• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*~*POKéMON GRAY VERSION*~*

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years

Pokémon Gray Version

Another adventure is calling for you!

Introduction

Hello, you probably know me as a hacker around here, as I've been here for almost 2 years (although I've been hacking longer than I've been here).

You might also know that I tend to change hacks quite often.

But, now I've become busier, and am starting to create Fangames, so my ROM Hacking "schedule" has gotten fuller.

Also, for a little heads up, I plan to make this has solely, although I will accept help from anyone willing to give it.

You also probably know me as the creator of some hacks such as Pokémon Mother of Pearl, Argon Version and Peridot Version.

Storyline

You start as a 13-year old boy/girl in Crimson Town, a place that has no exits and is trapped inside a large mountain.

You wake up, one day, in your room. It is a normal, beautiful, sunny day outside, so you decide to go for a little stroll around the area.

You notice a small opening, a little taller than yourself, in one of the mountainsides that surround Crimson Town, that has never been there before.
You get closer to check it out.

A man with glasses approaches you, and tells you not to go inside this cave, because wild Pokémon may attack you. He tells you that the cave opening was made by Team Rocket, a group of common criminals, in an attempt to get to Indigo Town. It seems that they've made it, too.

He says that if he wants to go in the cave, he should talk to Bruno, a past Elite Four member of the Kanto region. The man suddenly realizes that Bruno is actually inside the cave, so he says that he should quickly go inside and ask Bruno for a Pokémon.

So, you enter the cave, and you see Bruno nearby the entrance. You speak to him, and he explains to you about Team Rocket. He gives you a Pokémon... a Geodude, and asks if you can help him beat Team Rocket, who are blocking off the cave.

Now, you decide what happens next.

Technical Information

Codebase --> Pokémon FireRed Version (U) (BPRE)
Author --> Infernal Contraption
Current Version --> v0.2.4
Latest Release --> N/A

Development Watch

●●●●●●●●●●

Initial mapping and scripts are being worked on.
The first two maps have been completed.

Currently --> The script with Bruno and the Team Rocket blockade at Pyrite Cave is being made.

Screenshots

PokemonGray_01.png

The front of your house in Crimson Town.

PokemonGray_02.png

A small view of the Skyway Bridge's staircase and the scientist who is guarding it.

PokemonGray_03.png

Inside Pyrite Cave, and Bruno blocking the entrance, for the safety of innocent people.

Credits

Zel - A variety of tiles and palettes.

Jo3L - Some tiles and palettes. (From Pokémon Janza Islands.)

Years
wow it looks good i love the story and the screenshots but i dont like the middle one but could you include what features its got in the hack well good luck

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Could you be more specific, please? Why don't you like the second screenshot?
Just a heads up, it's got a tile error. XD

Also, sure, I'll eventually include that.

Years
Could you be more specific, please? Why don't you like the second screenshot?
Just a heads up, it's got a tile error. XD

Also, sure, I'll eventually include that.
well it has got a tile error and its got too much space i could make it better anyway by any chance does the second screenshots lead to that cave

if you need any help with mapping just ask

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Well, I'm fine with the "too much space thing", because, well, it's a mountain. :3

And, no, the second screenshot's staircase doesn't lead to the cave.

This does:
PokemonGray_01-1.png

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
oh ok but i think you should put a bit more cliffs on top of the cave.
anyway do you need any help
What do you mean? Normally, you only put more cliffs above a cave if it is in Ruby.

um... do you need an XSE scripter or mapper?
Hmm... You can maybe qualify for a scripter (I'm using PokéScript, but you can use XSE if you want). Also, I might need help with mapping or something.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Oh, trust me, I'll show you some sprites.
The sprites will be very similar to the current heroes, because they WILL BE the current heroes, but with different clothing.

Also, a small little update, the little blockade in Pyrite Cave:

PokemonGray_02-1.png
PokemonGray_01-2.png

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
What's going on? Team Rocket Grunts all over the cave...

wonder what they are doing?

Also, not just different clothing for the heroes,

maybe remove their hats as well (So they won't be similar for a bit.)?

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Don't worry, you won't fight ALL of the Team Rocket Grunts, Bruno will help you. ;)

Actually, I'm thinking of keeping the hat but maybe adding a different design.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
This hack is nice, if you need any help with your hack, then you should ask me. ;)
I like the Storyline and the tilesets, so it looks like Bruno is involved in it too. Well good luck. :)
Thanks a lot. I might need help, but I want to do as much as I can by myself.

Hope for some comments!

Last edited:
Back