• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

new hacker

xboxmandude

Rom Hacker
Years
Hello everyone...
I've recently started hacking gba roms... Ive pretty much learned the basics.
Like editing what people say, changing the pokedex to the national one... Changing the main menu and intro logos.
I want to make a leaf green hack. If anyone has advice or can give me some tips I would
Reall appreciate it...
I don't understand how to do a lot of stuff I'm still a noob.
What I want to do is change all the pokemon sprites to the ds sprites, I know where the sprites are but the colours get messed up.
Change the battlefield sprites to the ds sprites...
Change the main hero battle sprites and overworld sprites
And change the tilesets of the whole game
I sort of know how to use the script editor but if anyone has any script templates that would really help
Thanks....
I hope to release my hack soon

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Hey! Welcome to PC.

If you enjoy hacking, you came to the right place. PC has a very large, and very popular section dedicated to it! Our Emulation section of the forum can provide you with all the resources you need for hacking including tips, and helpful tutorials. You can also check out and play other hacks made by our own creative members! They really are quite incredible. I am not a hacker, but I'm sure that visiting that section will help answer most of the questions you have! And if you still have questions, it would be a good idea to ask the moderator of the section (: When you complete your hack, you can post it and get feedback on it as well!

Anyway, if you need anything, do not hesitate to ask!

Years
Heya, welcome to the forum! Great to meet you. :)

Like Toshiro said, you should check out the Emulation board for all hacking-related info; there's a whole slew of useful things to tinker with over there. Make sure to ask questions regarding Emulation in the Emulation board, though, and not here in your introduction. The Welcome Lounge is a place to introduce yourself to your fellow forum members rather than ask for help! Emulation has a script help thread, team discussions subforum, and pleeenty of other things to keep you busy. It's pretty hard to start learning I've heard, but with enough effort you'll surely get there. Good luck and looking forward to seeing what you'll create for the community!

With that out of the way, you should totally share a bit more information about yourself with us. This thread seems more hacking-oriented, which would probably fit more in Emulation (as stated already), but I want to give you a chance to get to know us a bit. :D You're free to share however many details you want; we'd love to know when you got into Pokemon, for example, as well as what your favorite games are. It'd be nice to share what you're interested in outside of Pokemon too.. surely there are lots of things you take interest in, right? We have some wonderful off-topic boards to delve into, such as Video Games and Chit Chat & Polls.

While you're not required to add more info, it'd definitely be appreciated. It's a nice first step to getting settled into this awesome community. Perhaps we have some things in common that we don't know about yet, right?

Enjoy your stay on PokeCommunity and hope you stick around for a long time~

xboxmandude

Rom Hacker
Years
Thanks guys...
I suppose I could tell u a bit more about me...
So I'm sixteen. I'll be seventeen in august.
I started watching pokemon about 10 years ago and I have to say its one of the best animeshows... I started playing pokemon games on my gba and I had a lot of fun.
I recently downloaded an emulator on my phone and I started playing again.
I came to know a few hacks like liquid crystal and light platinum.
I thought they were amazing. So I decided to learn how to hack gba roms.
I've always wanted to play ds games but sadly never owned a ds.
I used to make mugen games before.
My favourite pokemon is Charizard.
And I hope this doesnt offend anyone but all the pokemon from the sinno onwards suck.
But that's just my opinion
So that's about it... For now

Back