• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Storage Problems! (provisional name)

Q-Quan

Indigo, Unova and Kalos Champ
Years
  • Introduction
    You know the amazing technology of Pokémon, right? I mean, capture creatures in balls and store them on a PC. Amazing! So amazing that everybody uses it, like the Internet. But then, a few years after the events of Generations I to V... It stops working.

This is my first project, so I might fail at finishing it, and don't expect too much!

Info
    Spoiler:

Story
    Spoiler:

Features (marked with * means possible)
    Spoiler:

Collaborators
    Spoiler:

What's done
    Spoiler:

What's next on schedule
    Spoiler:

Known bugs
    Spoiler:

Why
    Spoiler:

Help needed
    Spoiler:

A few Screenschots are in Attachments: I'm not allowed to post URLs yet.

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen today
    I've moved this thread to the correct place. Resources is clearly not the place for it.

Q-Quan

Years
  • Oh, Thanks!
    I suppose it accidentally landed up there as I logged out and in while writing it.
    I'm sorry if it has caused any problems...

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Q-Quan, unfortunate that this started in the wrong place lol, but at least it made it's way here... You know, I like the way you've laid everything out, in your maps... Nice idea too with no storage, can you get this to work though? Ivy doesn't look like Ivy, I'm not sure there is a sprite out there for her, though I haven't looked... You don't plan on finishing this... Don't know what to say about that but, good luck anyway

Q-Quan

Years
  • Well, Nickaloose...
    Thanks for all the compliments. The storage basically works by a script on the PC. I can make a conditional branch like:
    If: (insert condition here) is ON
    (PC script)
    If else:
    Text: The PC doesn't work...
    The sprites for the professors are generic NPCs from Essentials. I in fact do want to finish it, but I don't know if I will achieve it.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Oh fair enough... Good luck.

I can imagine they are placeholders.

So the PC still works like normal, you just can't access it, I see what you're doing... What I would do is change how it works, make the box "full" with 0 Pokemon in it unless switch X is true/on, then box is useable... Make the same switch change the message from "box is full" to "there is no storage system" or something of the like... But your way is fine if it does what you want :)

Back