• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Google or Bing?

Bing or Google?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Let's put it like this: when I first heard about the rebranding of Live Search to Bing a couple of weeks ago, do you know what my first instinct was? I Googled "Bing".

Yeah... Sorta sums it up.
    Well no, you can't Bing for Bing without knowing the URL, so have to use something else to find out what it is.

Years
  • Well no, you can't Bing for Bing without knowing the URL, so have to use something else to find out what it is.

...As opposed to simply typing it into my URL bar, where it should redirect me to the site. The point was that my use of Google is so instinctive that it seems highly unlikely that I'll switch.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • bing has major malware issues (including taking over browser search options) and really is just a rename of M$'s live search which is a rename of the MSN search.. etc.

Google all the way (and the ONLY way)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Bing seems to think I'm from the UK since I can filter my searches by "show all" and "only from the United Kingdom". Hm.

Anyway, I stick with google for most searches but I've actually switched my main image search engine over to Bing for a while--it's a lot better than Google Images. :B

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Put it this way...
    I have never heard of Bing until this moment in time.
    ^that

I tried it, and the interface isn't that great. The link to MSN bugs me. I searched chair on both. Bing is simpler because, although both Google and it found the Wiki article first, its second hit is chair.com. That's indicative of simplicity if you ask me...

Doodles forever!

Years
  • I really think you should mention in the OP that Bing is "Live/MSN Search" I like how they try to pretend it's not a Microsoft product. I personally preferred Live Search to Bing, but I'll stick with Google for the time being.

Hell, Google is so widely used, I've heard some people use the term interchangeably with Internet. Obviously, they have no idea what they're doing, but still...

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Definitely Google. You say "Google it" and not "Yahoo it". xD

^ I still feel the same way, even though that was another poll. Google is still the main search engine I use, Bing.. I started hearing about it last month, but I can't be bothered changing. And all my browsers have Google as their default.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • Bing is the new MSN search engine correct? I think I looked at it about two weeks ago and have been using Google still.

Back