• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tokyo Nights

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    So basically...this is a place to talk about all things Japan. Japanese food, music, anime, culture, whatever, you can talk about it here. And since we do have people that know the language a bit, we might be able to help anyone with any questions about that as well.

Members
    Leader:
    Kazuhito

Airashii
    Akinari
    Kyouraku
    Tomasu-san
    Supreme Edgeboy Max
    Paul

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • *waaanders in* I'm a member too. >:O Don't forget me, n00b.

Um, right. I'm here. o_o; I used to be omgobsessed with Japan until my second year of Japanese classes where it just kind of got annoying. D: Overall, it's still a really intriguing culture and the language is still fun to learn. ^_^; *likes translating things~*

And yay for no Japanese classes this Saturday because of Chinese New Year!

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023

You have no Japanese class because of the Chinese new year?

The hell? XD

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Um, yes. XD;

The school I take the course at teaches International Languages every Saturday--including Mandarin, Cantonese, etc. A lot of the people in that area are of Chinese descent so practically half of everyone there is Chinese. Hence why we all get the day off. =x (I think it also has to do with the fact that this is exam week in our school board.)

So yeah, no Japanese today. XD

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • Ok, so yeah, Japan. XD
    So yeah I am reading Memoirs of a Geisha right now! ^^ It is awesome. Has anyone seen the movie? I know it has Chinese actors, but it is still about japan.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I've seen bits of the movie, it came out last year in China, Japan and Korea and this year in the rest of the world. I really want to read the book, I've heard a lot of great things about it and loved everything that I saw of the movie.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • You really need to read the book more than watch the movie. I am a little less than halfway through the book, and it is just 100x better than the movie. Just amazing. The Washington Post Book World says "you are seduced completely" and that exactly how I felt from the first page.

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    Seduced? Sounds hot XD My sister read the book. She said that it's really good. I'm guessing it is, being that so many people love it.

Also, tsk tsk tsk. Forgetting the main supporter, are we? XD

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Got the book yesterday...read a few pages so far, it looks really good right now.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • Yay! XD I am starting a trend :P *not really* So yeah, Japan, again...I was planning on visiting New York after I graduate, but I think I might convince my mom to let me go there instead.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I wanna go sometime in the next four years, I'm probably going to Germany in the summer so it'll be a while before I have money.

Random topic, anyone like any Japanese music that isn't from anime?

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • Well since the only thing japanese that I watch is anime, I don't really have any other source for japanese music. But right now since I have been watching Noir alot, I have been listeing that that song...I love it...I wish I knew what it was called or who it was by.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
  • *beep* I totally forgot I was a Tokyo Nights member. Don't we get to wear cool Knight Costumes and prance about in the flowerbeds now? For me, well .. um .. I listen to lot of Japanese music, and I watch animes too. < < I tried to learn the language, but the book I'm trying to learn from isn't too 14-year-old's-mental-capability-friendly. o O;

Going with the topic, I like non-anime Japanese music like um .. L'arc-en-ciel, and then there's Ayumi Hamasaki's music that I love .. I'm not sure if they're featured in any animes though.

Back