• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2013
There are two ways that I know of:
The first would be to turn the trainer's Trainer Type into "Gym Leader" (or just "Leader", I don't remember which).
The second way is to replace the Trainer theme with the Gym Leader theme, but that make every regular trainer have the Gym Leader Theme.
By trainer type, do you mean the text that appears in when the fight starts? Because I changed that into Leader with A-Trainer as a test and it didn't seem to work. If you mean something else, could you please go into a bit more detail about it?

And no, I don't want to change every trainer's battle theme into the gym leader music. So the second option is out.

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2013
Maybe i just missed this, but what script code would be used to make your rival have the starter pokemon with the type advantage over yours?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
By trainer type, do you mean the text that appears in when the fight starts? Because I changed that into Leader with A-Trainer as a test and it didn't seem to work. If you mean something else, could you please go into a bit more detail about it?

And no, I don't want to change every trainer's battle theme into the gym leader music. So the second option is out.
Oh, whoops. WHOOPS. I feel...ashamed to be a scripter, now... (though I knew you wouldn't want the second option)

Here's the deal, this is a Gym Leader (courtesy of Diego):
trainerbattle 0x1 0x001 0x0 @before @after @later
Now, what this says isn't important, it's the "0x1" that we're interested in. Changing that to "0x0" would cause the music for a normal trainer battle to play, but 0x1, on the other hand, plays the Leader theme. In your case, we want to change the "0x0" to "0x1" on the trainer script. The best way to go about this would be to open the script with XSE (or some other script editor) and change it from there.

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2012
Hi guys. I've been working on a ROM hack and things are going pretty well except for one thing. For some pokemon, there's a glitch that occurs when I either try teaching it a new move, or go to its stats page and browse through the pokemon's available moves.

A screenshot of the glitch is attached to the post.

When that happens, I can't move my cursor or exit this screen, so the only way out is to restart the game.

If anyone knows of either a fix for this (if the error is common, though I haven't found anything like it while searching) or the offsets to the pokemon's move screens (if those exist), that would be very helpful, but any advice on this is appreciated.

Thanks!

EDIT: After playing around with this for a while, I found out it's not the pokemon causing this, but several moves when I go over them. Swords Dance and Cut are two of the ones that trigger this glitch. Is there an offset for a certain move in this status screen?

Last edited:

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Maybe i just missed this, but what script code would be used to make your rival have the starter pokemon with the type advantage over yours?

Set a different flag for each Pokemon. When the player chooses one, that flag will be set. Then, when it is your rival's turn to choose a Pokemon, do something like this:

Code:
#org @start
checkflag 0x500           '500 = Bulbasaur
if 0x1 goto @charmander
checkflag 0x501           '501 = Charmander
if 0x1 goto @squirtle
checkflag 0x502           '502 = Squirtle
if 0x1 goto @bulbasaur
end

#org @charmander
(Have rival walk up to Charmander's Pokeball)
hidesprite 0x(Charmander's Pokeball Person Event Number)
setflag 0x501
release
end

#org @sqirtle
(Have rival walk up to Squirtle's Pokeball)
hidesprite 0x(Squirtle's Pokeball Person Event Number)
setflag 0x502
release
end

#org @bulbasaur
(Have rival walk up to Bulbasaur's Pokeball)
hidesprite 0x(Bulbasaur's Pokeball Person Event Number)
setflag 0x500
release
end

I have a question as well. Does anyone know what song number Route 1 is in Sappy?

Last edited:
Years
[/url]

What does this part mean? How do you edit your offset? When I open my hex editor it doesn't allow me to edit the offsets.

You're not correcting the offset, but rather the pointer to the offset. So just replace the old pointer with the new one :)

EDIT: After playing around with this for a while, I found out it's not the pokemon causing this, but several moves when I go over them. Swords Dance and Cut are two of the ones that trigger this glitch. Is there an offset for a certain move in this status screen?

Have you tried checking them in any move editors? there might be a faulty pointer to their description or something. You could also use a hex editor and manually check all the move data and descriptions, too (the main offsets are in PGE's ini). Otherwise use a backup from when it worked, and check to see what you changed... maybe you overwrote some important data...

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2013
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I'll try it anyway.

