• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Live Action movie fanfic

TTYO

Old Timer
Years
  • Hi, I have not been here or touched Pokemon for the longest of time.
    I have an old fanfic idea which I am planning to revive.

The backstory is set somewhere after the A.D timeline after a mass extinction called the HICC* extinction event. Humans managed to survive in artificial shelters and when the climate stablized those who survived found that the animals that we are familiar with, Tiger to rhinos to Pandas all became extinct. Just when all hope was lost some scientists found DNA labs and databases all over the planet documenting species that lived before the HICC. But then with some data and power to resurrect animals from the dead, it began to corrupt the morals of those scientists.

HICC* Human induced Climate change- something like Day after Tomorrow but much much more severe.

Then fast forward to 20 years from the discovery, the protagonist works in some day job, perhaps a zookeeper. Then one fine day, they get a new comer; a strange yellow mustelid or raccoon with electrical tendencies. The zoo thinks it's a new undocumented species.

Then meanwhile strange animals along side resurrected animals like robin, deer.etc come into conflict with human beings; guns do not work for those strange animals.

During the journey, the protagonist meets Fern, a secret agent working for the GEO Hunters. In my fanfic at first, the Pokemon or Pocket Monsters are called GEOs[Genetically Enhanced Organisms]. Apparently, Prof.

I am looking for friendly and constructive criticisms over here. Those who do not agree with my ideas do make yourselves scarce and those will something constructive to say are welcome here. So far I am in need of opinions of which human characters are iconic to the franchise and the games and which Pokemon have to be in if this were a real Pokemon Live Action movie.etc

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • It's an interesting idea, but there's a few questions that are popping up in my head right away:

1. This implies that Pokémon came about pretty much in the present day of the story. What about Pokémon that have been extinct for millions of years (like Kabuto, Anorith, et cetera)?

The problem with the above question lies in the fact that when you write in a certain franchise, the fans of that franchise expect that you're following canon. As in, Pokémon fans assume that the basic truths of Pokémon (like it's set in a world where there's always been Pokémon, one way or another) still exist. To take Pokémon, then, and set it in a completely different world without explanation would probably confuse the reader to all ends.

2. Is the climate still whacked out at the time of the story? Tiny point, but it could make things interesting. It's only been twenty years since the catastrophes, so one would assume that there's still a lot of clean-up to do (including in human society... or what's left of it, anyway).

In all, it's not the first live-action Pokémon idea in which people have Pokémon just suddenly appear in present-day (after having never existed in the past), but as I've said, it may or may not work, depending on whether or not you explain that this world =/= the Pokémon world we're all familiar with. This could go into your explanation as to how Pokémon suddenly came about, or it could simply go into the first part of your story.

Good luck.

TTYO

Old Timer
    Years
  • Thank you for your support.

As for the Pokemon's appearance in the real world, I think for the first half will be kept in secret until later when the protagonist, Satoshi, comes in contact with the GEO Hunters whose's Board of Directors involve Oak, Elm and Rowan. etc

For Climate wise, it now stablized to be like a 100 years ago but then the world map is slight different but no Kanto,Johto.etc

As for the existence of Pokemon, it turns out some of the higher scientists believe that the resurrected animals would not be able to adapt to a whole new world ravaged by climate change. One of them was more extreme, he felt that if they just plainly resurrected the animals by the book; People are just going to wipe them out the same and then rely on the database to keep the number up and this according to some of my biology guys I consulted can result in population crash overtime. So this guy along with some others decided to give animals the power to fight humans.

Some zoology and food web dynamics will be incorporated to make Pokemon feel more than just a lab created species. In a way, they will be like taking the niches of certain now extinct animals and also create newer niches that never existed before.

Last edited:

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • This vaguely reminds me of Icomeanon6's fic 'Kanto the Disputed Frontier'. It was very well written with great science to boot.

On the matter of your fic on the other hand, I kind of like the idea of newly ressurected Pokemon though. This however, would be an AU of the Pokemon Universe which is in fact, an AU in its own right. Lulz just had to put it there.

In the case of scientists creating pokemon, why not you bring in the UN or something similar into this story. Maybe a few protests once the word is out. Conlict resolution with these new creatures. There are many possibilities for this type of fic.

However, like Valentine/Jax said,
    1. This implies that Pokémon came about pretty much in the present day of the story. What about Pokémon that have been extinct for millions of years (like Kabuto, Anorith, et cetera)?

The problem with the above question lies in the fact that when you write in a certain franchise, the fans of that franchise expect that you're following canon. As in, Pokémon fans assume that the basic truths of Pokémon (like it's set in a world where there's always been Pokémon, one way or another) still exist. To take Pokémon, then, and set it in a completely different world without explanation would probably confuse the reader to all ends.

Yes it's true, unless you can come up with a suitable explanation, your fic might not make it that far.
    Regardless, Good Luck!

TTYO

Old Timer
    Years
  • Thank Neo Groudon.... And also watch out for Groudon if this fic takes off well

Ok the UN and all world govts do not exist. democracy or communism states all perished in the wrath of an enraged Mother Nature. Even Al Qaeda perished. So Climate change made the humans solved all of their feuds involving religion, idealogy.etc that plagued mankind for centuries.

As for govt wise it's a world govt not just a govt of several countries. but it's best to keep this out of the reader's mind.

As for the prehistoric Pokemon, they are like what a character from Jurassic Park 3 said, "Genetically Modified Theme Park Monsters"

Since Pokemon is the brainchild of Satoshi Tajiri and his friends, and they are conjuring this over pixels and Game coding. Imagine what my fic characters can do with over 10000 terabytes of DNA data of animals and plants.

Legendary Pokemon on the other hand will not be considered legends but rather as so called highly evolved/designed GEOs and are used as Habitat Guardians having a sorta behaviour encoded in their DNA to fight off anything including humans that threaten their food supply and home.

TTYO

Old Timer
    Years
  • Hey guys I wonder if I can add sorta like aspect from the Trainer-oriented story with aspects of Pokemon Ranger where the conservation and science is more prominent.

Back