• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Newer players starting out. Where should we start?

Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2012
Hi, I recently felt like playing Pokemon Cards after getting sucked in by watching several Pokemon TCG tournaments at a near video game store. I want to start playing and assembling my deck.

Which deck(s) should I buy? I already know the rules of the TCG, so the Starter Kit may not be necessary. And I heard the cards in it aren't that good anyways. Do you guys or "gurls" have any recommend buying a particular theme deck (or booster packs, individually,etc) I should purchase as my first? I don't want to play super competitive, just something that does well in local tournaments)?

Thanks! :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2012
I have recently just started to look at the pokemon tcg too. Fortunatly i have a friend who is very good at it and he gave me some tips. The sets he recommended for me were decks that involved Darkrai ex. For example Darkrai Hydreigon or Darkrai terrakion. I know for a fact there are tins with Darkrai ex in them but for the others im not quite sure. I hope this helped and good luck :)

Back