline draws the player in, then the graphics set the mood. Hook, line, and sinker.

Ty2

New Hacker and Working Hard
    Years
  • I'm sorry I didn't get to say my opinion. :D. I really think that having new rivals in your hack would be the best. Probably your rival could be a hero in a different Pokemon game.

TheRichar

Check my Thread :3
    Years
  • Oh this is an easy one... storyline, that's the most important feature in a rom hack, why, because the point of creating a hack is to use your imagination and share it with some other people, of course that's my opinion XD

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2011
    Haven't you heard the song? It's all been done before.
    I would say that doing it in a more interesting way than before is more the point.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Everybody, this thread is about a cool feature that you would like to see implemented in a hack, not which aspect of hacking is the most important. Scripting is not a feature; a minigame that is built with scripts is a feature.

Maybe they meant decent scripting. It's hard to find a hack with good scripts/grammar these days, so I suppose it could be considered as a feature. :D

Anyway... I love seeing unique features (Something like what Colcolstyles said), but not just that. Unique features as in "Wow, I can't believe they made something like that towork on a ROM!".

Back