So I was going to have a friend test the hack I'm working on, but for some reason his computer won't play the .GBA file. We've tried various things like using different versions of VisualBoy, but that didn't help. It keeps saying 'error opening image'. I tried playing it myself and it works just fine. A different friend tried it too and it works for him as well. This even applies when we're all using the same .GBA file straight from the Dropbox we're using.

So we're pretty much clueless. Any ideas anyone? Or maybe there's a different place where I should post this?

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
I have a question as well. Does anyone know what song number Route 1 is in Sappy?

That would be number 291.

Also, does anybody know how to move maps from one map to the other?
As such: I edit a map's coordinates to the map I want, but in game, on the world map I appear on the original map with those coordinates.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2013
Problem with the rom is now fixed, by the way. The problem was that I used an 'é' in the world Pokémon. So when he changed it to a regular 'e', it worked for some reason. No clue how that caused a problem, but it somehow did.

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2012
Have you tried checking them in any move editors? there might be a faulty pointer to their description or something. You could also use a hex editor and manually check all the move data and descriptions, too (the main offsets are in PGE's ini). Otherwise use a backup from when it worked, and check to see what you changed... maybe you overwrote some important data...

Thank you! I believe I got it working.

I ended up using the PGE .ini to find the attack description table and just copied pasted some hex from a clean rom to any differences from my hack.

blue

gucci
Years
What's the problem you need fixing?

Basically it's Fire Red, when I set the trainer class as "Leader" it just plays the normal trainer battle theme, I've previously created custom trainers and set the class as leader which worked fine but since making more it just doesn't seem to be playing the right music anymore. I've edited the money rate a couple of times and the unknown and music is 1 & 1 I think but there's something I've changed.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Basically it's Fire Red, when I set the trainer class as "Leader" it just plays the normal trainer battle theme, I've previously created custom trainers and set the class as leader which worked fine but since making more it just doesn't seem to be playing the right music anymore. I've edited the money rate a couple of times and the unknown and music is 1 & 1 I think but there's something I've changed.
You should check out the script of the trainer, the problem is probably there.

blue

gucci
Years
This is the script:

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
trainerbattle 0x1 0x15 0x0 @intro @defeat @after
msgbox @msg 0x2
end

#org @after
msgbox @msg2 0x2
end

#org @intro
= Hi! Allow me to introduce myself!\nI'm Norma and I love Normal types.\lI've been a Gym leader for quite\lsome time now so I've gained a\lpretty decent battle technique!\lPrepare yourself, really...

#org @defeat
= Losing to a champion is\nrespectable! We tried our best but\lit wasn't enough..

#org @msg
= Hehe! Did you enjoy my floor\npuzzle? Did it confuse you? I\linstalled it myself!

#org @msg2
= I will remember you [player], you're one\nof those special trainers who\ldon't come along all too often!

I don't know if something needs to be included to make the music occur i.e specialx176.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
This is the script:

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
trainerbattle 0x1 0x15 0x0 @intro @defeat @after
msgbox @msg 0x2
end

#org @after
msgbox @msg2 0x2
end

#org @intro
= Hi! Allow me to introduce myself!\nI'm Norma and I love Normal types.\lI've been a Gym leader for quite\lsome time now so I've gained a\lpretty decent battle technique!\lPrepare yourself, really...

#org @defeat
= Losing to a champion is\nrespectable! We tried our best but\lit wasn't enough..

#org @msg
= Hehe! Did you enjoy my floor\npuzzle? Did it confuse you? I\linstalled it myself!

#org @msg2
= I will remember you [player], you're one\nof those special trainers who\ldon't come along all too often!

I don't know if something needs to be included to make the music occur i.e specialx176.

The part I bolded in your post is the problem. Trainerbattles of type 0x1 DO NOT have the music and walking up part. If you NEED the script to be executed after you win the battle, change it to type 0x2. It will then do the music and walking up, as well as execute the script after victory.

Hope this helps.

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2013
Hi, I am looking for a hacking tool that let's me alter pokemon sprites for G/S/C.
I want to add a sprite to the game in place of another, anything like that around?
I saw a video showing Kirby in the game, and raquayza and stuff. Is it possible,
and can I have a link to the tool?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
How do you change the battle music for a single trainer into (for example) the gym leader battle music?

If you're both using Fire Red and still having problems then I would suggest using Mastermind_X's event music changer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back