• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poke-FAIL!

Minato Arisato

Memento mori...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
I chained Skiddo and found myself a shiny. Accidentally hit the run button. No biggie, I said to myself. I decided to chain for it again and was successful.

...I hit the run button AGAIN.

Years
Well my first shiny I ever encountered was a skorupi in the safari zone. I threw bait to keep it there, but it ran anyway.

Also a friend of mine killed a shiny nosepass that was in a horde because he didn't realize bubble attacked all the enemies

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
So many people mentioning missed shinies. :P To this day, I don't think I've ever even seen a shiny.

Or I might have encountered one where the differences were so subtle I missed it without even knowing.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I KO'd a shiny Steelix which I found in Victory Road in my Platinum Version.
My Garchomp scored a critical hit with a Dragon Claw, I can't believe it just wiped it out with over 75% of it's HP left!

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
Years
Not my fail, but a friend's. The most recent Pokemon game she had played was Platinum, and she really knew nothing about Generations V and VI. But after hearing about how awesome X and Y are, she decided to borrow another friend's copy of X last week. She was having a blast, especially since like, a third of the Pokemon she was encountering were completely new to her.

She was playing and Skyping with me at the same time, so she was a little distracted when she found a wild Swirlix. She told me how cute she thought it was, and I replied that I was planning to shiny hunt one. She asked what the shiny looked like, and by this time the wild Swirlix was long gone. I sent her a picture. She responded with profanity and tears, upon realizing that the one she just killed had been shiny.

Years
I kept looking for a pokemon (forgot which exactly) in my Diamond game. I had been doing this for a while so i just mainly looked at whatever pokemon before fleeing.

Then suddenly, a shiny budew appeared. I clicked run and that's when I fully processed that it was a shiny!

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
I remembered having to knockout the three lake guardians back in Platinum cause I need their seen Pokedex to go to the rest of the Battle areas. I knocked out both Uxie and Azelf but Mesprit was roaming so I could get it's seen without knocking it. After soem time I realized that I could have caught them w/o a Master Ball by using Dusk Balls. I felt very upset, and you know what I did, upon encountering Mesprit again, I decided to knock it out to put it out of it's misery (and also mine DX) I never managed to get my hands on any of the Lake Guardians up until B2W2.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 19, 2022
When first played pokemon Yellow I could not get out of the house in pallet town.

I am SO glad that I am not the only person in the world to not be able to find their way out of the house. xD My first game was yellow, and I swear I was in that house forever trying to find a way out, I finally went and asked my older sister, who got Silver, how she got out of the house. xD I guess that is my biggest fail, I was 8 at the time.

Another fail wasn't really my fail, well I guess kind of, but I had let my little sister play on my pokemon game for a few minutes, I told her specifically "do not use my master ball, and do not save my game". That was on emerald. Guess what happens? She used my master ball on a freaking rattata, and then proceeds to save the game. So later on in the game, I'm not even exaggerating, I spent 2-3 weeks trying to catch Rayquaza. He would just break out of every ball I threw at him, I'd have to restart, try again, he would not stay in there. Finally caught him on vacation and screamed really loud. (I was around 11-12 at that time)

Those are the only ones I can really think of at the time, my memory does not serve me well.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
My biggest fail is in Y wherein I was walking in Terminus Cave coz I thought you had to go through there to reach Couriway Town and I got lost twice that I had to walk back to the entrance coz I dont have Escape Ropes and when I walk south of the cave in that Route, BAM, Couriway was there.

I literally facepalmed after that.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
I left an Abra at the Day Care in Yellow so I wouldn't have to level it up. I completely forgot about it and ended up leaving it there until I went to put a Ponyta in. It grew sixty-eight levels while in the Day Care and I didn't have the money to take it back, so I just left it there and went to train Ponyta somewhere else.

More recently, I was playing X and was hatching Tyrunts so I could chain breed the Fang moves onto it. After almost thirty males, I finally got a female. I Wonder Traded away all thirty of my males, including an Adamant natured male that I really wanted to keep. To make matters worse, I got a crudely nicknamed Scatterbug in exchange for it that I released because of its nickname. It's against the rules to say the Scatterbug's nickname on this forum. I want my Tyrunt back...

Back