• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adding fan lore to your hack...

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2024
    I like adding things from the pokemon series that may not be in the games or even in official pokemon world...

jurachi is from space right... so in my hack I have a meteorite that you can enter and pick up a jirachi egg... makes since but its more talked about in the anime than the games...

then there is ditto... with all the coincidences between him and mew, I altered his pokedex data to reflect the fan based lore that he is a failed attempt at cloning mew...

you know, he has the same weight, same color, only 2 pokemon that know transform, he can copy moves, mew can learn them all, not to mention the fact that mew is supposed to have every pokemons dna and ditto can breed with anything...

Ditto.PNG

I just wanted to know if anyone else uses unofficial lore in their games or how the community feels about such things...

(sort of like the meme thread)

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    I don't really like adding fanlore unless the author of the hack states that its a different universe in which the author decides everything, then I'm fine with it in that context.

If you read ALL of the diaries on Cinnabar Island's Pokemon Mansion, then you should have the following information:

*A Mew was discovered, in Guyana, South America, "deep in the jungle" (possibly Faraway Island from Pokemon Emerald), on July 5th
    *Later around February, Mew was cloned, and then they impregnated Mew with a cloned embryo
    *Mew actually gave birth to Mewtwo

Ditto is not mentioned anywhere within the journals, not to mention Ditto is a fairly common Pokemon. And also, Mew isn't extinct, the journals in the Pokemon Mansion directly contradict that.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2024
    I don't really like adding fanlore unless the author of the hack states that its a different universe in which the author decides everything, then I'm fine with it in that context.

If you read ALL of the diaries on Cinnabar Island's Pokemon Mansion, then you should have the following information:

*A Mew was discovered, in Guyana, South America, "deep in the jungle" (possibly Faraway Island from Pokemon Emerald), on July 5th
    *Later around February, Mew was cloned, and then they impregnated Mew with a cloned embryo
    *Mew actually gave birth to Mewtwo

Ditto is not mentioned anywhere within the journals, not to mention Ditto is a fairly common Pokemon. And also, Mew isn't extinct, the journals in the Pokemon Mansion directly contradict that.

well folowing the lore from the movie it makes since, and if we take that discovering its DNA means discovering it they may have never actually had a mew, and i have read many times mew "giving berth" interpreted in many different way...

plus it says nowhere that mew was impregnated with a cloned embryo (your speculation) or even that he was cloned at all... unless you go with what the movie said. it simply says it gave birth... dern thing musta been pregnant when they found it (if you wanna say they got a live one)

but if its that fussy to you... I have changed the lore in the pokemon mansion to match the lore from the movie ;)

finding dna, instead of a pokemon, and cloning instead of birth...

for instance... if mew gave birth to mewtwo, physical birth(without man interruption)... why on earth do they look nothing alike, and mewtwo does not evolve into mew...

why is it speculated that ditto is a failed mew clone... well mew is supposed to have every pokemons DNA... thus he knows transform, if you were to try and create a mew, why not take every pokemons DNA and mix it all up... you might have something that looks like a ditto... a blob of DNA knowing the move transform (able to call on any portion of DNA it needs to change into another pokemon)

so your speculation on empregnating mew with its own cloned embryo is lacking ALOT compared to the speculation that mew and ditto are somehow related the similarities are FAR too many (i mean come on they weigh the same and everything)

PLUS by claiming the ditto is a failed clone of mew does not state that mew was not cloned (by empregnating it with its own cloned embryo (which is how cloning works with a live subject)) it simply states that they tried and failed atleast once creating a ditto which is able to breed... most clones do fail... and most that dont are sterile... maybe they got one that failed but wasnt sterile...

BOOM speculation

(we as the player know mew isnt extinct, because he is catchable in the game... but he is thought to be extinct... in the lore... from the movie...)

EDIT: as far as the "journals" not mentioning ditto... who makes a "journal" with only 1 sentance in it... these are entire books laying on a table, the player reads one line... chances are their failures are talked about in much more detail earlier in the journals (or later, depending on which one you are reading)

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've actually been considering this for a while. I think it depends on your approach to hacking.

From what I've seen, hacks like Azure Horizons and rijonAdventures try to appear like official games, so I think including headcanon kind of breaks that suspension of disbelief.

Hacks like Snakewood, or other self-referential hacks or hacks that don't take themselves as seriously, though, I think are perfectly acceptable to have headcanon in.

In a way, it is sort of like including fakemon.

Also, with regards to the Mew argument, there is the belief that "giving birth" was only a metaphorical wording, but then why would they speak in riddles in a scientific log? Dunno.

Junichi Masuda was once asked if that was intentional and he said he never heard of the rumour, which doesn't mean it's untrue because he wasn't involved with the creation of either Mew or Ditto, but the evidence is very prevalent.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    From Bulbapedia:
    According to the scientific logs found in the Pokémon Mansion of Cinnabar Island, Mewtwo was born of a pregnant Mew, found deep in the jungles of Guyana, whose embryo had been tampered with to alter its DNA. It was held and studied in the mansion where the scientists, including Blaine and Mr. Fuji, performed horrific gene-splicing experiments that made it vicious and extremely powerful. It eventually broke free of the Mansion, destroying it in the process, and fled. It can be encountered in Cerulean Cave, accessible only after a Trainer has proven his or her skill at the Indigo Plateau.
    It wasn't my speculation at all, its speculation that I read that sounds the most logical to me, considering the content that the game already gave us. (games =/= anime)

Back