• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to create the "curvy text" for title screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cursed

Godking Ragnarok CXVII
Years
A lot of people try to make their text curve like how the original gameboy advance pokemon games for title screens. Here's how I do it.
1. Open microsoft word. Not appleworks or any other word processor.
2. Click on the word art button(it looks like a 3d letter "A" facing the southwest)
3. Choose the type of Word art you wish(if you're still wanting to make the curvy text, take the arch shape)
4. In the next dialogue box, input your game's title.
5. At this point, you may be asking something like "Hey! my wordart isn't in the same color scheme as the Pokemon title screens'! Why not?" Well, you should double click the word art and select the main color to be white and the outline color to be black.
6. Make sure the word art is small.
7. Select the word art and press ctrl + "X" to cut it.
8. open your title screen image and press ctrl + "V" to paste it on the image
9. Using the line tool, trace the inside of the border until it is at optimal thickness, then trace it on the top and right sides of the inside with a light grey for the shadow.
10. Simply finish your title screen and insert it into your game.

Note: Some versions of microsoft word don't give you the initial choice of making an upside-down "U" shaped pattern, so if that happens simply change your wordart's shape in the wordart toolbar.

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2007
hmm is there any recommanded tools for it?
Cause i need help changing my title

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back