• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo Revolution/N5

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    They want it because it's marketed it to them. And a lot of those "features" don't hide the dated technology underneath. The features nor the graphics pull the people, it's the game, the marketing, the fandom.

Yes, Nintendo has stated more power has stopped wooing gamers. While it's nice to try new things, basing your entire platform onto them? Very very shaky foundation.

Carlito-san

Wooo! I'm from South Park!
    Years
  • I Did'nt make this topic to debate about the Future.I made it to Speculate what the N5's features,designs, and styles of play would be like.

Dratini927

Matt the Drat
    Years
  • I think it could mean we could have a touch screen as a controller. If they are taking away they standard moving, then...how else are you going to move? The touch screen would seem like the only logical way of moving then. Unless Nintendo is going to figure out, and show us some new way of maneuvering in the game, the touch screen would be possibly the only way to move. Unless the system itself is going to be some futuristic model that we have never seen before in a gaming system.

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
  • Dratini927 said:
    I think it could mean we could have a touch screen as a controller.

Na. Nintendo have already rubbished that. It'll have nothing to do with any touch-sensitive stuff.

Carlito-san

Years
  • Maybe a eyetoy type thing in the controller?Heat sensors?Mind reading stuff?(that's possible,it was on FOX news)

Dratini927

Matt the Drat
    Years
  • Hmm, then we'll just have to really wait and see. We do have some thoughtful ideas here, and when we get more information on this new system, I'm sure at least someone here will have had an idea that is actually true about it.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • Kairi said:
    I -do- have an open mind, and I?m not saying the innovations are poor. I don?t have the right, nor do you to say the DS?s are good. There aren?t enough games out yet to make that call.

They are however, risky, in the sense they?re very new and much different. And what this article states is the next Nintendo Console is going to tamper with the very fabric of gaming that has done so much for us over the past twenty years. Again?risky, and IMO not the smartest move.

The graphic style in TWW wasn?t an original venture. Others had done cel-shading before. ?Old-school? is part o Nintendo?s appeal, I wouldn?t think you?d condemn it.
    It was, however, the first time it was applied to a zelda game, plus Cel-shading was rarely used before and was seen as a risky innovation, much like you think the DS is. In fact, I would venture to say it was thanks to WWs success that increased the number of cell shaded games on the market, the newer Budokai games for one.

and you contradict yourself. If you think neither of us can judge the DS since it just came out, than you have no right to judge the Nintendo Revolution and call it a bad move when for right now all this is is speculation. The system doesn't even have an specs provided. :\

And there is a difference between "Classic" and old school". "classic" means long lasting franchises that have proven themselves worthy over the years. the way you defined "Old school". "Old school." is just plain old. like the original NES with it's 8 bit graphics and plain storylines. In comparison to modern gaming, that is nothing. And that is old school. And as the years progress, what we have now is starting to look old school. I say Nintendo is making the right move deciding it's time to move on to the next step.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Pogiforce-14 said:
    It was, however, the first time it was applied to a zelda game, plus Cel-shading was rarely used before and was seen as a risky innovation, much like you think the DS is. In fact, I would venture to say it was thanks to WWs success that increased the number of cell shaded games on the market, the newer Budokai games for one.

and you contradict yourself. If you think neither of us can judge the DS since it just came out, than you have no right to judge the Nintendo Revolution and call it a bad move when for right now all this is is speculation. The system doesn't even have an specs provided. :\

And there is a difference between "Classic" and old school". "classic" means long lasting franchises that have proven themselves worthy over the years. the way you defined "Old school". "Old school." is just plain old. like the original NES with it's 8 bit graphics and plain storylines. In comparison to modern gaming, that is nothing. And that is old school. And as the years progress, what we have now is starting to look old school. I say Nintendo is making the right move deciding it's time to move on to the next step.
    That wasn't contradicatory at all, she just said it would tamper with the way most games have been known to run, anything that isn't part of the handheld world at least.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • she is contradicting herself, because she said it isn't right to judge an innovations so fairly new and then goes and judges a system not even out yet as a bad idea.

If that isn't contradictory, then I guess instead it would be called "not practicing what you preach."

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    She didn't say it would make it a bad system, just that it would really change the way something works. And it will, I mean this seems like a REALLY unneeded change.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • Kairi said:

They are however, risky, in the sense they?re very new and much different. And what this article states is the next Nintendo Console is going to tamper with the very fabric of gaming that has done so much for us over the past twenty years. Again?risky, and IMO not the smartest move.

Right there she basically condemns the new innovation of the Revolution as a bad idea before the sytem is even made. So yes, she did not "practice what she preached."

frankly, that sort of conservative attitude doesn't run a game company. The make their living coming up with innovations.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • That I believe it would. BEcause that and Halo is all that is truly Carrying Xbox IMO, I think it would be a good addition to the Nintendo REvolution.

Carlito-san

Years
  • it will be.The DS willbe online,the GBE will most likely be online,this will likely go online.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Ya, not sure about the GBE though. But this one should be online, there would have to be a bigger amount of good games that'd play well online.

Back