• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Ability Discussion

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
Years
Weather Man (Person): An ability that spiratically changes the weather randomly every couple turns.

I can't remember some of my other ideas but I always thought this would be pure random fun, nothing like having a Sandstorm, Ice Storm, thundershower all to have it turn to a nice sunny day for a couple turns before the fog comes in. :P

Years
New abilities?

what can you think for new abilities in generation 5? I can think of 2 for legendaries.

1) Chronoforce - The ability will be determined depending on the time of day or night, and changes every 2 or 4 hours
2) Hypercharge - Beam moves such as Hyper Beam do not need to recharge when first used in battle.

what else can you think?

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
Years
I'd certainly love to see something like this ability:
Preposterous - The user makes 2 attacks per turn.

A Pokémon with sub-par stats could use this pretty well. And many player's would use it.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2010
Zoroark - the star of the forthcoming Pokémon Ruler Of Illusion: Zoroark movie - will be able to call on this ability which enables it to transform into various Pokémon.

Years
here's another one I can think of, although it could work as an Item as well.

True Power - When using Secret Power, the Attack will become the element of the implied move as opposed to being just a normal move.

Jerme

stupid
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010

A Pokémon with sub-par stats could use this pretty well. And many player's would use it.

i was about to say hell no, but then shuckle came to my mind. but it is kinda OP though

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2011
I would have just one

Preference: If this pokemon is holding a berry, the effect of the berry can be used multiple times without the berry being lost

Chaos190

Likes to Hack Pokemon
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2016
Here are abilities for some pokemon.

Power Up:
Everyturn the user's Pokemon loses 1 speed level and gains 1 attack level.

Blazing:
Once a turn the Pokemon's fire attacks will x by 0.32

Cross Hold:
Prevents all Pokemon from using Protect and Detect.

Steel Stone:
Increases all Pokemons on the user's sides defense by 0.5

Freeze Off:
Prevents all Pokemon in the user's party to be frozen

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2015
Starlight:
protects pokemon from status conditions, lowering of stats, & increases chances of added effects (only for jirachi)

Thunderhead

Ride the Lightning
Years
Frostbite - If this Pokemon is attacked, it will become frozen (10% chance)

Mental Touch - If attacked by a special attack, the Pokemon that used the attack will become confused (20%)

Blindness - Every turn the Pokemon accuracy falls, but all its stats increase by 2 or 1

Avoidense - If there is an attack that can be avoided (Surf, Rock Slide, Earthquake, or any attack that effects the whole feild), this Pokemon will always avoid them.

Taunting Stance - Lowers pokemons defenses.

Loud Call - Sound Base attacks do double damage, double the effect, and have double accuracy

Transfer - If this pokemon is effect by a status, it is transferd over to the pokemon that gave it too you. Preventing status

Fastpace - Moves that attack first do double damage.

xDaisuke0

Aspiring Professor
Years
Yes, way too unbalanced !_!

Here's some alright ones I can think off:

Magnetize - Electric moves will only hit this Pokemon and will be absorbed as HP (Good for Electrics and some Rock/Ground types too?)

Plant Growth - Any Water-type move used on this Pokemon will raise a random stat. (Only Grass types)

Shield - This Pokemon has a 30% chance of the opponent's move doing half it's damage.

Babysit - The foe has a chance of refusing to attack this Pokemon. (Only Babies!!!) :O

Years
id like to see more versions of volt absorb, like one for fire types (they need all the HP they can get) and for maybe grass

Pitch Black- multiplies the users dark type moves 1.5x at night

and torrent/swarm/blaze/overgrow versions for the other types. ;)

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
yeah i do want some..

Motor drive version of poison
sleep walk - increases speed if put to sleep
cautious - reduces accuracy of foes attack

There r plenty more...but these are the one i really want

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years

I like this, actually, but the stats have to be preposterous...ly low. BST of like 250 or something. :D

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2022
I would like to see Gravitational pull it allows flying types to get hit by ground type moves

THIS IS MY FIRST EVER POST!!!

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Ultra heat: Decrease water type effectiveness by 50% and fire type move deal normal damage against water type

Back