• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to change font colors.

Shoukien

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 1, 2012
Hello guys, Glad to be apart of the community!

I love making RPG's and stuff, and I been learning RGSS3 on RPG Maker VX Ace
for almost a month now.

I soon found out that RPG Maker XP had Pokemon Essentials so I just HAD to get it and make
the Pokemon game I always wanted.

However I kind of have a problem due to XP's scripts are a lot different then RGSS3 to me
and I cannot figure out how to change the text for the battle scenes.

I don't know if I am just plain dumb or if Pokemon Essential scripts differently.

Can someone explain how to change the color of the fonts in my Picture below?
I have ripped a few things from Pokemon Black 2, and edited to fit the battle scene but now the font looks weird, so I am trying to make the front White-ish.

------------
TL;DR Version
----------------------
I need help changing the font colors that are pointed in my image.

430127_237949769664986_685007903_n.jpg

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
PokeBattle_ActualScene, values BOXTEXTBASECOLOR and BOXTEXTSHADOWCOLOR. For the gender icons colours, search for @battler.gender==0.

Shoukien

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 1, 2012
PokeBattle_ActualScene, values BOXTEXTBASECOLOR and BOXTEXTSHADOWCOLOR. For the gender icons colours, search for @battler.gender==0.
Okay thanks, I got it to work.
Hope I can show off my RPG Making Skills, and another Pokémon game soon. (:

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2014
I also have the same problem but i don't get it where the values are..... I found the ones for gender but for the battle box, still can't find it....

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Look in the script section PokeBattle_SceneConstants. A bunch of things have been moved into there, including the font colours.

Back