• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Real-Life Encounters?

Keitaro

Urashima
Years
  • PC? Sadly no, online? I had one recently about 4 months ago. I've known him for 14 years in fact. He stopped by while heading to a wedding and I took him out for lunch drove him around town, even got in few games. It was short, but fun and plan to meet up again. Surreal would be the word I would use to describe the experience. I'm in Ottawa area; he's in Toronto area so weird how it took that long for us to meet. The time I was in Toronto he was sick so reasons like that contributed.

Southueki

Writer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2014
    There aren't that many members from Europe, let alone Portugal.

So no, I doubt it

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I think the staff member Went is from Spain, specifically Madrid, maybe you could bring your neighbour some delicious Portuguese food sometime! ^.^
    Went moved to Argentina, which is quite a ways from Portugal.

I actually did meet someone from PC (and other forums), though she hasn't been active on PC for a few years now. We've known each other for over seven years now and talked to each other nearly every day as she bounced around the United States. Finally, she moved to about two hours away from where I am, so I planned a family trip up there to meet up with her. We walked around all day, as comfortable with each other face-to-face as we are on the computer.

Other than that, anyone else around me is too far away or too difficult for me to get to. (Though I could get to NYC, it's way more work than I can currently put in.)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I've met up with a friend from New Zealand who's been on PC/other forums, when she had a trip to Sydney. There were two meet ups, and the second sadly didn't go too well (other people were involved and stuff happened), but oh well, at least the first one was decent. Certainly would like to meet up with people I've only known online again.

In high school I met a couple other students in other grades who happened to be on PC too, but I had never talked to them before, so I don't feel that counts.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I met Strawberry today. Oh god, we had a lot of fun, primarily obsessing over plushies and finding where exactly she and her boyfriend parked their car. :P Oh, and some other stuff. :3 We are soooooo going to make this a thing.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Haven't met anyone from PC yet, but will pretty soon. Few people I'm planning to meet are Dakota, Strawberry, and Sheep, as they all live in New York (well, except for Strawberry—she's in NJ, I think, but still pretty close).

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • I met Strawberry today. Oh god, we had a lot of fun, primarily obsessing over plushies and finding where exactly she and her boyfriend parked their car. :P Oh, and some other stuff. :3 We are soooooo going to make this a thing.

Haven't met anyone from PC yet, but will pretty soon. Few people I'm planning to meet are Dakota, Strawberry, and Sheep, as they all live in New York (well, except for Strawberry—she's in NJ, I think, but still pretty close).

Man, I'm jealous! I wanna meet Strawberry :(.
    Also, I've been to New York. New York and New Jersey aren't that far away with the train stations and stuff! I miss it. I'd like to go back sometime. It's such a fun city. I went to the old Yankee Stadium and got an autograph from Mariano Rivera and Derek Jeter (:.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    I haven't run into anyone, but I'd be more than willing -- I'd never pass up the opportunity to meet new people, especially from a great place like this.

I live in NY. Anyone feels like a rendezvous, hit me up!

Years
  • I haven't run into anyone, but I'd be more than willing -- I'd never pass up the opportunity to meet new people, especially from a great place like this.

I live in NY. Anyone feels like a rendezvous, hit me up!

Where in NY?

I've never met anyone from PC in person, but back a few years ago when I was on a forum for the Philadelphia Flyers, I had an encounter with a member at a game, so that was pretty cool.

Years
  • Boy, I will smack you if you say you live in New York City, I've been trying to get people to meet up for WEEKS now.

I wish I went to school closer to the city, but I'm probably gonna apply for jobs in NYC. It would be cool if I could be in an area with so many PC'ers.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Nope, I've never met anyone from here irl. My best friend and I used to write on a forum together, but that was back in Middle School days. Now I've move, and haven't talked to him in a while. I don't think anyone here lives in Kentucky. :c

Back