• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to insert animations in Emerald.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluffy Clouds

Is not really active.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 20, 2017
I noticed that alot of people were having trouble inserting animations, and I learned along the way on how to insert them properly. Here, I will show you how to do so:

Step one, open UNLZ:

35cgzrc.jpg

You'll see right here that the palette is garbled. Don't worry, it's normal.

Step two, insert your animation:

Inserting an animation is pretty easy. The top half of the image is the first frame, and the bottom half is the second frame. The image's attributes must be 64 (width) x 128 (height).

n5poab.png

Now, insert the image. Also, don't check the "Export Palette" box, because it won't serve a purpose here.

Now, if you encounter your Pokémon, you'll see that the animation works, but the palette is garbled with the pallete of the Pokémon that you replaced. Let's go into that, shall we?

Step three, replace the previous palette:

Since we replaced Tangela's animation with another, it still has Tangela's palette. in UNLZ, at number 1263, Tangela's standalone sprite is there, which contains the palette for the animation. Let's replace it.

2hd4e2f.png

Now, as the image shows here, check everything. Now test it again in-game, and you'll see that the palette is correct now! Congratulations, you successfully inserted an animation!

If the animation's palette is still not correct, check the animation's palette in a viewer (out of UNLZ.) They have to match to show correctly.

Don't ask about editing rotation or deformation when the animation starts, because I have no idea on how to edit that, nor do I know where that is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back