• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did you know about Purugly?

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Hahaha, that's pretty silly! But I agree with Cassino's interpretation of the Speed stat, where it means speed during battle (as in speed in firing off attacks and stuff) rather than actual speed in a race.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
A stuck-up cat wearing a girdle moves faster than a speeding Dragonite? Pokemon can be weird sometimes lol

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'm firmly behind the idea that you can't listen to anything the Pokedex says about any Pokemon because it was written by a 10 year old.

"Dragonite you're so fast! I bet you could fly around the world in SIXTEEN HOURSSSSS!!!"

Killalao

Sureal killer of darkness
Years
I think the best way to explain this, is that Sure, maybe it is that fast, but, can it keep it up, maybe it can only run so fast for so long until it gets tired and has to rest, The speed stat, in the game, in a sense, doesn't just refer to the actual speed of the pokemon. In a realistic sense, it would also include things such as reaction time, or how long it takes for the pokemon to understand and perform your commands. And in a realistic view, No human or animal can run at full speed indefinitely. Endurance or stamina, is not something that is used in the game, but may be able to apply a logical explanation as to why it is so fast.

Back