• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Trainer Classes

Cid

Years
In almost every Generation, new trainer classes are introduced.

GenIBugcatcher.png
GenIFisherman.png

To name a few, with Gen I, we started with the Bug Catchers and Fishermen.

GSC_Schoolboy.png
GSC_Officer.png

Gen II came with School Kids and Officers.

RSE_TriathaleteSwimM.png
RSE_NinjaBoy.png

Gen III saw the arrival of Triathletes and Ninja Boys.

DPCowgirl.png
DPSocialite.png

Gen IV had additions like Cowgirls and Socialites.

With the Isshu region said to be far away from the past regions, what new trainer classes to you think we'd find?

Also, do you guys have ideas for any new trainer classes that they could add?
Or possibly, are you sick of the additions and want the developers to stick with the old ones?

Last edited:

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
Years
In almost every Generation, new trainer classes are introduced.

GenIBugcatcher.png
GenIFisherman.png

To name a few, with Gen I, we started with the Bug Catchers and Fishermen.

GSC_Schoolboy.png
GSC_Officer.png

Gen II came with School Kids and Officers.

RSE_TriathaleteSwimM.png
RSE_NinjaBoy.png

Gen III saw the arrival of Triathletes and Ninja Boys.

DPCowgirl.png
DPSocialite.png

Gen IV had additions like Cowgirls and Socialites.

With the Isshu region said to be far away from the past regions, what new trainer classes to you think we'd find?

Also, do you guys have ideas for any new trainer classes that they could add?
Or possibly, are you sick of the additions and want the developers to stick with the old ones?
Business man/woman! Its going to happen because of the footage they have shown us!

Years
I have to agree, there were boat loads of business people running around. It's hard to imagine that some of them wouldn't have Pokemon.

Other than that I can't think of anything else specific that they would add...

xDaisuke0

Aspiring Professor
Years
Nurse/Doctor? I dont know why but i want this o.o Don't know how they'd incorporate it though :\.
Cheerleader
Gymnast
Gardener or something of the sort who uses Grass Types.
Acrobat
Circus Folk :D

Cloudfall

Togekisser
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 9, 2011
How about Marketeers/Shoppers?

Lawl I don't know what to call them, but there seem to be tons of people walking around in some market-like area in one of the pics. :3

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
There was an awesome thread in PG about this awhile back...I can't find it though and the only suggestion I remember was my own...

Pokemon Strategists (jokingly referred to as smogonites):
appear as college-aged young adults carrying charts, notepads, and calculators. Often talk about how effective their pokemon's genes are and their devastating attack strategy. They often use three or more pokemon with w good balance between their typing. They will have AI somewhere between that of an Ace Trainer and a gym leader and their pokemon will occasionally be using an egg move. :P

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Businessmen with humanform Pokemon.
Gangsters with dark-type Pokemon, although that's a bit unlikely for the loltastically young audience Gamefreak tries to make the games for.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2015
Pokemon Trainers!!!!!!!!
the only ACTUAL pokemon trainers we had were: Red, Steven, & 1 other i cant think of at the moment

i think just plain, normal pokemon trainers should become more fruitful, itd make it more realistic :P

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
I actually like the ideas of a businessman class. They could perhaps use psychic pokemon (good with crunching numbers, forecasting changes in stock market, etc.).

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Businessman is a good one. But how about:

Taxi Cab Driver (it IS a big city)
Bridge Operator (somebody has to do it)
Skipper (since sailors already exist)

Garland

Rouge troll.
Years
Businessman/woman is the most likely. I think we'll probably be seeing Shopping Freaks or Shopaholics, etc.

Dragonika

Isshu Region Champion
Years
Hmmm well....

Gymnasts
buisness workers
market owners

BUMS for the back streets lmao with pokemon like skitty and houndoor :D

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
YES! Somebody else agrees with the taxi cab driver xD

Hmmm well....

Gymnasts
buisness workers
market owners

BUMS for the back streets lmao with pokemon like skitty and houndoor :D

Rattata makes more sense since they are known to hang around alleys. =p

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
Years
Pokemon Trainers!!!!!!!!
the only ACTUAL pokemon trainers we had were: Red, Steven, & 1 other i cant think of at the moment

i think just plain, normal pokemon trainers should become more fruitful, itd make it more realistic :P

Uhh, what about Lass/Youngster/Ace Trainers? Then again, those trainers don't really add much to the plot. 'cept maybe Joey

Businessman/woman is the most likely. I think we'll probably be seeing Shopping Freaks or Shopaholics, etc.
[

*imagines a sprite of a lady laden down with shopping bags* Lol!

Skateboarder/Rollerbladers wouls be a good idea. They should put Trialtheletes back in. Oh, and Scuba Divers if Dive returns...*can't think of anyone else at the monent*

Back